UnevenEdge

still no new toonami schedule

Usually a Friday post would go up at noon. The other scheduled time for their posts is 8pm, so we will see in a few hours. 

At this point, they urgently need to get us 3/11, but now 3/18 is on the brink of being late too. So if they don’t announce two at once we will know they are still flying week to week. 

At this point, I think it’s pretty safe to assume they are flying as close to the ground as possible on AoT. They probably want it on air on 3/11 if possible. If they can’t do that, they will probably do double OP/Naruto at the last second. 

As for other content, it’s pretty hard to believe they have anything lined up. We are long past the point where a no date reveal would have made sense just to quell concerns among the fans. We have to wonder if Zaslav has put an ultimatum on Toonami, or if the industry has turned its back on the block. I think it’s worth pointing out the the latest sustaining promo (that now has two out of date shows), lists the block start time of 12a, but unlike promos of the past, doesnt give an end hour. If we end up with an even shorter block soon I wouldn’t be surprised at all. 

• Like 1

Might as well announce ahead of putting it in my personal indices that I'm planning on watching Mob Psycho 100 season 2 outside of Toonami. My having given up hope on Crunchyroll ever letting [as] have the broadcast rights is just part of my reasoning.

The rest is so my uncle can watch it after he decided to skip ahead to season 3.

[you just don't do that]

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PokeNirvash said:

Might as well announce ahead of putting it in my personal indices that I'm planning on watching Mob Psycho 100 season 2 outside of Toonami. My having given up hope on Crunchyroll ever letting [as] have the broadcast rights is just part of my reasoning.

The rest is so my uncle can watch it after he decided to skip ahead to season 3.

[you just don't do that]

I already finished that as well as the third(final)season because much like you  i realized toonami was never going to acquire it and the same goes for most shows I'm currently watching on crunchyroll

there's so many that i would never see if i simply watched toonami only

• D'oh 1

16 minutes ago, Blatch said:

Man, at this point I just want to know when FLCL Grunge is coming out. They still have that, even if they can't get any acquisitions... unless Zaslav has decided to write off both of the new sequels.

If nothing else, a write off of Grunge would be a waste of perfectly good Pillows songs.  That being said, I could easily see a summer release.

53 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

so according to the toonami discord...current listings for next week show double MHA and double One piece

i hope toonami realizes they can't keep doubling up mha like this

A good eye on their part, Zap2it was blank yesterday and has since been updated. This would explain why there has been no announcement, as this would mean 3/11 is no different than this week. That said, 3/18 still should have been out today. 

This is a very concerning course of action they are taking. MHA is their bread and butter right now, and doing this two weeks in a row makes it genuinely look like they are burning off their finite shows to heavily roll back Toonami’s hours, or possibly even pull the plug. 

FB87C896-AB0B-4411-B6CE-A014CE27DDD4.jpeg

• D'oh 1

22 minutes ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

A good eye on their part, Zap2it was blank yesterday and has since been updated. This would explain why there has been no announcement, as this would mean 3/11 is no different than this week. That said, 3/18 still should have been out today. 

This is a very concerning course of action they are taking. MHA is their bread and butter right now, and doing this two weeks in a row makes it genuinely look like they are burning off their finite shows to heavily roll back Toonami’s hours, or possibly even pull the plug. 

FB87C896-AB0B-4411-B6CE-A014CE27DDD4.jpeg

You Sure are quick to jump to the "Toonami's Dead!" conclusion aren't you?

I'm not surprised considering your online identity is "Fuck Demarco And His Stupid Toonami Ruining Face!"

ooof toonamifan dork.JPG

40 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

You Sure are quick to jump to the "Toonami's Dead!" conclusion aren't you?

I'm not surprised considering your online identity is "Fuck Demarco And His Stupid Toonami Ruining Face!"

ooof toonamifan dork.JPG

Damn dude, dial the aggression down a little. For starters, I have no idea who that is. Secondly, I agreed with your viewpoint on not being able to continuously double up MHA, I simply expanded on the inevitable results of them doing so, none of which are good.

But hell, you seem to know it all. Please, enlighten the class on how burning off MHA is a good sign for the block. 

6 minutes ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

Damn dude, dial the aggression down a little. For starters, I have no idea who that is. Secondly, I agreed with your viewpoint on not being able to continuously double up MHA, I simply expanded on the inevitable results of them doing so, none of which are good.

But hell, you seem to know it all. Please, enlighten the class on how burning off MHA is a good sign for the block. 

