UnevenEdge

batman movie night week 2 on 10/23 and fena marathon on 10/30

CountFrylock

Just now, Jman said:

Yeah, Beware the Batman did so well…

Maybe they should split the difference and just air Peacemaker -

Some could say Beware The Batman was outside toonami's control and only failed because cartoon network was losing faith in action cartoons

eh maybe DC Content would be best as special events

if it's on all the time then it becomes less of a treat and it's not so special anymore

That’s pretty much it.  This isn’t anime vs US cartoons, it’s what’s readily available vs what isn’t.

I still think Peacemaker probably would send the views through the roof.  You can’t see him but you can see the ratings.

• Haha 1

I didn't realize we wouldn't have the regular block for three whole weeks.  That's kind of disappointing.

I don't get why they are doing the Fena marathon when they haven't done much holiday marathons at all like they used to.

Three weeks is a long time without the regular lineup and I could see some viewers thinking the regular lineup has been canceled after that long.

And then anyone over the age of five would just spend two minutes googling "Toonami cancelled 2021?" or going to any of the various social media outlets (Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, etc) to ask. Who are these theoretical viewers that we need to be concerned about who somehow can't figure out how to operate the internet?

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Top Gun said:

Seriously, the only people who still watch the block are boomers like us who are in it for life.

Excuse me, sir! I'm a "Xennial," and proud of it! 😉

But seriously, my 40-year old ass can't help but fall asleep sometimes during Toonami no matter how awesome the shows are. Thank God for DVR!

The ratings breakdowns have shown that very few "Boomers" (50+) actually watch the block. They're much more likely to watch ESPN, Fox News, or whatever trash Hallmark is playing. Toonami's chief viewership is still 18-49.

Edited by OwlChemist81

On 10/16/2021 at 11:51 AM, Jman said:

Yeah, Beware the Batman did so well…

Maybe they should split the difference and just air Peacemaker -

Well it only aired after 2:30am and it beat Black Lagoon when it was at 3am (probably due to DVR but still). Who knows how well it might have done at a decent time on Toonami?

Edited by Sketch

55 minutes ago, Sketch said:

Well it only aired after 2:30am and it beat Black Lagoon when it was at 3am (probably due to DVR but still). Who knows how well it might have done at a decent time on Toonami?

It was a blatant kids show that also got completely clobbered by the much more adult Hellsing Ultimate, and as per DeMarco was the show they also got the most complaints about.

I won’t lie though, if the next DC movie release has Toonami air a Peacemaker marathon, ratings will go through the roof.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, EmpressAngel said:

On what planet does "Feudal Joker piloting a castle mecha being attacked by a giant monkey made up of thousands of regular monkeys controlled by a magic flute" fall flat? What's wrong with you?

Yeah, that was about the ratings.

Damn right I enjoyed the movie! I love over-the-top stuff like this!

Edited by OwlChemist81