UnevenEdge

Made in Abyss, Episode 9

Blatch

Our trip through the depths continues, as Reg and Riko find themselves at the lip of the Abyss's third layer, where a big vertical drop awaits them. How can they even get down? Find out at 1:30A on Toonami, just before we jump ahead an hour due to Daylight Saving Time. As a bonus, I'm going to try and pop into this forum (not just this thread, but Shenmue and maybe Cosmo Samurai too) and discuss the shows live.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Blatch said:

Our trip through the depths continues, as Reg and Riko find themselves at the lip of the Abyss's third layer, where a big vertical drop awaits them. How can they even get down? Find out at 1:30A on Toonami, just before we jump ahead an hour due to Daylight Saving Time. As a bonus, I'm going to try and pop into this forum (not just this thread, but Shenmue and maybe Cosmo Samurai too) and discuss the shows live.

The question just might be "how far do Reg's robot arms stretch, anyway!?"

And we open on Marulk's scene. What a good kid. On to the third layer, where it turns out there are lots of holes.

Meanwhile, more exposition courtesy of the kids on the surface. I don't mind these scenes, of only because they give the neglected characters (and their VAs) something to do.

• Like 1

That wrecked ship embedded into the wall is the Abyss is so cool, and yet the show treats it like a throwaway scene. Oh, and to add to that, a tension-filled chase with the splitjaw. Reg's out cold, but I think Riko will manage.

• Like 2