UnevenEdge

Mob Psycho 100 III to stream globally in October 2022

Jman

Watching directly on the site with UBlock Origin activated, though I only ever used that method for Flowers of Evil. Password-sharing is what I use to watch stuff off my sister's Netflix account. (Until they lock me out for using the service from an 80+ mile distance, that is.)

Edited by PokeNirvash
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, MasqueradeOverture said:

I'm not sure why crunchyroll was always so difficult to work with...even under WM

what the hell did they have against mob psycho 100 S2 airing on toonami?

On 5/12/2022 at 12:45 PM, MasqueradeOverture said:

Well that sucks.  I wonder why Crunchyroll doesn't want to cooperate with Toonami.

I still haven't watched season 2.  But there's really no point in waiting.  Maybe I will watch it at some point on my own time, if I remember.

On 5/12/2022 at 4:18 PM, PokeNirvash said:

Crunchyroll are idiots and I hate them. Thank god I lucked into a way to watch their shows in high definition without an account.

I'm still stubbornly holding on to my Funimation Now account.  I'm not happy about this merger at all.

It's always been a bit puzzling why Crunchyroll seemingly doesn't want to lend shows to Toonami. The people that founded Crunchyroll and various staff have sung the praises of Toonami but it looks more and more like Crunchyroll wouldn't have partnered with Toonami if not for AT&T buying Time Warner. Time Warner was notorious for its lack of synergy, so while it made no freak'n sense that Warner's DC content was out of Adult Swim's reach it became the expectation when DeMarco made it clear they couldn't afford Young Justice or older DC series. Likewise, Crunchyroll even under WarnerMedia didn't want to do Toonami a solid unless it was a co-production that both Adult Swim and Crunchyroll helped fund. But it's somehow an entirely different story in Latin America where Crunchyroll continues to provide programming for the small nightly Toonami block over there. On the WarnerMedia side they wanted to make use of the Crunchyroll catalog for HBO Max and that may or may not have kept those shows off of Toonami. Warner could have really done Toonami a solid and let them run Harley Quinn season 2 instead of Primal reruns but that clearly didn't happen.

It's not as if FUNimation hasn't played hard ball from time to time but I was really hoping that the merger with Crunchyroll would mean more CR titles would be on the table. Thus far it looks like the opposite has occurred. However, that might not be the sole or even primary reason for the drought in new content right now. The real issue could very well be Toonami's acquisition budget getting even tighter but on the other hand, I don't think they would have turned to double One Piece if money was the primary reason why they couldn't get shows from the FUNimation catalog right now. Whether its a lack of budget or a lack of viable options, things aren't looking great right now.

All that said, I do think they will replace Ass Class with new content in June but I don't think they'll add more than 2 or 3 more acquisitions this year.

And regarding Mob, I think I'll finally stop putting off watching season 2. I hear it's better than the first season but up until now I've lacked the motivation to watch it at my leisure because I didn't watch the simulcast when it was the talk of the town.

• Thanks 4

Maybe Harley Quinn Season 2 was too hot for Midnight? Then again, Season 1 DID began at 10:30 when it marathonned.

If they ever DO get to make HQ a mainstay on the block, it should not start with Season 2, but Season 1 episode 13. It's a travesty that Toonami STILL hasn't gotten to air that, nor the last 2 episodes of Ballmastrz 9009!

17 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

I'm Sure the toonami crowd would love chainsaw man so that really does suck

Yeah but not only would it be sliced to ribbons, the dub wouldn’t be available for months on streaming services.

3 hours ago, Sketch said:

More “wonderful” news… Crunchyroll got Chainsaw Man. Well, at least it didn’t go to Netflix but it’s still very unlikely that it will air on Toonami.

I mean there was a snowball's chance in hell that we'd get something that ridiculously high-profile.

7 hours ago, Jman said:

Yeah but not only would it be sliced to ribbons, the dub wouldn’t be available for months on streaming services.

You still think graphic violence is that much of a concern to Turner S&P? We managed to air Hellsing Ultimate, for fuck's sake, I doubt Chainsaw Man's adaptation will be as explicit with its violence, especially with it being the exact opposite of an OVA.

Unless you're talking about the weirdly sexual stuff, in which case I totally understand.

Edited by PokeNirvash
  • Like 1