UnevenEdge

I regret that I didn't come here for the 2020 election thread.

Icarus27k

3 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

Talk sponges into coming back, his impending doom is exactly the lube you need....

I just now came across a thread from 2017 where you said you tried to get me on these boards. I seem to remember that at the time, but I had stuff in real life going on.

Thanks for thinking about me at the time though. I appreciate it.

That was December 2017. I was pretty cynical about elections and politics at that time. I thought, "of course they are going to vote for the pedophile. They are Americans and they vote, don't they?"

But when they voted for the civil rights lawyer instead (Doug Jones), it was a spark that lead me to focus on volunteering for the 2018 election in Georgia. Which was when Stacy Abrams revitalized the state Dem Party. I moved back to Georgia and decided to stay. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

you've certainly missed a lot. just in terms of big elections, that's the end of 2016, the roy moore special/bucket meltdown extreme, 2018, 2020, 2022.

by my math, asmb was around for 13 years and uemb is already at six and a half years.

Wait that can't possibly be true *checks*

...fuck we're old.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Eh, you weren't the only one. (Also, I've come to the conclusion that politicians on both sides are only out for themselves and we as a country are screwed no matter what as a result. Therefore, I don't care about politics anymore.)

18 hours ago, Icarus27k said:

I didn't care one bit what happened in the 2020 Democratic primaries at the time, but damn, you guys cared. Like very, very passionately. Screenshot_20230402-114406.thumb.png.1a51df0011b4572a3312788b60794760.png

You missed so much and honestly I don't think any of us has adequate time to explain that.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

The general election was on Nov. 3 2020. The day after, you guys were a mix of people who thought Trump was going to win and people who were incredibly cynical about the election. 

I was pretty happy on Nov. 4, thinking Trump was going to lose because the state of Arizona got called for Biden the night before. 

I don't know what I would have said if I was posting here that day, probably something like, "stop being negative, all of you" 

6 minutes ago, Icarus27k said:

The general election was on Nov. 3 2020. The day after, you guys were a mix of people who thought Trump was going to win and people who were incredibly cynical about the election. 

I was pretty happy on Nov. 4, thinking Trump was going to lose because the state of Arizona got called for Biden the night before. 

I don't know what I would have said if I was posting here that day, probably something like, "stop being negative, all of you" 

If you weren't too busy dodging a certain forum troll who was pretending to stump for the Green Party.

• Thanks 1

Nationally, the 2020 election was great. 

But my state especially did well. We went Democratic in the presidential race for the first time since 1992, netted two Democratic U.S. Senate seats, netted three Democratic state legislature seats and ran Democratic candidates in almost every contest on the ballot. 

(Then in 2022, we netted three more Dem state legislature seats and the Dem U.S. senator won again.) 

Let's do it again in 2024. 

• Like 1