UnevenEdge

Why the fuck does Hulu have so many ads...

7 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

Because advertisements allow them to provide quality content to you at a low subscription price.

I'm reading it could be a bug or be caused by network somehow if I'm using a proxy, but I'm not at the moment. I wouldn't pay 50 cents a month for this subscription if that screen is the best they can do for adspace..Occasionally an ad does play for like 20 seconds during it..  I only opted in the free trial because I thought they had season 3 of American Gods..Only to find out I either pay Starz per episode or pirate it...Pretty sure you know what option I took there.

Hulu bought a new season of Futurama. Maybe I'll deal with this shit for it, but until then, and after fuck this. 

Edited by PhilosipherStoned
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

I'm reading it could be a bug or be caused by network somehow if I'm using a proxy, but I'm not at the moment. I wouldn't pay 50 cents a month for this subscription if that screen is the best they can do for adspace..Occasionally an ad does play for like 20 seconds during it..  I only opted in the free trial because I thought they had season 3 of American Gods..Only to find out I either pay Starz per episode or pirate it...Pretty sure you know what option I took there.

Hulu bought a new season of Futurama. Maybe I'll deal with this shit for it, but until then, and after fuck this. 

I feel ya, man. I watched a 90-minute movie on Tubi last night and had to sit thru, like, 2 ad breaks. And each one was like 30 seconds! Totally not the same thing you’re talking about, I’m sure. But seriously, fuck that shit.

1 minute ago, The_annoying_one said:

I feel ya, man. I watched a 90-minute movie on Tubi last night and had to sit thru, like, 2 ad breaks. And each one was like 30 seconds! Totally not the same thing you’re talking about, I’m sure. But seriously, fuck that shit.

1. Tubi is completely free..well I guess they have a pay option, but I've never used it.

2. At least they show actual ads and not a dumb place holder screen for minutes at a time. Tubi free does have like 3 short ads every 10-20 minutes though it's about as bad as this..

6 minutes ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

1. Tubi is completely free..well I guess they have a pay option, but I've never used it.

2. At least they show actual ads and not a dumb place holder screen for minutes at a time. Tubi free does have like 3 short ads every 10-20 minutes though it's about as bad as this..

I’m sorry, man. I know that shit I posted was nothing compared to yours. I was just trying to make you feel better.

7 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

That sucks. Wish I knew what to tell you, dude.

I don't come here for solutions I'm just venting because hulu somehow managed to become more trash since the last time I used it. I also almost can't believe they bought out Futurama in the same breath. Oh how the mighty have fallen...(Futurama not hulu) -_-

3 minutes ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

I don't come here for solutions I'm just venting because hulu somehow managed to become more trash since the last time I used it. I also almost can't believe they bought out Futurama in the same breath. Oh how the mighty have fallen...(Futurama not hulu) -_-

That’s the way of the world now. Things that used to be great are now trash. I remember about 15 or so years ago, watching Hulu free . I wanna say it was ad-free too, but I don’t remember.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

I can almost guarantee you that Futurama will flourish more on streaming than coming back to cable TV again. Hardly anybody but middle aged/old people still watch cable TV, so Futurama will actually probably get LOTS more viewers on streaming than on cable, which will more likely keep them safe from yet another premature canceling. 

But Hulu as opposed to other streaming platforms? Yeah, that may be a mistake.

1 minute ago, atomicinumatt said:

Eh, yea for most Hulu commercials are teh suck but I do not mind them. Essentially a forced piss break! 

I also use Hulu for cable with their live membership thingy. 

Meh I think I was just signed out and needed to sign in again...🙄 Oh whoops..nope there's the ad placeholder screen again lol what shit. 

2 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I can almost guarantee you that Futurama will flourish more on streaming than coming back to cable TV again. Hardly anybody but middle aged/old people still watch cable TV, so Futurama will actually probably get LOTS more viewers on streaming than on cable, which will more likely keep them safe from yet another premature canceling. 

But Hulu as opposed to other streaming platforms? Yeah, that may be a mistake.

