UnevenEdge

Favorite on-air Williams Street Incident?

Viewer Bumps all the way. 

There was just something so fun about seeing something that someone you might remember interacting with that week getting up on the screen and having something they said either answered or mocked. :D Even if you didn't know them specifically, they were still a board member. Every Viewer Bump Night was a small celebration of community. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The viewer bumps were always really cool. In terms of programming, though, it had to be the Toonami April Fools stunt. They even led in with the first few minutes of The Room, and then a hard cut to TOM saying "Ohai [adult swim]!" The scary part is that I've now been watching the block for about as long with the Toonami packaging as I did with the old Action label, even though the latter feels like it lasted way way longer.

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, Top Gun said:

...it had to be the Toonami April Fools stunt. They even led in with the first few minutes of The Room, and then a hard cut to TOM saying "Ohai [adult swim]!"

I remember my reaction to that perfectly. "Welp, guess it's time to delete this recording off my-wait where's the content rating." And then the rest of the story happened.

Personally, it's a tie between on-air accidents (which were better in hindsight than in the moment, barring when that episode of SAO froze up) and the April Fools' stunts in general.

On 5/29/2023 at 1:53 PM, granzchesta said:

Not sure if it counts for Williams Street but the Mooninites stunt in Boston where people thought it was a terrorism thing will always be funny to me.

I mentioned that in my post initially before editing it out since it was more of a big news ordeal. Though they did make an apology bump that I can’t find.

That would be the biggest blow-up on the site that I remember. Think they even took down Aqua Teen from the Fix or at least removed innocent clips. Weird time to be a fan.

EDIT: Should update this by saying there was this video that caught just about all of the “bump.” Only the very last part was fan-made, shown in the description.

Seems like something Bumpworthy would want, but I’ve gone all around that site in the past and I don’t think they have it. I’ve found pics of it on Flickr too but that fan upload seems like the only video capture of it at all.

Edited by [classic swim]
  • Like 2

You know what my absolute favorite was? When The_Spoon got a bump, and they cut it off halfway through and say something like "by this point we lost interest and noticed his sig" which said something like:

"I have a poster of kagome in my room and every night before bed I unsheathe my tesseiga and windscar all over her face"

I know I'm butchering it so someone's gotta find that.

• Haha 7

33 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

You know what my absolute favorite was? When The_Spoon got a bump, and they cut it off halfway through and say something like "by this point we lost interest and noticed his sig" which said something like:

"I have a poster of kagome in my room and every night before bed I unsheathe my tesseiga and windscar all over her face"

I know I'm butchering it so someone's gotta find that.

Surprisingly not too hard to find.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

A little excerpt from 2010 which I happened to like.

95AA24F2-490C-48EE-B916-032DD4D2C770.jpeg.7715231b8e15d0c7988ee235ba5a41b7.jpeg

43E2ABBB-7513-457C-8341-965D06297E77.jpeg.183960dabbf6a51a07c2c8b0d2f07d1d.jpeg

My fan hype died down for a couple years and the programming around this time briefly snapped me out of it. Squidbillies musical, ATHF reaching 100 eps (remembering  the Burger King Carl contest even though that was ‘08-‘09) , Frankenhole, Chrimbus, Boondocks S3, FREAKNIK

Last year for [as] that felt exceptionally special long term. They had some awesome stuff on the online shop during this time too.

Edited by [classic swim]
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, [classic swim] said:

A little excerpt from 2010 which I happened to like.

95AA24F2-490C-48EE-B916-032DD4D2C770.jpeg.7715231b8e15d0c7988ee235ba5a41b7.jpeg

43E2ABBB-7513-457C-8341-965D06297E77.jpeg.183960dabbf6a51a07c2c8b0d2f07d1d.jpeg

My fan hype died down for a couple years and the programming around this time briefly snapped me out of it. Squidbillies musical, ATHF reaching 100 eps (remembering  the Burger King Carl contest even though that was ‘08-‘09) , Frankenhole, Chrimbus, Boondocks S3, FREAKNIK

Last year for [as] that felt exceptionally special long term. They had some awesome stuff on the online shop during this time too.

You knew they were ass mad about that one when Aqua Teen had a whole bit about the show going to “Carl Central.”

• Haha 4

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, [classic swim] said:

I wish I could’ve been that guy to see this up as I’m driving and recognize it from their winter broadcast.

BC3BB009-4CD4-4224-B293-2ECB642277D4.jpeg.5c924a8ad3fe4a7e5a6fbe94db1a8869.jpeg

From what I know it freaked random people out.

Freaked? Past tense?

That thing STILL freaks me out. It's those bastards from the 'Blackhole Sun' video all over again. 

• Haha 2