UnevenEdge

What Are You Thinking About?

DragonSinger

I'm trying to actually get involved in mutual aid and it's both harder and easier than i thought. A little research after looking for Food Not Bombs and I've found several networks working in and around the nearest major city and I've even found a way to contribute money every month, but i want to actually do work and that might take a little more research. 

I'm just tired of doing nothing. I'm tired of feeling pathetic, too. i want to be a part of something that is worth being a part of. i hope this works out. 

• Thanks 3

I've been more social lately. I made a new friend and got invited to a nerdy bar, made Indian friends and am regularly getting biryani from them, and had several random long pleasant conversations with strangers out in public.

meh, whatever. I still enjoy my solitude quite a bit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Insipid said:

Was he serious? Did you tell his parents?

I really don’t think he was serious. He does have severe developmental disabilities that make him say things that he can’t fully comprehend. I did tell his mom (my sister). She made him apologize to me, which was really all she could do. This honestly didn’t scare me. It just concerned me.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Insipid said:

Sailor Jerry and eggnog is the shit. I might have had a little too much . . . oh no.

I always just pass out when I drink too much . . . and now I have a very bad hangover. The benefits of being a lightweight; I won't have any desire to get shitfaced for a long time.

I'll probably only have a drink or two on Thanksgiving, and then nothing until Christmas.

1 hour ago, The_annoying_one said:

Looks like I’ll be spending Thanksgiving with a bunch of people I either barely know or don’t know at all. Should be…..fun?

That can be stressful, as I recall you saying you're introverted. Just don't drink past the point of getting tipsy and you'll be fine, lol

• Haha 1

On 11/23/2023 at 11:41 AM, DragonSinger said:

Me as I hear screaming voices next door and can tell the boyfriend is back there: Oh for fuck's sake!

Also me right after: Well, the screaming only lasted for 5 minutes, maybe they won't be as violent this time.

Me this morning after walking into my open garage and seeing cop cars on the street:

idk-what-i-expected-i-dont-know-what-i-e

Sorce: Mistress of Bluthposting. lol (I'm sorry. I had to do it.)

On topic: I need to quit drinking Dr Pepper and stick with coffee and sweet tea. Also, brain, please turn off when I tell you to.

• Like 1

for the purposes of getting drunk and enjoying the feeling, nothing really beats vodka. I'm drunk and watching Blade Runner: Black Lotus. I like it. cyberpunk is exactly what i was craving. 

I really should try to write cyberpunk. i have like, no actual creative writing done but what i do have is cyberpunk and it's been well received. the guy I've been talking to lately liked it. and he's really fucking cool so that's gotta count for something.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Gemini said:

Sorce: Mistress of Bluthposting. lol (I'm sorry. I had to do it.)

On topic: I need to quit drinking Dr Pepper and stick with coffee and sweet tea. Also, brain, please turn off when I tell you to.

🎵Don’t go drinking Dr Pepper, stick to the coffee and teas that you’re used to. I know it has to be pure caffeine, or nothing at all but now your brain’s moving too fast.

Don’t go drinking Dr Pepper….Stick to that Mr Pib, coffee and teas that you’re used to  I know it has to be pure caffeine, or nothing at all, but now your brain won’t shut off when you tell it to

cuz it’s moving too fast 🎵

(I’m sorry I had to do it)😏

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

🎵Don’t go drinking Dr Pepper, stick to the coffee and teas that you’re used to. I know it has to be pure caffeine, or nothing at all but now your brain’s moving too fast.

Don’t go drinking Dr Pepper….Stick to that Mr Pib, coffee and teas that you’re used to  I know it has to be pure caffeine, or nothing at all, but now your brain won’t shut off when you tell it to

cuz it’s moving too fast 🎵

(I’m sorry I had to do it)😏

No, don't apologize. I literally laughed out loud. And the way I look at it, you're getting me back for all the times I've done that to you.

Awesome job!

it's weird being surrounded by neurodivergent people who haven't done anything to interrogate the ways society has taught them to be ableist. one person will yell at another for not doing tasks, which is likely a result of executive dysfunction, but then that person will go on to judge another for having safe foods or not being comfortable in social situations and it's just sad

i like all of these people but i wish i could be around people who are more understanding. or just people who have thought about these things as much as I have. not that I'm perfect, but it hurts when everyone is upset or judging others for things I experience too

• Like 2

drunk again, and now I'm watching the original trigun. i really like the new one but there's so much that's missing from the old one, and so much that has changed. the old one is so good, and it's longer too which means i won't run out too soon. 

but it reminds me of someone. i miss them. 

I'm glad the cat is hanging out with me. he's a sphinx so he's very weird sometimes but he's also a loveable goof and very friendly. 

edit: also, the new trigun stampede cut out Millie entirely! best character imo. though the old reporter guy is cool too 

Edited by Lynnrael
  • Like 1