But Hulu.. It's trash.. They may want to at least go for PrimeVideo. It's the only one I pay for anyway.. Their originals make it worth it to me and fuck Netflix I got tired of it way before Netflix and chill became a tired meme... The Boys, Incredible, The Night Sky, Upload, Prime vid has aired so many originals I enjoy with there only being one brain numbing series like Squidgame, Wednessday etc that I'm told is all the rage from netflix users..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

But Hulu.. It's trash.. They may want to at least go for PrimeVideo. It's the only one I pay for anyway.. Their originals make it worth it to me and fuck Netflix I got tired of it way before Netflix and chill became a tired meme... The Boys, Incredible, The Night Sky, Upload, Prime vid has aired so many originals I enjoy with there only being one brain numbing series like Squidgame, Wednessday etc that I'm told is all the rage from netflix users..

I just got done watching Wednesday a week or two ago. It was…..meh.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hello customer. Please subscribe to our latest service Hulu Premium Plus EX for only $130 per month. With this new premium subscription service you may experience only our finest advertising services with minimal interruption from non advertisement programming 

Don't know what's wrong with your Hulu...I don't get ads. 

If you have a blocker active, that likely what's causing the pop up...just it being on is probably triggering the placeholder despite it not actually wanting to play an ad, but other than that...dunno. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, André Toulon said:

Don't know what's wrong with your Hulu...I don't get ads. 

If you have a blocker active, that likely what's causing the pop up...just it being on is probably triggering the placeholder despite it not actually wanting to play an ad, but other than that...dunno. 

Bro idk... I go through all those kind of checks usually, but maybe a maleware guard browser extension somehow triggered that shit. It seemed weird to me as well, but on the subject IDGAF anymore... Youtube pretty much threw adblock out the window so if you use google chrome and havent figured it out yet you need to get the ublock browswer extension to block youtube ads on google chrome.... Youtube literally added to their TOS recently that you are doing a no no even as a random video watcher by blocking ads...

So my solution since I do get paid from companies from just watching ads...game testing etc... was to just install the brave browser which operates off the same chromium shell as google chrome anyway... No matter what adblocking extension they throw out the window next the blockers are so ingrained into Brave's standard download it's hard for them to pussy foot around the issue...

TLDR easy peasy for me if youtube fucked up your adblock just use the Brave web browser for youtube like I do or download the ublock extension for chrome.. :painfap:

bunch a bs

3 hours ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

Bro idk... I go through all those kind of checks usually, but maybe a maleware guard browser extension somehow triggered that shit. It seemed weird to me as well, but on the subject IDGAF anymore... Youtube pretty much threw adblock out the window so if you use google chrome and havent figured it out yet you need to get the ublock browswer extension to block youtube ads on google chrome.... Youtube literally added to their TOS recently that you are doing a no no even as a random video watcher by blocking ads...

So my solution since I do get paid from companies from just watching ads...game testing etc... was to just install the brave browser which operates off the same chromium shell as google chrome anyway... No matter what adblocking extension they throw out the window next the blockers are so ingrained into Brave's standard download it's hard for them to pussy foot around the issue...

TLDR easy peasy for me if youtube fucked up your adblock just use the Brave web browser for youtube like I do or download the ublock extension for chrome.. :painfap:

Nah

Mine was fucking up yesterday ( I don't watch it very often)

It was trying to give me an ad like about every 5 mins or so

Usually that happens when they think you're exiting out during commercials I think, because anytime I've closed hulu during an ad by accident or something, it does it to me for a short amount of time.

Not sure wtf was going on yesterday, but I closed that shit pretty damn fast

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/14/2024 at 12:11 AM, molarbear said:

Nah

Mine was fucking up yesterday ( I don't watch it very often)

It was trying to give me an ad like about every 5 mins or so

Usually that happens when they think you're exiting out during commercials I think, because anytime I've closed hulu during an ad by accident or something, it does it to me for a short amount of time.

Not sure wtf was going on yesterday, but I closed that shit pretty damn fast

This was necrobumped from the time I was supposed to have a free Hulu 'plus' subscription I guess, but the whole point was that I was thinking "Dam Hulu must really be feeling these hard economic times I remember when I could slide on to hulu like it was youtube without even logging into an account." lol.