UnevenEdge

Should toonami be airing cartoons from around the world?

CountFrylock

9 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

Saw someone on twitter brought up the idea that toonami should air cartoons from all over the globe like England and Belgium instead of mostly Japan and maybe some American stuff thrown in as an hbo max promo but do you agree?

I mean sure, if it was actually good? But I have a feeling most of their stuff is Wulin warrior quality. If Belgium has created the next Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles then sure bring it to the US.

It's like asking why we don't air Chinese anime, which basically copies the Japanese anime style. It's because they're not very good at it.

4 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

That was ridiculously awesome, but unfortunately the same bastards who stole JoJo from Toonami, Netflix, have this awesomeness under lockdown.

Man, I need to get Netflix, at long last!

It is ridiculously awesome. The show rules.

I was only really responding to the part about Chinese cartoons not being very good. It seems they're starting to get a hang of it. Not meant to be a Toonami suggestion given it's been taken, and probably too niche for the modern Toonami incarnation.

2 hours ago, Chapinator_X said:

There are plenty of great cartoons from France that would fit perfectly on the block. 

Lastman was awesome and the dub (VRV version] is one of the best I've heard.

I hear Wakfu is good as well, but the animation style is a bit distracting for me.

I probably should try more French cartoons. There have been a few really good ones I've come across.

Edited by naraku360

8 hours ago, naraku360 said:

Lastman was awesome and the dub (VRV version] is one of the best I've heard.

I hear Wakfu is good as well, but the animation style is a bit distracting for me.

I probably should try more French cartoons. There have been a few really good ones I've come across.

LASTMAN freak'n rules

I'm all for Toonami airing animated series from other countries.

LINK CLICK is a banger and I hope FUNimation will dub it.