UnevenEdge

adultswim starts earlier on May 1st

1 hour ago, korosu said:

So when are we fixing this?

Capture.PNG

Surprised they didn't update the time change on there yet

1 hour ago, PokeNirvash said:

Just saying, everyone is recognizing it as a start time change from 8 to 7 instead of 7 to 6, which only applies to one-quarter of the continental U.S. Just because it plays in Peoria, it doesn't mean it's the center of the universe.

nowhere did i imply My Area's the center of the universe...simply put no matter how you slice it

The New Start Time(For All Time-Zones)is too damn early   7:00 6:00 5:00  whatever it is...all time zones have it too early

i know children don't watch cartoon network and most viewers on the channel are adults but pushing adultswim to start earlier and earlier is just gonna make things..weird

especially since they don't have a lot of content they can get away with airing in those time slots aside from KOTH And Maybe futurama

Edited by CountFrylock

2 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

nowhere did i imply My Area's the center of the universe...simply put no matter how you slice it

You said it was a time change from 7 to 6 without indicating that was the region where it was. Sounds pretty self-centered to me, even accidentally.

• Confused 1
  • D'oh 1

8 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

You said it was a time change from 7 to 6 without indicating that was the region where it was. Sounds pretty self-centered to me, even accidentally.

i said for me...not for everyone

I Didn't intend for it to come off the way you think it did....

Edited by CountFrylock

8 hours ago, Seight said:

It seems too early for a block that has to put disclaimers telling people that it isn't intended for children, yes.

The Counter-Point is "Well Kids don't watch cable anyways" but there's a reason they air the tamest stuff in the early time-slots instead of something like robot chicken

it's so parents don't complain that little billy was caught watching this and while they do have some content that can avoid that problem it's not enough....most of adultswim's output isn't for children

10 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Or, heaven forbid, actually give one of their other shows they paid good money for a replay?

I Don't even know how this is a win for adultswim when it's just going to be used for more king of the hill

4 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

I Guess they'll just shove in more KOTH when they lose bobs burgers

Right now Saturday and Sunday nights, they have Futurama at 4:00 am - 6:00 am. If they lose Bob's Burgers any time soon, they can do those Futurama time slots for the weekdays too.

Edited by Doom Metal Alchemist

6 minutes ago, [classic swim] said:

Disappoints me how quickly they burned out Futurama upon joyfully reclaiming it and then just left it deserted on pointless slots.

It pisses me off when it's just 4:00 - 5:00, but for me 5:00 - 6:00 is great because that's when I get home from work, get a snack, and turn on the TV (I work the night shift).

Comedy Central used to show it at like 7:00 am - 9:00 am, and that was great for me too because I would just put it on and fall asleep to it. It hasn't been in their line up in forever. They recently put it on a little bit for some holiday/date/event/whatever (I don't remember what), so they do still have it, but they choose not to show it at all. Both channels have the rights to it, and both channels are squandering it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, [classic swim] said:

Disappoints me how quickly they burned out Futurama upon joyfully reclaiming it and then just left it deserted on pointless slots.

i wonder if The Hulu Revival had anything to do with adultswim just dumping it in the graveyard slot

2 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Right now Saturday and Sunday nights, they have Futurama at 4:00 am - 6:00 am. If they lose Bob's Burgers any time soon, they can do those Futurama time slots for the weekdays too.

they could have done something with futurama with this extra time but instead they chose more king of the hill....so I have my doubts that'll change when bobs leaves

8 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

i wonder if The Hulu Revival had anything to do with adultswim just dumping it in the graveyard slot

I doubt that would even matter.

But now that you bring it up, it sucks they’re not gonna have syndication rights for those new episodes either. 

4 hours ago, [classic swim] said:

I hated how they just kept looping the movie episodes in the early months of getting it back. It got me in the habit of avoiding the show because more often than not it would just be one of those episodes. 

2 hours ago, [classic swim] said:

But now that you bring it up, it sucks they’re not gonna have syndication rights for those new episodes either. 

That’s a good thing though. The CC seasons are some of the most creatively bankrupt garbage out there, and based on the titles leaked for the new season, it’s going to be just as bad. 

10 minutes ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

That’s a good thing though. The CC seasons are some of the most creatively bankrupt garbage out there, and based on the titles leaked for the new season, it’s going to be just as bad. 

You never know. Beavis & Butt-Head’s second revival has a fair sprinkle of great episodes and utter shit ones.

I’d hope Futurama would step it up, although it’s Exhibit #8675309 of TV revival that only exists out of desperation. 

