UnevenEdge

Samurai Jack Episode XCIII Premiere Discussion Thread

Haha, Aku keeps his flaming eyebrows in a nightstand drawer!

Aku faking not caring about Jack.  Talking to a therapist copy of himself! :D

Ah so sending Jack into the future itself caused him to not age.  I can see that.

Great now he's hallucinating himself suggesting suicide.

Oh hell the ninja girls are tearing Jack up!  Lost his bike, armor, weapons already!

Hello Zelda commercial with unfitting music.

Great, today we get our preview for the show even more EDGY than Akame Ga Kill.  I mean okay you gotta take One Piece off because of bad ratings.... BUT YOU GIVE US THIS INSTEAD?!

is it better than Anime: The Anime (AGK)?

The first season seemingly got pretty good impressions while the second season is pretty mixed since the original manga author made a new story for season 2 (I think there have been a few rumors for a third season too?).

Have only seen the first couple of episodes myself. Touka one of the main female characters seemed pretty cool.

Wow, flashes of light in the darkness as weapons clash against each other.  Awesome.

This battle is great.

Hmm, it's some kind of ancient mausoleum.

Forget killing someone without realizing they aren't a robot.... Jack may not get out of this alive!

It wasn't easy, but he beat one of them.  Annnd hell, Jack just realized they aren't machines.  Not good.

But Jack himself didn't come out of this unscathed.  Into the river and...

Why did the building explode?  Did the ninja girls do that?

Next week -  It seems Jack realizes they are people, but ultimately, he has to defend himself.  These girls have been brainwashed and trained since birth.  I don't see him getting through to any of them.

The animators did an amazing job on that battle and the music was soooo good.

That moment with the blood as he realized it was a real kill was depicted really well.

So it looked the one he killed was the one that was featured in episode 1 (the possibly nicer one).

Wasn't the nicer one the one with the "Ilana hairstyle"?  So I don't think it was her that got killed.

Wow, flashes of light in the darkness as weapons clash against each other.  Awesome.

This battle is great.

Hmm, it's some kind of ancient mausoleum.

Forget killing someone without realizing they aren't a robot.... Jack may not get out of this alive!

It wasn't easy, but he beat one of them.  Annnd hell, Jack just realized they aren't machines.  Not good.

But Jack himself didn't come out of this unscathed.  Into the river and...

Why did the building explode?  Did the ninja girls do that?

Next week -  It seems Jack realizes they are people, but ultimately, he has to defend himself.  These girls have been brainwashed and trained since birth.  I don't see him getting through to any of them.

The tuning fork/sword he took from the robot last ep. He started hitting all the walls with it.

Yeah those are the TOM 2 era pipe bumps. I think they did a Facebook vote on the Toonami official Facebook page asking which logo and era of bumps should air for tonight since yesterday was the 20th anniversary of Toonami's first broadcast.

I just think they should have left the normal bumps in. Those TOM 2 bumps look really stupid with the current Toonami imo.

Im really happy at how this season is already starting

this second episode

him killing that assassin definitely messed with him since it was always robots who came after him

I had thought Jack would be so broken on the realization that he killed a human, he'd stop what he's doing and scream right there. But no he still kept his composure, stole her knife, ran out of there, and blew it up behind him!  Save the mourning for later!

I had thought Jack would be so broken on the realization that he killed a human, he'd stop what he's doing and scream right there. But no he still kept his composure, stole her knife, ran out of there, and blew it up behind him!  Save the mourning for later!

tbh, being a Samurai, Jack has most likely been prepared for the day he'd have to kill another human from the start

Can we talk about the meta nature of Jack only being allowed to kill robots was expertly handled?

No one bats an eye at the robots, the censors nor the narrative.  But then he finds out he killed a human.  An actual living human.  And at once, Jack's conscience and the expectations of the audience are challenged.  Because blood isn't mature, the consequences of spilling it are.