UnevenEdge

My Hero Academia Season 6, Episode 6 (#119) "Encounter, Part 2" (and Trigun Stampede, apparently...) Discussion!!

12 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

I wonder if it's because it blowing in the wind and stuff adds more "character" to the model, adding more "life" to it, people usually complain about stiff or lack of expression CG.

Reveal hidden contents

His old hair makes a sorta cameo though for a moment lol.

And we get a classic piece of art for the end card.

I'm pretty sure that's just the way his hair looks now, for some reason.  Is that how it looked in the manga?

Well not just that but usually the CG looks fake and unsightly.

10 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

I'm pretty sure that's just the way his hair looks now, for some reason.  Is that how it looked in the manga?

Well not just that but usually the CG looks fake and unsightly.

Was just trying to think of reason, but yeah they and Nightow probably just agreed on it since it's more modern.

Yeah, that's why I thought perhaps they might have done it to add more "life and expression" to model, makes it feel less fake and static.

1 hour ago, DangerMouse said:

Was just trying to think of reason, but yeah they and Nightow probably just agreed on it since it's more modern.

Yeah, that's why I thought perhaps they might have done it to add more "life and expression" to model, makes it feel less fake and static.

Ok, I just checked, he definitely looked the same in the manga as he did in the original anime.  I don't understand why they would do this.  Changing an anime character's hair can almost change their appearance entirely.  He looks lame now.  Even more baffling, if this is supposed to be the version more accurate to the manga?

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2023/01/20/trigun-stampede-english-dub-reveals-cast-crew

Looks like the only English VA that returned was Johnny Yong Bosch, unfortunately.  Kind of weird, since some of the original VAs are still active.  Dorothy Elias-Fahn was in the last Lupin show. 

...just discovered something.  Bryce Papenbrook played kid Vash?  How far back does he go?!  Was he a child actor back then?  

And Milly and Wolfwood aren't in it?  I'm pretty sure Wolfwood was in the manga.

47 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Ok, I just checked, he definitely looked the same in the manga as he did in the original anime.  I don't understand why they would do this.  Changing an anime character's hair can almost change their appearance entirely.  He looks lame now.  Even more baffling, if this is supposed to be the version more accurate to the manga?

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2023/01/20/trigun-stampede-english-dub-reveals-cast-crew

Looks like the only English VA that returned was Johnny Yong Bosch, unfortunately.  Kind of weird, since some of the original VAs are still active.  Dorothy Elias-Fahn was in the last Lupin show. 

...just discovered something.  Bryce Papenbrook played kid Vash?  How far back does he go?!  Was he a child actor back then?  

And Milly and Wolfwood aren't in it?  I'm pretty sure Wolfwood was in the manga.

Pretty much the same thing happened with the movie too with the voice cast, only JYB was brought back.

Yeah, I don't remember Bryce playing kid Vash either lol. I'll have to go back and see if I hear it now that I saw that lol. Like you said, I definitely do not remember him being around already back then lol.

At first I felt the same about the hair style, but within the ep I thought it looked good and he looked very cool when he was supposed to.

Milly does not seem to be, Meryl is a rookie reporter in this version with an old jaded partner. Maybe if the show is long enough they might give us a Milly surprise, but dunno.

Wolfwood is definitely going to be in the show, he's in the trailer. That's only the voice cast for the first episode, and Wolfwood hasn't appeared yet.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Pretty much the same thing happened with the movie too with the voice cast, only JYB was brought back.

Yeah, I don't remember Bryce playing kid Vash either lol. I'll have to go back and see if I hear it now that I saw that lol. Like you said, I definitely do not remember him being around already back then lol.

At first I felt the same about the hair style, but within the ep I thought it looked good and he looked very cool when he was supposed to.

Milly does not seem to be, Meryl is a rookie reporter in this version with an old jaded partner. Maybe if the show is long enough they might give us a Milly surprise, but dunno.

