UnevenEdge

THIS JUST IN!!! BATMAN NINJA TO AIR OCTOBER 16TH AT 12:30!!!

OwlChemist81

I enjoyed the Batman movies last year and I'm sure I'll probably enjoy these!

But the real question is what will the lineup look like on October 23rd and October 30th? And November 7th for that matter? I'm anticipating a marathon October 30th but then again I guess we might not get one and the ending Fena might get a rerun slot then, replacing Black Clover. MHA Season 5 is apparently ending October 30 if no marathon, and November 7th if there will be one.

The low-hanging fruits for Fena and MHA's premiere replacements are Blade Runner: Black Lotus and Demon Slayer Season 2, but the latter has a one-hour premiere which complicates things. Either way, after the lineup has been fairly stable for months, interesting times are ahead for Toonami!

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

and what sucks is It'll probably have ratings that destroy anything that normally airs on toonami

because the casual audience that Nielsen Surveys finds anime either too weird or just too Japanese for them

You automatically go to that reasoning, when it’s a simple matter of one night events getting people’s attention.  It’s not 2003 anymore.  Trust me, I need to remind myself on occasion.

Edited by Jman
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jman said:

You automatically go to that reasoning, when it’s a simple matter of one night events getting people’s attention.  It’s not 2003 anymore.  Trust me, I need to remind myself on occasion.

i suppose i just wish that wasn't the case because then it means more cash-grab events like these will happen...turning toonami into A Gigantic Commercial with a big sticker reminding you "HBO MAX! Exists Go Subscribe Now!"

• D'oh 2

1 hour ago, CountFrylock said:

i suppose i just wish that wasn't the case because then it means more cash-grab events like these will happen...turning toonami into A Gigantic Commercial with a big sticker reminding you "HBO MAX! Exists Go Subscribe Now!"

Where the hell else is the money supposed to come from?  Crunchyroll is Sony’s now.

1 hour ago, CountFrylock said:

"GO TO HBO MAX! YOU KNOW! WHERE THIS BLOCK IS NOT!" TM

5 hours ago, Jman said:

That one was a co-production with Nick.  It might be a bit taboo to air on the rival network.

Perhaps but they are airing the 2014 Michael Bay produced Ninja Turtles on their ACME Night block on CN so maybe they could get Batman vs TMNT some day. I think the TV rights might still be with Nicktoons at the moment but I honestly have no idea. I'd sure love to see Batman vs TMNT on Toonami though.

Red Hood  is fantastic and Batman Ninja is a sight to behold. These are good picks for another DC night. Glad Fena isn't getting pre-empted but since MHA is, they'll either have to double it up on October 23rd to finish the same night as Fena (and stave off replacing Black Clover another week or two baring a marathon).

I'm thinking they'll do a marathon of My Villain Academia on October 30th and if they don't double up MHA on October 23rd then they can start the marathon with the final episode of season 5 then repeat the six episode villain arc and maybe throw in the episode right before that to cover 7 slots. Alternatively they could marathon Fena or some other show.

I'm pretty confident Blade Runner: Black Lotus will replace Fena but I have my doubts they'll want to do that on October 30th.

They could have done this way smoother and promoted DC Fandome before it actually ended if they did so on October 9th. Then they would have really needed to double up Clover. Oh well.

• Like 3

On 9/30/2021 at 9:26 PM, Sketch said:

Perhaps but they are airing the 2014 Michael Bay produced Ninja Turtles on their ACME Night block on CN so maybe they could get Batman vs TMNT some day. I think the TV rights might still be with Nicktoons at the moment but I honestly have no idea. I'd sure love to see Batman vs TMNT on Toonami though.

Red Hood  is fantastic and Batman Ninja is a sight to behold. These are good picks for another DC night. Glad Fena isn't getting pre-empted but since MHA is, they'll either have to double it up on October 23rd to finish the same night as Fena (and stave off replacing Black Clover another week or two baring a marathon).

I'm thinking they'll do a marathon of My Villain Academia on October 30th and if they don't double up MHA on October 23rd then they can start the marathon with the final episode of season 5 then repeat the six episode villain arc and maybe throw in the episode right before that to cover 7 slots. Alternatively they could marathon Fena or some other show.

I'm pretty confident Blade Runner: Black Lotus will replace Fena but I have my doubts they'll want to do that on October 30th.

They could have done this way smoother and promoted DC Fandome before it actually ended if they did so on October 9th. Then they would have really needed to double up Clover. Oh well.

I Wonder how many people are actually excited for DC Fandome anyways

12 hours ago, Blatch said:

I have a low propensity for superheroes, given that I skipped out on half the Batman stuff they showed last year, but I'll try to fit these two movies in. Batman Ninja seems like it'd be something cool to watch live.

I Don't mind these but I Always hate when they happen because it's usually an obnoxious commercial to get you to subscribe to hbo max or in this case pay attention to the dc fandome event....even though it's already over by toonami's start time

so nice going idiots....getting toonami to promote something after it's concluded

Edited by CountFrylock

Batman Ninja was cited by various folks as an anime to check out before watching Star Wars Visions.  I believe it was made by the same studio that did the The Duel episode.  So, I was interested in it, but wasn't rushing to see it.  Having Toonami air it now is pretty convenient for me.  I wonder if this movie was intentionally selected by Demarco given that Visions just aired.  It is pretty smart timing.

• Thanks 1