UnevenEdge

Demon Slayer Season 2 to have 1-hour movie prequel season premiere, 6-episode movie redux

OwlChemist81

Source: 

Did we REALLY think there was ANY other way they would handle this!?

But wait...there's more!

Anyway, I'm predicting that when (and IF) this season comes to Toonami, since Fena and MHA both wrap-up nicely on October 23rd, we'll get a Halloween marathon of some sort on October 30th (Promised Neverland Season 2, maybe? Or perhaps Fena...) and then DS S2 begins at Midnight on November 6th, then moves down to 12:30 for the movie reduxes for the rest of 2021 behind premiering Blade Runner on the 13th.

BUT WAIT! We get an extra hour of [as] on November 6th, so we COULD still have Blade Runner premiere that night at Midnight, then DS at 12:30 and everything else after that shifted up or technically back 30 minutes as circumstances dictate:

Yashahime 1:30

Food Wars 1st 2 AM

Black Clover 1st 2:30

Shippuden 2nd 2 AM

For Toonami to still end nicely at 4, slide in MHA S5 reruns at 2nd 2:30 behind Dr. Stone and DBS to end the night at 3, then either expand to 4:30 (sorry, Black Dynamite) on November 13th or boot DBS for a couple weeks in order to finish Dr. Stone at 3:30 behind MHA reruns at 3.

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 1

It doesn't matter at this point. It had a damn good run!

This is really no different from what Dragon Ball Super did with the first 2 movies or what Re:0096 did with Gundam Unicorn (all airing on Toonami in 2017). However, THIS time, I expect the result to be BETTER than the movie, if only because I SERIOUSLY doubt they'll move the Mugen Train arc to a boat! 🤣

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

This is really no different from what Dragon Ball Super did with the first 2 movies or what Re:0096 did with Gundam Unicorn (all airing on Toonami in 2017). However, THIS time, I expect the result to be BETTER than the movie, if only because I SERIOUSLY doubt they'll move the Mugen Train arc to a boat! 🤣

... is it?

Are they just taking all the animation from the movie and recycling it into 6 episodes? Or do it like how Super did it, which was reanimating two movies with a new dub, and some changes?

Well, that's kind of annoying.  We made the effort to see that movie in theaters and now have to go through it all again as episodes?  It will take a while before we get to new content.  And I don't see where that prologue episode will fit in, when the first season ended right before the movie started.

And anything added to the movie stuff will be filler, right?

But at least Demarco won't have to worry about not being able to show the movie.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

There's no way it will be worse than Super.  Dragged out and with horrible animation and art work.  We know the Demon Slayer series has great production values, and hopefully things will be paced well.  They did say they were re-editing the movie footage to fit the episodes, and adding some new scenes. 

I hope they don't change the music that accompanied the scenes in the movie though, and they just were referring to the new scenes.  Because the music in the movie was excellent.

Edited by ben0119
  • Like 2

Yeah, the Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 TV Edit was pretty much universally panned compared to the OVA series, and it was just a REMIX. It introduced new songs (OP/EDs) but they barely changed the music otherwise. Hopefully that's what we can expect from this DS movie redux, with better episode transitions than we got from Super or Unicorn!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Well, that's kind of annoying.  We made the effort to see that movie in theaters and now have to go through it all again as episodes?  It will take a while before we get to new content.  And I don't see where that prologue episode will fit in, when the first season ended right before the movie started.

And anything added to the movie stuff will be filler, right?

But at least Demarco won't have to worry about not being able to show the movie.

I know! The most successful, record-breaking anime movie ever! ...What!?? Did they think everyone WOULDN'T see it!??!?

• Haha 1

On 9/25/2021 at 3:07 PM, Top Gun said:

Kind of hilarious how they just made the highest-grossing anime movie of all time completely superfluous. Way to be, guys!

I still think the precautionary move of seeing it while Mugen Train on Toonami was an unknown leaning heavily towards impossibility was worth it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/26/2021 at 10:14 AM, OwlChemist81 said:

Yeah, the Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 TV Edit was pretty much universally panned compared to the OVA series, and it was just a REMIX. It introduced new songs (OP/EDs) but they barely changed the music otherwise. 

Hmm, I didn't think it was panned even if the OVA was maybe more well received (plus since some of the more hardcore saw it that way first anyway), overall though I thought it was fine, even if some of the cliffhangers indeed weren't quite as strong as the more planned ones in the OVAs.

The new OP was great to get too.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Haha 1

On 9/26/2021 at 9:41 AM, elfie said:

I know! The most successful, record-breaking anime movie ever! ...What!?? Did they think everyone WOULDN'T see it!??!?

I really don't know what the purpose of this is.  Everyone has seen the movie, and the manga is over.  It's not like the anime needs to buy time for anything.  It's seasonal anyway, so there wouldn't be need for filler either way.

On 9/30/2021 at 8:01 PM, PokeNirvash said:

I still think the precautionary move of seeing it while Mugen Train on Toonami was an unknown leaning heavily towards impossibility was worth it.

Oh definitely.  I wanted to see the movie either way.  It had a decently wide enough release that made it easily accessible.  Plus it was the first movie I saw since covid started, so that made it all the more special.

7 hours ago, ben0119 said:

I really don't know what the purpose of this is.  Everyone has seen the movie, and the manga is over.  It's not like the anime needs to buy time for anything.  It's seasonal anyway, so there wouldn't be need for filler either way.

UNIVERSAL STUDIOS JAPAN HAS A DAMN ATTRACTION THEMED ON MUGEN TRAIN!!! YOU RIDE THE TRAIN ON THE RIDE!!! HALF OF THE MERCHANDISE THEY SELL IS THE TRAIN!!!!

MY GOD!!!!

• Haha 1