Wolfwood is definitely going to be in the show, he's in the trailer. That's only the voice cast for the first episode, and Wolfwood hasn't appeared yet.

Oh yeah?  I didn't realize that.  I wonder why.  It would've been nice to at least get Dorothy Fahn as Meryl back.  I don't know why Lia Sargent hasn't done anything in years, but I guess it is moot if Milly is not appearing.  Looks like some of the other VAs did work at least a couple for few years ago.

Yeah just doesn't seem possible lmao.  It said Knives was played by a guy too, so maybe they were both child actors at the time?

Ok, maybe the hair will be better in practice within the actual show, than trailers and clips and pictures.  Still wish they didn't change it though.

No Milly. 😞 So, is this following the manga more closely, or is yet another retelling?  I would be shocked if Milly wasn't in the manga.  I wonder what other characters won't appear and if there will be any new characters.

Oh ok.  Well that is a relief.  This isn't a total cast listing, then.

On 1/22/2023 at 3:47 AM, ben0119 said:

Ok, maybe the hair will be better in practice within the actual show, than trailers and clips and pictures.  Still wish they didn't change it though.

No Milly. 😞 So, is this following the manga more closely, or is yet another retelling?  I would be shocked if Milly wasn't in the manga.  I wonder what other characters won't appear and if there will be any new characters.

Oh ok.  Well that is a relief.  This isn't a total cast listing, then.

Yeah, don't get why they thought the old spiked styled wouldn't still work if they'd just left it alone. But it didn't bother me in the ep. The hair and its movement at least looked surprisingly good in action with the vibrant art style and the way they lit his trademark glasses. Same, I think Sarah Roach (voiced Maki in Fire Force) will do a great job as the new Meryl, but yeah it's a shame we couldn't get Dorothy back too at least to get to hear her and JYB interacting one more time and it looked like she's still doing a role or two a year and had interest. I think the reason you probably didn't remember they had different voices in the movie is because the movie mostly focused on Vash interacting with the new movie characters. Meryl, Milly, and Wolfwood had pretty small roles from what I remember.

I haven't read the manga or Trigun Maximum but looking it up Milly was indeed in the manga (It's mentioned that her design was a little different back then from the show's), but Nightow is directly involved and you'll certainly still recognize the starting plot points, setup for Vash and Knives, and world building stuff like the Plants, so a new retelling is probably a good way to think about it. Heck, if this gets to keep going longer than 12-13 eps maybe she can still join later. Like, even though Meryl is a reporter in this version, her job still gets her trying to find Vash, even the name is mostly kept, it's the Bernardelli News Agency, just like it was originally the Bernardelli Insurance Society.

Yup, he's coming. Wolfwood's also even right on one of the main posters for the series, with Vash, Meryl, and the new guy Roberto.

Spoiler

FfFsbTUaEAEBptK?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, saito34 said:

Where is it dubbed? I was actually watching tonight on crunchy but it was the sub. A little disappointed in the CG, but I should probably stick it out.

I watched it on Crunchy, it went up sometime Saturday. The place where it shows "S1 - Trigun Stampede" try clicking it again so you can choose S1 - Trigun Stampede (English Dub) instead.

Edited by DangerMouse

Due to the fact that there are MORE off-topic posts (8) about Trigun Stampede than about MHA (7) on this thread, I made a slight change to the title so that these posts are back on-topic again!

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/my-hero-academia-season-6/episode-119/.191614

Rating 4 stars. Good episode, that was the aftermath after last week's catastrophic blow to the nether-region!

• Haha 2

On 1/22/2023 at 8:03 PM, OwlChemist81 said:

Due to the fact that there are MORE off-topic posts (8) about Trigun Stampede than about MHA (7) on this thread, I made a slight change to the title so that these posts are back on-topic again!

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/my-hero-academia-season-6/episode-119/.191614

Rating 4 stars. Good episode, that was the aftermath after last week's catastrophic blow to the nether-region!

LOL there weren't much until the end, and at least it's Trigun

Oh nice score on this week's ep

• Haha 1