UnevenEdge

jason demarco comments on 1/8 schedule

CountFrylock

20 hours ago, Jman said:

Tiger Mask W kicked ass and I’ll just sit here stewing over the fact that the review of it Wrestling with Wregret put up was taken down.

And hey, AEW is popular.  It’s also cheap programming.  Of course, my suggestion was freaking Peacemaker so who am I to talk?

that joke was never funny so please stop shoving That Peacemaker crap down our throats whenever talking about the schedule....you don't really want that on the schedule

you are just saying that to be silly and weird...

as for aew on toonami....no that would be as stupid as when Cartoon network went through the CN Real Phase

• Confused 1
  • D'oh 1

To the people saying wrestling on Toonami/AS sounds crazy -- Turner would be crazy to not want to do more of this sort of cross-promotion, IMO. Rick and Morty ring introductions, Steve Blum on commentary. This could be some good shit.  

Edited by Nabreezy
  • Like 1

This must be a record for the shortest amount of time before an official schedule announcement. Looks like they're banking on people coming out for AssClass S2 and watching, or at least tolerating, everything coming on after.

On 1/3/2022 at 4:32 PM, Top Gun said:

Unless Toonami is attempting to cater to 12-year-old rednecks I'm not sure why it would even entertain the idea of wrestling content.

I mean, I've never been invested in wrestling myself and probably never will be, but there is an overlap. A lot of the anime fans I've followed on Twitter over the years have been into wrestling too. It probably helps that Japan has a very long and storied history of the profession themselves.

[bushimo]

• Thanks 3

44 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Yeah maybe. But my DVR will be ALL SCREWED UP!

everyone's DVR will be screwed up.....I Don't get what the hold up is

either they announce something else or they don't....i can't think of any shows that would be giving them so much trouble that it would be another last minute decision

We Know they aren't getting DS S2 for a long time(if ever)and AOT Final Season Part 2 isn't coming this saturday

so what could it be?

8 hours ago, Blatch said:

This must be a record for the shortest amount of time before an official schedule announcement

It is. The previous record was the schedule for July 20, 2019, announced at 5:55 pm on the 16th, Tuesday afternoon. The rerun of Dragon Ball Super last September was revealed on the .com schedule when it normally updated at 5:05 am Tuesday morning.

Past 11 pm Wednesday night right now.

And now it’s past 2pm EST on Thursday and still nothing. I can’t imagine they will hold off till Friday but then again I was pretty confident they would post by Wednesday.

Edit: it is now past 4pm EST

Edit: it is now past 6pm EST

Edited by Sketch

20 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

Oh, I can think of several. Mob Psycho 100 II, Megalobox 2: Nomad, maybe Tokyo Ghoul:re, if Demarco's that desperate for content.

Tokyo Ghoul isn't a bad aim at all, especially if they are in need of new shows that already had a previous season's run on the block. It would still be a new show with a history, something that Netflux doesn't currently appear to have a hairy eye on, and it's 24 episodes so it's a decent length but that's the end of it. It would give them time to shore up whatever other things are still in the air without them necessarily having to do a sudden weird marathon in the middle of a month just to stretch things out. I wouldn't mind seeing :Re. I read the books, I like seeing how things are changed and how they stay the same in adaptations. 

Mob Psycho is also one I look forward to seeing return even though I can [ and still might ] binge it online. 

2 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Well, wrestling and Shonen anime are both male soap operas.  But it still makes little sense to put wrestling on Toonami, even with the similarities and fan overlap.

Not on Toonami, not unless it were some kind of crossover show!

but Adult Swim leading in to Toonami? That could work.

On 1/4/2022 at 6:21 PM, CountFrylock said:

that joke was never funny so please stop shoving That Peacemaker crap down our throats whenever talking about the schedule....you don't really want that on the schedule

you are just saying that to be silly and weird...

as for aew on toonami....no that would be as stupid as when Cartoon network went through the CN Real Phase

Cartoon Network has been airing LA stuff for decades, and Toonami has aired live action movies before.  Yeah, I was joking, especially now that they have stuff, but sometimes you need to be creative with getting peoples attention on the block.

Besides, the show has a better opening than Ass Class did.