I'm not saying it's a good for the block but it's way too whiny and pessimistic to quickly assume this means they are cutting the block's hours and about to cancel toonami again

also your name is way too Similar to his just to be a coincidence

the only difference is "Guy" instead of "Fan"

the same numbers are there except in a different order

I'll admit, I thought Toonamiguy321 and ToonamiFan213 were the same at one point. But compared to the overwhelmingly abrasive sack of shit that is TF213, TG321 is a real stand-up guy! Helps that he makes some very good points.

Edited by PokeNirvash
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

I'll admit, I thought Toonamiguy321 and ToonamiFan213 were the same at one point. But compared to the overwhelmingly abrasive sack of shit that is TF213, TG321 is a real stand-up guy! Helps that he makes some very good points.

it's still a little suspicious because ToonfamiFan213 has referenced this place before and even tried to imply this was his account on unevenedge

when i started shitting on his BS Behavior over on twitter

he knows about this board and is probably reading it as we speak...there's no doubt about that

the real question becomes...is he one of us or not?

Edited by CountFrylock

15 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

I'm not saying it's a good for the block but it's way too whiny and pessimistic to quickly assume this means they are cutting the block's hours and about to cancel toonami again

also your name is way too Similar to his just to be a coincidence

the only difference is "Guy" instead of "Fan"

the same numbers are there except in a different order

I didn’t exactly tax my brain for a creative name. I’d imagine if you looked hard enough you could probably find other Toonamiguy321’s on other platforms because it’s about as generic as they come. 

Now, refresh my memory, aren’t you the guy that other users told to seek out mental help and medication about 6 months ago because any time Demarco farted you came here to make a panicked thread about how Toonami was for sure finished because of that? Did the meds work? Because burning off their biggest pickup of 2022 seems like a situation where it’s appropriate to be concerned about the future of the block. 

2 minutes ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

I didn’t exactly tax my brain for a creative name. I’d imagine if you looked hard enough you could probably find other Toonamiguy321’s on other platforms because it’s about as generic as they come. 

Now, refresh my memory, aren’t you the guy that other users told to seek out mental help and medication about 6 months ago because any time Demarco farted you came here to make a panicked thread about how Toonami was for sure finished because of that? Did the meds work? Because burning off their biggest pickup of 2022 seems like a situation where it’s appropriate to be concerned about the future of the block. 

everyone makes mistakes but I'm not the one here thinking this possibly means toonami's dead....we all know toonami's budget is tight and that crunchyroll has a lock on a majority of the freshest anime out there

so things cannot be easy for them but that doesn't mean we start screaming "Toonami's getting canned again!"

the price has to be right and it's probably harder than ever to find suitable shows that they can afford without breaking the bank

that doesn't mean there's nothing for them but that it's gonna take longer than usual for them to secure two shows than we would like it to

1 minute ago, CountFrylock said:

everyone makes mistakes but I'm not the one here thinking this possibly means toonami's dead....we all know toonami's budget is tight and that crunchyroll has a lock on a majority of the freshest anime out there

so things cannot be easy for them but that doesn't mean we start screaming "Toonami's getting canned again!"

the price has to be right and it's probably harder than ever to find suitable shows that they can afford without breaking the bank

that doesn't mean there's nothing for them but that it's gonna take longer than usual for them to secure two shows than we would like it to

So, it was you who was screaming doom at every little thing. So if this big thing has you unshaken, I’d say the meds are doing their job. 

65188DDB-0B87-445D-922B-40CE1D32F934.jpeg

918695AF-6E91-42C2-967A-1A81C43C2D65.jpeg

• D'oh 1

16 minutes ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

So, it was you who was screaming doom at every little thing. So if this big thing has you unshaken, I’d say the meds are doing their job. 

65188DDB-0B87-445D-922B-40CE1D32F934.jpeg

918695AF-6E91-42C2-967A-1A81C43C2D65.jpeg

Medication has nothing to do with it.....I Simply realized i was wasting my time venting about pointless bullshit and that the chances of toonami being canned anytime soon were extremely low

but apparently they aren't low enough if you think this news makes it more likely now than ever

Toonami's been in worse shape schedule wise than this  so I don't know why you think now is when we should be concerned

"Everyone panic Toonami's Doubled Up MHA for two weeks in a row! it's total chaos and pandemonium!"

maybe if they did this every single week I'd think differently but two weeks doesn't phase me....

toonami realizes how this must look but i don't think they intend on simply riding out the rest of MHA's season doubled up

that's only if they can't find anything else and i have my doubts that they'll have to resort to doubled up MHA the rest of the season

Edited by CountFrylock

1 hour ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

We all know it’s you Mitty, you’re just way more civil here. But I wish that person on twitter isn’t you because that person is a transphobe who doesn’t support Ukraine and thinks guys are cucks if they marry a woman with kids. Probably a neo-nazi or MAGA trash.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • D'oh 1

Was expecting this at this point. It’s not technically a change from March 4th so there was no need to make a Facebook post for it but they also hid the schedule on grids till now which left us entirely in the dark.

