UnevenEdge

black lotus takes a break on christmas but returns on new years day

CountFrylock

If they're going to lead with Black Lotus on New Year's Day, I hope that they make a big deal out of it. At first, I was afraid that they might not have enough money for something new even after the new year, since the yearly budget doesn't reset on January 1. But given that they had shows lined up they weren't able to get, I assume that kerfuffle didn't take up any money. Either way, we'll see.

You know, when the live-action Bebop got cancelled, I was wondering if Netflix would decide their rights to the anime were worthless and give it back to [as]. I certainly didn't expect it to happen this soon! Good for [as]. I bet they'll be airing a promo where TOM acts all smug about getting it back... back to where it truly belongs.

Otherwise, this is nothing out of the ordinary. Though if the fact that they're airing two marathons of the same show in one month ain't a sign that they've got nothing, I don't know what is. They could've at least scheduled another Fena marathon, or maybe more DC movies. Now all eyes are on January 8, where we're going to be hoping against hope that they finally have something cool and new to air. If they manage to stall yet again, that's probably going to be the moment where most fans of the block start to lose their patience, which is the thing CountFrylock thinks is already happening.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Blatch said:

You know, when the live-action Bebop got cancelled, I was wondering if Netflix would decide their rights to the anime were worthless and give it back to [as]. I certainly didn't expect it to happen this soon! Good for [as]. I bet they'll be airing a promo where TOM acts all smug about getting it back... back to where it truly belongs.

Otherwise, this is nothing out of the ordinary. Though if the fact that they're airing two marathons of the same show in one month ain't a sign that they've got nothing, I don't know what is. They could've at least scheduled another Fena marathon, or maybe more DC movies. Now all eyes are on January 8, where we're going to be hoping against hope that they finally have something cool and new to air. If they manage to stall yet again, that's probably going to be the moment where most fans of the block start to lose their patience, which is the thing CountFrylock thinks is already happening.

I'm pretty sure they either never lost the rights OR they did renew it a while ago. Netflix never had it exclusively. I'm here for TOM ribbing on Netflix though, that would be classic TOM.

So I wasn't expecting new shows for 1/1 but it's pretty obvious that if YashaHime episode 24 aired like intended then 1/1 would have just been Black Lotus and a Bebop marathon (maybe finishing with DBS, who knows?)

This Christmas schedule though? It's just laughable how much they're marathoning Black Lotus. Did they seriously have no other options? Can't do a marathon of MHA? We KNOW they can rerun Shippuden episodes and it's never gotten a marathon. I'd even take a DBS marathon over even more Black Lotus reruns. They are bound and determined to make their regular viewers sick of that show.

So they had better bring it on 1/8/2021 and preferably announce the shows for those before Christmas.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EmpressAngel said:

This absolutely just feels like kicking Netflix when they're down and I am 100% here for it.

It’s their own fault for writing this shit -

1j8kxraeg8181.jpg

Spend the whole marathon shitting on the entire cast.  Call Danielle Pineda a dumb fuck every 15 minutes.  They wrote that line, nothing that is said can make up for that.

• Haha 2

I know everyone's making jokes about TOM lording the real Bebop over the red-headed stepchild live-action adaptation like he did Naruto over Jake Long back in the day, but is it wrong that my first thought when seeing the schedule was, "oh neat, they're airing something from classic Sunrise after modern Sunrise!"?

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

I know everyone's making jokes about TOM lording the real Bebop over the red-headed stepchild live-action adaptation like he did Naruto over Jake Long back in the day, but is it wrong that my first thought when seeing the schedule was, "oh neat, they're airing something from classic Sunrise after modern Sunrise!"?

The thought never crossed my mind but that is kind of neat.

• Thanks 1

More from DeMarco

So they have things and have had them for a while (one can wonder if they were ready to air a week or two ago but I guess we'll never know).

What happened in the last few months is unprecedented and they may have to try some new things going forward to avoid a repeat of the past few months.

Well I sure hope they get creative because it sounds like they're going to have to.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Jman said:

Spend the whole marathon shitting on the entire cast.  Call Danielle Pineda a dumb fuck every 15 minutes.  They wrote that line, nothing that is said can make up for that.

Come on, don't blame the cast for this. Fucking Meryl Streep couldn't make that dialogue sound halfway decent.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, EmpressAngel said:

Come on, don't blame the cast for this. Fucking Meryl Streep couldn't make that dialogue sound halfway decent.

I fully blame the writing and the director.

But after the guy who played Gren said they were “righting the wrongs” of the anime, as if Bebop was just trash weebshit and its fans ignorant until the enlightened elites of Hollywood came along, they can go fuck a garbage disposal too.

Edited by Jman

9 minutes ago, Jman said:

I fully blame the writing and the director.

But after the guy who played Gren said they were “righting the wrongs” of the anime, as if Bebop was just trash weebshit and its fans ignorant until the enlightened elites of Hollywood came along, they can go fuck a garbage disposal too.

Geez Jman that's not what the actor of Gren actually said. Mason was talking about a right the wrongs of representation in other things, not Cowboy Bebop. If you read the article you will see the context of the quote that the writer used in the wrong context.

• Thanks 3

That would be absolutely hi-f*ckin'-larious if they had Tom say "Welcome to the Ouch, Netflix! We've got a marathon of Cowboy Bebop, coming up next!!"

But on a serious note, which 6 episodes do you think they're gonna play? I think it would be great if they focused on the episodes Netflix botched the most in their 5%-assed live action adaptation!!

From what I'm reading, that would be Jupiter Jazz. Guess we'll see that, since Netflix apparently made "Jupiter Jizz!"

Edited by OwlChemist81

7 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

That would be absolutely hi-f*ckin'-larious if they had Tom say "Welcome to the Ouch, Netflix! We've got a marathon of Cowboy Bebop, coming up next!!"

But on a serious note, which 6 episodes do you think they're gonna play? I think it would be great if they focused on the episodes Netflix botched the most in their 5%-assed live action adaptation!!

From what I'm reading, that would be Jupiter Jazz. Guess we'll see that, since Netflix apparently made "Jupiter Jizz!"

Normally I would just suggest as many from the Best Sessions DVD playlist as they can fit, but I prefer “all the episodes Netflix fucked up” TBH.