UnevenEdge

My dream my REAL dream my arc

Poof

I think, prior to this moment, people have reserved that phrase for empires or deities.

Nothing whose "glory" is tied to a carousel or any other children's ride...and even then, they where full of shit.

Why tie your dreams to this place?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, That_One_Guy said:

I once won a comedy competition in Youngstown and an old man told me a very racist joke and gave me a knife afterwards. 

woah, same thing happened to me.

Only difference is the old man won the comedy competition and afterward I told him the racist joke.

He did give me a knife though. Well he stabbed me and I wrestled the knife away from him, but he never came back for it, so that's basically giving it to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Mix said:

I think, prior to this moment, people have reserved that phrase for empires or deities.

Nothing whose "glory" is tied to a carousel or any other children's ride...and even then, they where full of shit.

Why tie your dreams to this place?

I was born of this land. One day it will be my empire. When the War comes, I will unite the Western Reserve under my banner, move the capital from Cleveland to Youngstown, and rule everything from here to The Firelands as Poet-Queen.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, That_One_Guy said:

I once won a comedy competition in Youngstown and an old man told me a very racist joke and gave me a knife afterwards. 

ah yes, the Gifting of Blades. It's an honor ritual in the Mahoning Valley

the racist part is unfortunate tho

16 hours ago, Seight said:

Unrelated but Youngstown State has a top tier college mascot IMO

Youngstown State Penguins on Yahoo! Sports - News, Scores, Standings,  Rumors, Fantasy Games

he's painted on all the campus fire hydrants

abd72c0d-41c6-42e7-af93-8ee5289baca6-d.j

Stambaugh-Stadium-Penguin-Painted-Fire-H

8830d2e7-17eb-4c97-99f1-e7edd86798a1-l.j

9a062d1bd795792f626fb0e89bdbc11b.jpg

It's really a safety feature w/the campus being in the middle of the city. So if you're a student and you see a fire hydrant that's not a penguin, you know you've gone too far and are now in danger.

• Like 1

Are you going to be holding a great sword in one hand raised over your head while a small but deadly troop of loyal mercenaries from all walks of life stand behind you waiting for you to shout "For the glory of Youngstown" as a battle cry before they head into what would seem to be a suicide mission but they overcome all obstacles at the end?

I call the role of obnoxious jester/bard who trips into battle and through pure clumsiness causes his opponents to kill each other, like pratfalling through crossbow bolts fired from opposite sides making the archers shoot each other.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Poof said:

I was born of this land. One day it will be my empire. When the War comes, I will unite the Western Reserve under my banner, move the capital from Cleveland to Youngstown, and rule everything from here to The Firelands as Poet-Queen.

dope

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GuyBeardmane said:

Are you going to be holding a great sword in one hand raised over your head while a small but deadly troop of loyal mercenaries from all walks of life stand behind you waiting for you to shout "For the glory of Youngstown" as a battle cry before they head into what would seem to be a suicide mission but they overcome all obstacles at the end?

I call the role of obnoxious jester/bard who trips into battle and through pure clumsiness causes his opponents to kill each other, like pratfalling through crossbow bolts fired from opposite sides making the archers shoot each other.

I was thinking an amphibious assault...

Spoiler

download-27.gif

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2022 at 11:27 AM, Poof said:

It won’t be long now…