Double One Piece and double MHA means 2 hours I’m gonna watch.

They are most likely holding off on starting anything until they can air the Attack on Titan 60 min special which will fill 3 time slots for one week.

2 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

Yeah, that's how I feel. And while the right-wing talking points this user may or may not be peddling are unfortunate, I can put those aside in the game of good-faith debates in this tiny little Internet forum where I doubt most of this will have implications elsewhere.

The whole far-right thing is news to me, did TF213 only start that recently because I don't remember seeing any of that shit on his Twitter before shutting him out. (Admittedly, I was pretty tunnel-focused on his Toonami replies at the time, enough that I blocked him on grounds of those alone.)

Edited by PokeNirvash

53 minutes ago, Sketch said:

We all know it’s you Mitty

Im not an immortal blob of goo nor a well potted blob of goo either. I feel like there is supposed to be a joke in here somewhere but I’m not getting it. 
As far as your twitter friend goes, I don’t give a damn what opinions someone with 39 followers has, and I’m not sure why anyone else would either. 

52 minutes ago, Sketch said:

It’s not technically a change from March 4th so there was no need to make a Facebook post for it but they also hid the schedule on grids till now which left us entirely in the dark.

Best guess is they did not want to commit to this until it was absolutely unavoidable. They probably took a gamble on getting AoT by next week and it’s clear now that won’t happen. The week after though? I could see it being ready by then. 

1 hour ago, OwlChemist81 said:

For what it's worth, I saw somewhere here that claimed it would be another double shot of MHA.

I guess we'll see!

This is most likely it. 

We will probably see reruns or something not worthy of advertising for that week. 

Lets be real, Toonami and [as] like to pull our chains and leave us in the dark at times, especially if there is nothing worth advertising. Does that mean the block is dead? No.

We probably will not see news for a couple weeks at least. 

AoT aired in japan/hulu yesterday/today. If Toonami gets it it is going to be after streaming gets it probably, so if we do in fact get it we will not be hearing about it for a couple weeks at least.

Regardless of that, I do not see the block going anywhere yet, so the doom posting is meaningless to me. 

Does it make me sad that we are dead on content at the moment, of course, but what do you expect for cable tv?  We have spring and summer coming up and I am fairly certain Toonami will be around for that, regardless of how neutered it is. 

We will probably get news on schedule changes in the coming weeks/months.. Lets all relax and be adults haha 

Edited by atomicinumatt
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Sketch said:

We all know it’s you Mitty, you’re just way more civil here. But I wish that person on twitter isn’t you because that person is a transphobe who doesn’t support Ukraine and thinks guys are cucks if they marry a woman with kids. Probably a neo-nazi or MAGA trash.

Mitt Romney? Mitt doesn't support Ukraine? That Mormon son of a bitch.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, atomicinumatt said:

This is most likely it. 

We will probably see reruns or something not worthy of advertising for that week. 

Lets be real, Toonami and [as] like to pull our chains and leave us in the dark at times, especially if there is nothing worth advertising. Does that mean the block is dead? No.

We probably will not see news for a couple weeks at least. 

AoT aired in japan/hulu yesterday/today. If Toonami gets it it is going to be after streaming gets it probably, so if we do in fact get it we will not be hearing about it for a couple weeks at least.

Regardless of that, I do not see the block going anywhere yet, so the doom posting is meaningless to me. 

Does it make me sad that we are dead on content at the moment, of course, but what do you expect for cable tv?  We have spring and summer coming up and I am fairly certain Toonami will be around for that, regardless of how neutered it is. 

