UnevenEdge

so crunchyroll commercials have been airing on adultswim

CountFrylock

I noticed this too. 

Maybe [as]/WBD worked out some sort of advertising deal with CR? If CR is spending money to advertise on this network it probably means that they consider our market/viewers. Could be interesting if that is indeed true. Could open the door to new content on the Block that we might not have expected. 

CSM etc. may not be a pipe dream?

Interesting either way. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, atomicinumatt said:

I noticed this too. 

Maybe [as]/WBD worked out some sort of advertising deal with CR? If CR is spending money to advertise on this network it probably means that they consider our market/viewers. Could be interesting if that is indeed true. Could open the door to new content on the Block that we might not have expected. 

CSM etc. may not be a pipe dream?

Interesting either way. 

I think it’s more they are just trying to poach lingering Toonami exclusive viewers by showing there is a better way. Perhaps part of the agreement to air MHA was to start running CR ads. 

• Confused 1
  • D'oh 1

2 hours ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

I think it’s more they are just trying to poach lingering Toonami exclusive viewers by showing there is a better way. Perhaps part of the agreement to air MHA was to start running CR ads. 

I think that most people are aware of CR, they are one of the giants. Maybe there is some kind of deal between CR and Toonami? 

Who knows but I am still going to pray to the anime gods that we get something unexpected like CSM!

• Like 3

Crunchy knows there are viewers they can attract that are watching Adult Swim, it only makes sense to advertise there and AS is certainly not going to tell them they won’t take their ad-money.

It may or may not have anything to do with their deal to air MHA season 6 but it’s far from the first time CR ads have aired on Adult Swim.

• Thanks 7

45 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

I think that most people are aware of CR, they are one of the giants. Maybe there is some kind of deal between CR and Toonami? 

Who knows but I am still going to pray to the anime gods that we get something unexpected like CSM!

You’d be shocked at how many people are “Toonami only” in regards to anime. It seems impossible but there are genuinely people out there who don’t know about anime unless Toonami spoonfeeds it to them. 

Yea we have seen CR ads in the past, but this one started about the same time as MHA started. If CR wants us to believe they are actually changing their tune, some of those shows besides MHA will appear on the block soon as a form of cross promotion that actually benefits both sides. 

44 minutes ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

You’d be shocked at how many people are “Toonami only” in regards to anime. It seems impossible but there are genuinely people out there who don’t know about anime unless Toonami spoonfeeds it to them. 

Yea we have seen CR ads in the past, but this one started about the same time as MHA started. If CR wants us to believe they are actually changing their tune, some of those shows besides MHA will appear on the block soon as a form of cross promotion that actually benefits both sides. 

At this stage of the game, the idea of people being "Toonami only" when Netflix and Crunchyroll have collectively smashed their audience to nothingness is kind of shocking.

• Sad 1

I'm a rare kind where I actively seek out anime from beyond Toonami, but if an anime feels like it should be Toonami-bound, I purposefully avoid watching it, even if the likelihood of it making to the block is less than 1%. It's my own personal Toonami Jail, and starting with Chainsaw Man later this year/early next (don't even try to rush me), I hope to wean off of that crutch.

I still watch Toonami via what goes up on [as]'s website, though because hey, convenience is convenience.

• D'oh 1

2 hours ago, Sketch said:

Crunchy knows there are viewers they can attract that are watching Adult Swim, it only makes sense to advertise there and AS is certainly not going to tell them they won’t take their ad-money.

It may or may not have anything to do with their deal to air MHA season 6 but it’s far from the first time CR ads have aired on Adult Swim.

Right, like how sometimes a commercial for a streaming service's new show(s) will appear on a network that has its own streaming competitor. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

I'm a rare kind where I actively seek out anime from beyond Toonami, but if an anime feels like it should be Toonami-bound, I purposefully avoid watching it, even if the likelihood of it making to the block is less than 1%. It's my own personal Toonami Jail, and starting with Chainsaw Man later this year/early next (don't even try to rush me), I hope to wean off of that crutch.

I still watch Toonami via what goes up on [as]'s website, though because hey, convenience is convenience.

