UnevenEdge

Made in Abyss, Episode 9

Blatch

Just now, saito34 said:

One of the big components of this show seems to be the constantly changing, distinctly beautiful environments and I absolutely love it. It's a lot like playing a great video game and experiencing a new level.

Yeah.Ā  The amount of creativity is crazy.Ā  And I said earlier this would've made for a great videogame.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Yeah.Ā  The amount of creativity is crazy.Ā  And I said earlier this would've made for a great videogame.

It's gorgeous and definitely has a ready made blueprint for a game. Looking forward to a rewatch just to get a better look at everything.

Edited by saito34
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, saito34 said:

One of the big components of this show seems to be the constantly changing, distinctly beautiful environments and I absolutely love it. It's a lot like playing a great video game and experiencing a new level.

Part of me wishes they could stay on each layer for longer, but then again, I think this show's pacing is just exactly perfect.

Spoiler

I mean, Reg and Riko do remain on this next layer for the rest of the season, so fair is fair.

On the other hand, this series is getting a video game! It's an RPG that's supposed to come out later this year. There's some more info on it here, but be careful if you're spoilerphobic because it has a key visual for the second season, on top of a tease for the current one.

One extra aside: I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone talk about madokajacks in the context of Madoka Magica on Toonami. Yeah, it's a blatant reference, but that joke would've killed in the block's glory days (2014-16).

Edited by Blatch
One word.

7 minutes ago, Blatch said:

Part of me wishes they could stay on each layer for longer, but then again, I think this show's pacing is just exactly perfect.

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

I mean, Reg and Riko do remain on this next layer for the rest of the season, so fair is fair.

On the other hand, this series is getting a video game! It's an RPG that's supposed to come out later this year. There's some more info on it here, but be careful if you're spoilerphobic because it has a key visual for the second season, on top of a tease for the current one.

One extra aside: I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone talk about madokajacks in the context of Madoka Magica on Toonami. Yeah, it's a blatant reference, but that joke would've killed in the block's glory days (2014-16).

Wow that is awesome to hear the show is getting a videogame!Ā  Hmm looks like I gotta wait a while to check that out, though.

Are you sure that's a reference?Ā  Lots of these creatures have random sounding names, and I can't think of anything this creature has in common with Madika Magica.

4 minutes ago, Blatch said:

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

I agree, the pacing imo is honestly perfect so far, but I wouldnt mind sticking around a little longer in each environment. I feel like if you had enough time you could dedicate an entire arc to each section. That's how interesting they are to me.

I will keep an eye for that game for that art alone, but I'm more of a pixel art, 2.5D fan. If the game is in 3D on PS5 and the environments look incredible I'd be all over it though.

• Like 1