UnevenEdge

Lupin the 3rd Part 6, Episode 24

Blatch

Don't mind me, just slipping in to steal the last discussion thread for this show. Kind of remarkable that we've now had three complete Lupin series air on Toonami after [as]'s first attempt at showing the franchise didn't do so hot. So, how do you think this one is gonna end? If Holmes shows up one more time, I'm gonna wild out.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

especially since they went to the trouble of bringing back Moriarty after his end-of-arc cameo.

Ooh, I loved that part. They didn't give him a major role in the plot, but it wasn't necessary. I just wanted some sort of payback after the abrupt shift in plot at the halfway point of the season. Holmes and Lily coming back also would've been cool, though I didn't have it in mind mostly because, well...

Spoiler

I've had this weird theory that Mathia is actually Lily after entering the witness-protection program, assuming that the two halves of Part VI are separated by a time skip. But Moriarty showing up last episode seemingly unchanged put a bullet in that theory. Either way, it's probably weird enough that the average viewer wouldn't believe it. I just thought they looked similar, one having a flower-themed name and the other working at a flower shop seemed connected, and then there was that part with Mathia regaining her memory that I thought may have rejiggered memories of her past life as opposed to anything relevant to the second half's plot. Who knows? Maybe it could still be true somehow, so I might as well put this down ahead of time.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

Personally, I'm a little annoyed Albert didn't show up more. I was also expecting at least a cameo from Sherlock and Lily last episode, especially since they went to the trouble of bringing back Moriarty after his end-of-arc cameo.

Yeah, would have been nice to see Sherlock and Lily one more time at the end of the season, and like you said, particularly with Moriarity showing up. Which reminds me, his cameo at the end of the arc makes me extra surprised that he had no role in the second half. Maybe the three of them will come back next season since Moriarity didn't really get used this season.

I've enjoyed the mysteries of this second storyline and its ties to Lupin, I'm just surprised the two storylines were totally separate, would have been cool to bring Sherlock and Lily in somewhere during the arc.

Edited by DangerMouse

LOL don't need to show you the box if you already know it's true.

Damn, two slaps from Fujiko didn't wake him up.  But now he's dodging. 

Wait, Lupin only pretended to he hypnotized?  Well, at least for a little bit.  Looks like he got woken up by getting shot and falling out the window.