We will probably get news on schedule changes in the coming weeks/months.. Lets all relax and be adults haha 

no no matter what the schedule changes are....I Have crunchyroll to fall back on

in a way it's been my saturday ritual more so than toonami has been lately

so if the schedule annoys me or seems disappointing...i just tell myself "there's always crunchyroll"

5 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

no no matter what the schedule changes are....I Have crunchyroll to fall back on

so if the schedule annoys me or seems disappointing...i just tell myself "there's always crunchyroll"

Yea, Funi/Crunchy, Hulu and HiDive are where I watch most of my anime. 

I still watch the block just for fun though! 

• Like 2

I like the block, I like the shows on it when they’re around, but it does feel like a lot of times Toonami is less a block to watch and more of a guide on what shows to watch elsewhere.  Does that make sense?  The only exceptions were their originals, and yes I’m still pissed tax BS is why we’re not getting a Season 2 of Shenmue.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, atomicinumatt said:

yeah i still watch the block for fun but it feels like the days of being excited to see what's gonna happen next  time on toonami are done

2 hours ago, Jman said:

I like the block, I like the shows on it when they’re around, but it does feel like a lot of times Toonami is less a block to watch and more of a guide on what shows to watch elsewhere.  Does that make sense?  The only exceptions were their originals, and yes I’m still pissed tax BS is why we’re not getting a Season 2 of Shenmue.

can't argue with that especially since it's become a clear You'll probably never see a majority of CR anime on the block and even if it's on the block....You'll likely have to endure movie nights or marathons

Edited by CountFrylock

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2023 at 4:42 PM, CountFrylock said:

On 3/4/2023 at 9:51 PM, atomicinumatt said:

I use Netflix, Hulu, Tubi occasionally.  I still have my Funimation Now account, grandfathered in at the earlier, cheaper rate, and I refuse to get rid of it until it and get Crunchyroll until Funimation Now is completely shut down and everything is moved to Crunchyroll.  There's STILL stuff on Funimation Now that isn't on Crunchyroll, and they still haven't made it so watch history and queue migrates over, and probably never will, it was such a half-assed merger.  Plus, I'm not going to pay two subscriptions to the same company.  If I can't find what I want to watch on those platforms and a few others, there are other ways.

Now, if only Disney Plus would absorb Hulu already.  It wouldn't change what I pay, since we pay for the Disney and another family member pays for the Hulu, but it would be less platforms to have to open up.

But yeah, I've been going on a bit of an super anime-thon in recent months.  Making up for lost time I spent on other hobbies, but also the foolish notion of "saving" a show to watch it for the first time on Toonami.

18 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

I use Netflix, Hulu, Tubi occasionally.  I still have my Funimation Now account, grandfathered in at the earlier, cheaper rate, and I refuse to get rid of it until it and get Crunchyroll until Funimation Now is completely shut down and everything is moved to Crunchyroll.  There's STILL stuff on Funimation Now that isn't on Crunchyroll, and they still haven't made it so watch history and queue migrates over, and probably never will, it was such a half-assed merger.  Plus, I'm not going to pay two subscriptions to the same company.  If I can't find what I want to watch on those platforms and a few others, there are other ways.

Now, if only Disney Plus would absorb Hulu already.  It wouldn't change what I pay, since we pay for the Disney and another family member pays for the Hulu, but it would be less platforms to have to open up.

But yeah, I've been going on a bit of an super anime-thon in recent months.  Making up for lost time I spent on other hobbies, but also the foolish notion of "saving" a show to watch it for the first time on Toonami.

if i had saved something like spyxfamily for watching it on toonami...chances are I'd never watch it

I finally watched Demon Slayer’s 2nd season. I still haven’t watched Mob season 2 or much of Jujutsu Kaisen. I’ll get around to them eventually. Spy x Family was excellent and I’m glad I didn’t wait to start it.

I tend to have the patience for watching MHA on Toonami and am currently holding off on watching the AoT special but I might not be patient with Dr. Stone or anything else.

• Thanks 2

On 3/13/2023 at 5:00 AM, CountFrylock said:

if i had saved something like spyxfamily for watching it on toonami...chances are I'd never watch it

Yeah, like I said.  I don't do that anymore, and for good reason.  My breaking point was when Demarco said he never saw Fairy Tail several years ago haha.  I probably ought to check out Spy x Family, Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, etc some time soon.

The thing with Chainsaw Man is weird.  When the anime first came out, it felt like it had already been out several months before then.  Maybe it's just a really hyped series, or I was conflating it with Jujutsu Kaisen.

I watched the Demon Slayer Mugen Train movie but hadn't gotten around to watching past that.  I probably should soon, though I may not be able to make it to the new movie, regardless.