UnevenEdge

Jason Demarco responds to comments about the BRBL Marathon

CountFrylock

1 minute ago, PokeNirvash said:

So is this a case where the shows were wants they made arrangements to air, broadcast licenses and everything, but they couldn't get the materials ready in time?

Or one where the shows were planned to be licensed but circumstances prevented such a thing from playing out?

[context is key]

That's something Jason Demarco will not tell us...all he can tell us is

• Like 1

Easy money one of those shows is Demon Slayer season 2 and they thought a dub would be ready by now. Beyond that though? Business bullshit rears its ugly head again it would seem.

It's reassuring that stuff IS coming because heck if the block doesn't look like its got a foot in the grave.

I totally believed they simply ran out of budget or had to conserve some for the start of 2022 but if that isn't the case then maybe Toonami will be able to get back to six premieres once Attack on Titan returns early in 2022. I don't even mind if they drop to 5 premieres and could honestly stomach just 4 if two of the slots rotated shows every 3 months or so but I don't think they have intentions of scaling back that much and this lull isn't a sign that they will be losing time slots in 2022.

I would sure appreciate it if they would announce some shows that are coming but I suppose they can't do that until they deal with whatever is holding those shows back. But seriously it would really help morale if they would drop an announcement for an upcoming show tomorrow or Friday, they aren't strangers to making announcements on Facebook on or right after a holiday.

• Like 4

If I were DeMarco I would beg for more DC animated movies.  That or just say “Screw it” and ask to premiere Peacemaker a few weeks after the HBO Max airing.  

They need new material from somewhere, and that DC well is pretty much all they have between them and endless reruns.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sketch said:

Easy money one of those shows is Demon Slayer season 2 and they thought a dub would be ready by now. Beyond that though? Business bullshit rears its ugly head again it would seem.

It's reassuring that stuff IS coming because heck if the block doesn't look like its got a foot in the grave.

I totally believed they simply ran out of budget or had to conserve some for the start of 2022 but if that isn't the case then maybe Toonami will be able to get back to six premieres once Attack on Titan returns early in 2022. I don't even mind if they drop to 5 premieres and could honestly stomach just 4 if two of the slots rotated shows every 3 months or so but I don't think they have intentions of scaling back that much and this lull isn't a sign that they will be losing time slots in 2022.

I would sure appreciate it if they would announce some shows that are coming but I suppose they can't do that until they deal with whatever is holding those shows back. But seriously it would really help morale if they would drop an announcement for an upcoming show tomorrow or Friday, they aren't strangers to making announcements on Facebook on or right after a holiday.

I Agree right now an announcement would really help morale and keep the vibe from getting too negative especially since a month of marathons with no news until January will likely result in the typical crazy fan theories

Edited by CountFrylock
  • Like 1

I’m trying to figure out what they can get on their thimble budget with still friendly people.  Shenmue is coming, and I presume DeMarco is doing everything in his power to keep Demon Slayer S2 off Netflix for as long as he can.  What else?  Gen:Lock season 2 is shit (and would require more edits) and the other Shounen are ready when they’re ready.

How about Eighty Six?

I actually like Yashahime, but if they had gotten anyone other than Alucard-mode Crispin Freeman to play Kirinmaru, it would probably suck.

Erica Mendez as Towa and Kira Buckland as Setsuna are pretty cool too. Morgan Berry as Moroha as well. And of course it's great having David Kaye back as Sesshomaru. So, while there ARE exceptions (RIP Kirby Morrow), I'd say the voice cast saves Yashahime.

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ginguy said:

Get Batman Killing Joke and air the Red Dragon episodes of Cowboy Bebop with TOM trolling Netflix for their fail.

That should work for the holidays, and then pick up in the new year with the new programming. EZ EZ

We would have seen a Bebop extravaganza this week most likely…but Netflix has those over the air rights in a presumed preventive effort.

7 hours ago, Jman said:

Apparently it wasn’t so cut and dry.  I believe Sketch explained it that they had the SD rights, but not the HD.  

I said they have the streaming rights not the TV rights, or so it would seem. They are streaming the HD version with the piss poor cut of Tank.

On 11/25/2021 at 8:45 PM, OwlChemist81 said:

I actually like Yashahime, but if they had gotten anyone other than Alucard-mode Crispin Freeman to play Kirinmaru, it would probably suck.

Erica Mendez as Towa and Kira Buckland as Setsuna are pretty cool too. Morgan Berry as Moroha as well. And of course it's great having David Kaye back as Sesshomaru. So, while there ARE exceptions (RIP Kirby Morrow), I'd say the voice cast saves Yashahime.

Yeah we sure are glad it doesn't suck!

Current Mal rank, 5024

Even Dimension W came in at 2895. How pointless a cash grab does a show need to be before you just admit it should never have existed?

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, Daos said:

Yeah we sure are glad it doesn't suck!

Current Mal rank, 5024

Even Dimension W came in at 2895. How pointless a cash grab does a show need to be before you just admit it should never have existed?

I'm really not going to base my opinions of a show on ratings and rankings off a website.

On 11/24/2021 at 5:33 PM, CountFrylock said:

On 11/24/2021 at 6:13 PM, CountFrylock said:

That's something Jason Demarco will not tell us...all he can tell us is

Well, that means not all hope is lost after all!

I sure do hope they announce something as soon as possible though!  Don't wait to "surprise" for next year once you finally get a deal signed, Demarco!

But man, I wish I knew what happened.  I know he can't discuss it, but still.

5 hours ago, Jman said:

Apparently there’s a French Toonami block, as in, a Toonami on a French TV station.  And they air All Elite Wrestling.

Maybe that’s DeMarco’s nuclear option.

They can get Jason DeMarco and Gill Austin to be the announcers on a new AEW/Toonami crossover show which alternates in-ring action with previews of upcoming Toonami shows!

AEW: Toonami Pre-Flight!

[LMAO]

8 hours ago, Jman said:

Apparently there’s a French Toonami block, as in, a Toonami on a French TV station.  And they air All Elite Wrestling.

Maybe that’s DeMarco’s nuclear option.

Last time I checked, Toonami France is a channel. They have an Adult Swim block on a Toonami channel. What kind of alternate universe are they living in?

Edited by Sketch
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2