UnevenEdge

Vic Mignogna loses his defamation trial appeal

matrixman124

I never cared much for this whole clown show, so I guess I'm happy that it's over... even though there's a chance it never will be. It feels like everything Vic has done has sucked air out of the room that could've gone toward making things better for other women affected by creeps in the dubbing industry. Granted, I don't know how bad things actually are, but I've heard some rumblings. Am I the only one who even remembers how all of this started, with Hazukari and all?

1 hour ago, Blatch said:

I never cared much for this whole clown show, so I guess I'm happy that it's over... even though there's a chance it never will be. It feels like everything Vic has done has sucked air out of the room that could've gone toward making things better for other women affected by creeps in the dubbing industry. Granted, I don't know how bad things actually are, but I've heard some rumblings. Am I the only one who even remembers how all of this started, with Hazukari and all?

There were rumblings about Vic being creepy around female con-goers for years and years. It wasn't until Rial and Marchi spoke up that Funimation rightly took action and fired him. I remember the firing being very polarizing since things were not as clear as they are now. And things just got worse and worse and worse from there. The Risembool Rangers will definitely still follow him and he will still talk shit about the case - he could go MAGA I suppose - but I am certain he's going to have to declare bankruptcy with how much he owes Rial and Marchi now. 

• 2 weeks later...

Vic appears to be a very delusional, possibly dumb man who didn't realize how he was acting for decades. He had a bunch of fans who managed to get him hyped up on the idea that he was a victim and couldn't be fired for decades of trying to bang underage girls. It was just that unfair cancel culture you see!

The only lawyer that would take his case was an idiot who proceeded to file a ridiculous claim of defamation with zero evidence. Being a dumb guy, Vic thought this was a sure win and was shocked to find out otherwise.

He's still got a fairly big fanbase of people that think this was just woke culture out cancel someone, but I doubt any major anime company will ever have anything to do with him again.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2022 at 8:11 PM, EmpressAngel said:

Nah, I can watch Vic and his cringey fans get dunked on about this endlessly. Catch me scrolling through twitter like a raccoon digging through a dumpster.

Same. Also I think since I've seen him with a string of underaged girls following him like a cult leader, I like seeing updates where he fucks himself over even more and has less power.