I do the same, but I do put a time limit on how long I will wait compared with opening slots on the block. For example, I have held off on Akudama Drive because Demarco specifically said he liked it a year or so ago. I’m thinking if we don’t see it take one of the 3 upcoming open slots (honestly i don’t expect it to) I’ll probably watch it on my own since it does look interesting. 

I’ll be doing the same for Chainsaw Man and Bleach, but I’ll probably be shrinking my wait window from what it used to be, cause I’m looking at some stuff on my “might be Toonami” list that’s been there way too long like JJK and Tokyo Revengers and realizing it’s been on there for years and I’m probably waiting for nothing. 

9 hours ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

They would have to be at least in their 50s or be literal boomers to not know about Crunchyroll.  Well, there was a Bosley Hair Club for Men commercial tonight hahaha.

7 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

I used to do that.  I'd hold off on watching shows if I thought they would end up on Toonami.  I ended up regretting it.  I kept expecting Toonami to get Fairy Tail and they never did.  But at least I was able to binge and catch up to watch the final season as it came out.  But what's funny, is I was about to watch SAO and JoJo on recommendations from a friend, then Toonami started airing them, haha.

19 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

They would have to be at least in their 50s or be literal boomers to not know about Crunchyroll.  Well, there was a Bosley Hair Club for Men commercial tonight hahaha.

I used to do that.  I'd hold off on watching shows if I thought they would end up on Toonami.  I ended up regretting it.  I kept expecting Toonami to get Fairy Tail and they never did.  But at least I was able to binge and catch up to watch the final season as it came out.  But what's funny, is I was about to watch SAO and JoJo on recommendations from a friend, then Toonami started airing them, haha.

i would have regretted it if i had decided to hold off on watching spy x family or chainsaw man in hopes that the block would air them....because chances are they wouldn't or at least not anytime soon

so many shows I'm watching right now on cr i just can't see coming to the block and i know I'd likely never get to watch them if i simply waited around for Gill Austin And His Crew to notice them

spy x family

chainsaw man

welcome to demon school iruma-kun

beast tamer

I'm The Villainess So I'm Taming The Final Boss

blue locke

10 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

i would have regretted it if i had decided to hold off on watching spy x family or chainsaw man in hopes that the block would air them....because chances are they wouldn't or at least not anytime soon

so many shows I'm watching right now on cr i just can't see coming to the block and i know I'd likely never get to watch them if i simply waited around for Gill Austin And His Crew to notice them

spy x family

chainsaw man

welcome to demon school iruma-kun

beast tamer

I'm The Villainess So I'm Taming The Final Boss

blue locke

Demarco did say a couple days ago that Chainsaw Man and Spy X Family are two of the most heavily requested shows for the block currently, so I’m sure they have been noticed. If they are attainable goals is another question. 

I would guess that among Toonami viewers there are fewer "Toonami only and no other anime" fans and a lot more "Toonami and then pirating from CR and Netflix, because fuck those guys" fans. If that's the case, the commercials are probably more to try and entice the holdouts to try CR and hopefully become paying subscribers instead of just alerting us that hey guys, did you know Crunchyroll is a thing that exists?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

Demarco did say a couple days ago that Chainsaw Man and Spy X Family are two of the most heavily requested shows for the block currently, so I’m sure they have been noticed. If they are attainable goals is another question. 

at this point if someone wants to watch chainsaw man/spy family  they are better off watching them now instead of waiting for toonami to make an announcement

9 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

at this point if someone wants to watch chainsaw man/spy family  they are better off watching them now instead of waiting for toonami to make an announcement

Eh, I’m not in a huge hurry. I’m gonna give them till February, that will give us a feel for how things will go in 2023. After that though, between obligations, originals, and their standard targets, there just isn’t enough flexibility left in the schedule for me to hold out on those shows. In the event they do come, I’ll have watched them in the spring and they show up summer/fall. 

2 minutes ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

Eh, I’m not in a huge hurry. I’m gonna give them till February, that will give us a feel for how things will go in 2023. After that though, between obligations, originals, and their standard targets, there just isn’t enough flexibility left in the schedule for me to hold out on those shows. In the event they do come, I’ll have watched them in the spring and they show up summer/fall. 

avoiding any shows i wanna watch for the small possibility they might air on toonami just doesn't make any sense to me

for too long i limited myself to just what toonami could acquire but once i subbed to cr...that all changed

I've been watching a lot more anime more often