UnevenEdge

Cowboy Bebop HD 2022 Rerun Discussion

I love how all the screen caps are essentially things the Netflix adapation couldn't get right because of the medium difference, or wouldn't show because the show needed to be Current Year and Danielle Pineda is a goddamn hack.  That's why the anime will remain a classic and the Neflix show the biggest disaster since the LA Death Note.

• Like 1

One more thing because I have the day free and I'm a bit bored -

A lot of "quippier" properties have taken considerable influence from Bebop over the years, most notably Guardians of the Galaxy.  (Yeah, I said it, MCU Guardians and by extension the Guardians from that pretty cool PS5 game are essentially the Bebop crew with more talking racoons).  But Bebop is actually pretty good at knowing when people should talk and when they shouldn't, presumably because Watanabe wasn't out of the Joss Whedon school of NO ONE TALKS LIKE THAT!  

It's why the Bebop LA adaptation sucked so much, because they tried to be too quippy, when they should have leaned into the noir stylings way more.  That doesn't mean make every episode super serial, but it does mean talk like normal people, because the team that influenced the Guardians shouldn't come off like a third-rate ripoff of them.

Edited by Jman