4 hours ago, [classic swim] said:

still there's gotta be some reason why they don't wanna put futurama anywhere except the graveyard slot

it used to have a better spot on the lineup when it first returned but then they started airing it near the conclusion of the night's schedule

1 hour ago, CountFrylock said:

still there's gotta be some reason why they don't wanna put futurama anywhere except the graveyard slot

it used to have a better spot on the lineup when it first returned but then they started airing it near the conclusion of the night's schedule

I’m not sure what the exact amount of viewership was for them to just suck at airing it.

It’s like what Toonamiguy mentioned. As bad as Comedy Central was, they could air each movie all in one go.

They wouldn’t air half of it one night, half of it the other night, or just rapidly air it non consecutively when they had no business to.

[as] used to be the one place where Futurama could thrive in numbers, but oh well. Guess they still have FXX. I think.

There's little reason for me to regularly tune into adultswim because i don't feel like watching hours of american dad or king of the hill

I Like adultswim for the adultswim content not for the acquired sitcoms they use to pad out the line-up each night and as such i miss when there was more than one adultswim original airing in a single night

when sunday's weren't just "Royal Crackers" or whatever the flavor of the month show happens to be for [AS] at that time

when Adultswim's experimental night owl shows weren't being phased out and bumpers weren't so damn boring

Edited by CountFrylock
  • Thanks 1

I favor Williams Street originals as well. The network not having much to go on is one of the many reasons why I’m no longer giving them as much time. They’ve been stagnate since well before the mark of the 2010s, so it’s not like this is a new issue.

My thing is that if syndication’s a top priority, they do a shit job at that also.

Even though I believe Family Guy belongs on [as], we’re arguably in a much better spot (just out of personal taste) than when we had a three hour MacFarlane block. A lot more bitching back then, but that also allowed some leverage, or the market then was just better.

It’s not like I’m routinely watching their sped-up/squeezed KOTH episodes, but it’s not a bad show quality wise to marathon. As opposed to Cleveland Show.

This is just the new vanilla world that they’re stuck in. They aired repeats of Lucy and Frankenhole months back. That’s about the only good thing I’ve had to say about their general programming in awhile.

3 minutes ago, [classic swim] said:

I favor Williams Street originals as well. The network not having much to go on is one of the many reasons why I’m no longer giving them as much time. They’ve been stagnate since well before the mark of the 2010s, so it’s not like this is a new issue.

My thing is that if syndication’s a top priority, they do a shit job at that also.

Even though I believe Family Guy belongs on [as], we’re arguably in a much better spot (just out of personal taste) than when we had a three hour MacFarlane block. A lot more bitching back then, but that also allowed some leverage, or the market then was just better.

It’s not like I’m routinely watching their sped-up/squeezed KOTH episodes, but it’s not a bad show quality wise to marathon. As opposed to Cleveland Show.

This is just the new vanilla world that they’re stuck in. They aired repeats of Lucy and Frankenhole months back. That’s about the only good thing I’ve had to say about their general programming in awhile.

Yeah that was for DVR Theater...A late night spot where adultswim would air shows like that to fill time although it seems like they no longer have interest in something like that anymore

Adultswim is looking for more reliable shows and has no interest in the experimental night owl approach they once employed

which is a shame because that experimental mindset is what made adultswim so cool and interesting

You Could get stuff like Tim And Eric Great Job  you could get frankenhole frisky dingo or bizarre infomercial style shorts

adultswim was when the night owls came out and took over....Now though?

it's less "Adultswim is this night owl's hang-out" and more like "adultswim is where you go if you wanna watch a couple hours of KOTH"

Adultswim used to have more than one show occupy the sunday night line-up with new episodes

but now it's just one show gets all the attention for sunday nights and then when it's over

something else will take it's place...being the one new show on sundays

On 5/7/2023 at 9:14 AM, [classic swim] said:

At this point they've got plenty of their own properties that have long been canceled to dump in that slot. I'm sure someone would watch Stroker and Hoop at 5 a.m.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ZoomBubba said:

At this point they've got plenty of their own properties that have long been canceled to dump in that slot. I'm sure someone would watch Stroker and Hoop at 5 a.m.

They used to have self-proclaimed filler programming for those slots long before their catalog became as massive.

I always enjoyed the Home Movies repeats they’d place there ages ago.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, ZoomBubba said:

9 minutes ago, [classic swim] said:

They used to have self-proclaimed filler programming for those slots long before their catalog became as massive.

I always enjoyed the Home Movies repeats they’d place there ages ago.

Stroker and Hoop and Home Movies are some of my favorite [as] comedies. Wish we could see them again. particularly Stroker and Hoop. That shit was hilarious and I was so sad it never got another season. Would love to see reruns!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1