UnevenEdge

Yelling "yabba dabba doo" at a rickshaw driver

Mix

1) It shouldn't be racist, so why does it seem like it could be? 

2) Is there any way this is an original idea?

3) Are the optics better or worse if you pay the rickshaw driver to yell it while he takes you somewhere?

4) Why did they not use dinosaurs to power the cars like they did every other thing on that show?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1)  Because Fred Flintstone is an avatar of the mid century white juggernaut who disguised his profoundly racist and misogynistic attitudes behind a common man mystique.

2)  This is absolutely a Mix original.

3)  Better because you're sharing your immense white man wealth in a way that is both jovial and whimsical.

4)  See Sponge's thread about the Dinosaurs reboot.

• Like 1
  • D'oh 1

17 hours ago, Mix said:

1) It shouldn't be racist, so why does it seem like it could be? 

2) Is there any way this is an original idea?

3) Are the optics better or worse if you pay the rickshaw driver to yell it while he takes you somewhere?

4) Why did they not use dinosaurs to power the cars like they did every other thing on that show?

1. It could be racist because you'd be equating Asian culture (unfortunately I cannot remember which country and I don't feel like looking it up so I'm just generalizing it to Asian) with cartoon silliness.

2. Pretty sure you're the first, but not sure why, because this is fucking genius.

3. Better, because then they are a willing participant, as opposed to just listening to you do it with nothing they could do about it other than risk losing a fare.

4. You've stumped me.