UnevenEdge

Netflix makes deal with Nippon TV for older titles including Monster, Claymore, and Hajime no Ippo

Jman

1 hour ago, PokeNirvash said:

Was Monster ever legally streamed past what VIZ released of it, or were we out of luck unless we saved recordings of their dub's Ani-Mondays broadcast?

Dunno, but like a good crazy person I snagged Siren Visual's Australian DVD release of the whole series back when it was available.

1 minute ago, CaptainStarwind said:

Dunno either, but I have a full set of recording from Ani-Monday so at least my TV tip quota is filled.

Same here, though the portion I recorded on DVD-RW are incapable of playing outside the now-busted player on which I recorded them. And even then, the VHS tapes are in a closet at my parents' house - in case anyone needed reminding that I'm living on my own in an apartment now - so it's not like I have them in my direct possession.

I'm pretty stoked for Monster....I miiiiight be able to get my wife to watch that with me.

I remember buying the first box set of Viz DVDs from Best Buy like 12 year ago and then... :(

I ended up burning my own DVDs for the rest of the show but don't remember if I got dub or sub files.

On 8/29/2022 at 4:11 PM, PokeNirvash said:

Was Monster ever legally streamed past what VIZ released of it, or were we out of luck unless we saved recordings of their dub's Ani-Mondays broadcast?

iirc all of the episodes used to be on Hulu, and probably some other streaming site(s) but Hulu is the one I remember.

23 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

Same here, though the portion I recorded on DVD-RW are incapable of playing outside the now-busted player on which I recorded them. And even then, the VHS tapes are in a closet at my parents' house - in case anyone needed reminding that I'm living on my own in an apartment now - so it's not like I have them in my direct possession.

I was lucky enough to find rips online, after looking for quite a while.  Sadly, they're of lower quality and don't have commercials, but they're better than nothing...

On 9/8/2022 at 2:22 AM, StarPanda said:

Holy Crap Claymore, you guys remember the manga no okay just me. 

Remember when monster aired on the  sci-fi channel good times glad to see it stream somewhere 

I remember both of those!  Claymore manga was pretty good...I remember being disappointed by the ending but its been years so who knows.  I didn't have Sci-Fi channel at the time (university dorm cable didn't have it) but there was some program I can't remember that basically streamed live cable TV at fairly crappy resolution and I was able to watch it that way.  Good times...