UnevenEdge

I tried making friends today in a Barnes and Noble.

-Ninja_Jesus-

16 hours ago, Vamped said:

I miss fucking around in a bookstore for hours XD

Waldenbooks, Borders, Bretanos 

.... I didn't really go to Barnes and Noble as much. 

Used to work there. Won't set foot in one now. Jesus, the flashbacks. Those people made me hate bookstores.

Just now, JehutyNinja said:

Yes! It was odd hearing the English voice actors but I was pretty happy with the pacing and I'm looking forward to more.

I started watching it in dub so I went to see the dubbed version. 

They only had one dubbed screening and 2 subbed here so maybe the subbed is more popular? I can't go back and forth between the two. 

38 minutes ago, Vamped said:

I started watching it in dub so I went to see the dubbed version. 

They only had one dubbed screening and 2 subbed here so maybe the subbed is more popular? I can't go back and forth between the two. 

I just didn't want to read subs in the theater and miss something, considering how chaotic the dialogue can get. I think we had a subbed and dubbed theater.

I was impatient and I couldn't wait for the show to be translated, I did the same with Demon Slayer, it was really odd hearing their English voice actors in theaters for Mugen Train

Within the last couple years, I had an hour long philosophical conversation about fiction with an EMT at the manga section. It was kind of an odd, refreshing experience and felt great to recommend some good ones by the end. 

Ages ago, I also met some crazy pro-life kid in the biographical section who went on a rant about Roger Waters’ political views after I told him I liked Pink Floyd. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I do have to say this as a warning of sorts.

Many many many moons ago, I came home from work [ this was a previous job and I lived with a couple of college friends ] and announced 'who wants to go on a pity date?' because one of my co-workers had a friend who absolutely sucked at dating apps. Super nice dude but I'm not the dating type so I wasn't about to take anything for any team. One of them said sure, why not. We decided that B&N was the best place for the initial meet-up since it was a public place, all three of us liked books, and it would give me something to do while they hung out in the cafe [ because yes, I was the chaperon and the excuse if she needed an out ] . 

They've been married for I don't know how long now and it all started out with a pity date at B&N. 

And you better believe I told that story at their reception. :D:D:D 

• Like 3

I actually don't know where a B&N is around here .... there's a Books-A-Million in MS.

I miiiiight go see what they got in there. I don't know if I can carve out the time to get back into Manga but the prospect of fighting an old lady over a copy of JUJUTSU KAISEN is promising 

I don't know why my phone autocorrected that in bold but whatever 

3 minutes ago, Vamped said:

I miiiiight go see what they got in there. I don't know if I can carve out the time to get back into Manga but the prospect of fighting an old lady over a copy of JUJUTSU KAISEN is promising 

Just fair warning.

I fight dirty when books are involved.

See the source image