UnevenEdge

Pot for pets

1pooh4u

If it's serious than yeah I guess I could try some for my pet

But guess how many potheads might be like mmm let's give this

a try lol

I'm totally pro pot but I don't know how I feel about this. I suppose it's the same as any other medication but there's no way your pet can say, "Dude, this shit makes me paranoid." >:D

I wonder if pets get all uppidy if you come home with some reggie instead of some loud.

Could you imagine? 

"Hey Pooh, why is there a large dog firmly chomped on your ass"

"Oh, don't mind him, that's my dog Lucky, he's pissed off cuz his medical marijuana had seeds in it"

::spin:: >:D

The way that article ended was hilarious.

“This way,” she said, “I can combine my two favorite things: dogs and pot.” :D

Anyway, I'd like to see some more studies done on the CBD portion of pot to treat these pet ailments.

I wouldn't be against the use since it can be better than the hundreds of meds they prescribe for the ailments listed.

But yeah, def more studies, esp to know the limits, dosage, and effects of pot.

In all seriousness, this article is intriguing but only offers anecdotal evidence because of the lack of any structured medical studies.

I love the stuff but I don't think I'd give it to my pets.  I get irrationally angry as it is when someone blows pot in my cat's face.  Give it a few years of study though and we'll see

I wouldn't give any to my pets. A cat enjoys being a cat, and a dog enjoys being a dog. There's no way they could handle being in a different state of mind.

I've known people that got their pets high and they seemed ok but it's not something I do.  I think it's abusive to the animal.

The way that article ended was hilarious.

“This way,” she said, “I can combine my two favorite things: dogs and pot.” :D

Anyway, I'd like to see some more studies done on the CBD portion of pot to treat these pet ailments.

I wouldn't be against the use since it can be better than the hundreds of meds they prescribe for the ailments listed.

But yeah, def more studies, esp to know the limits, dosage, and effects of pot.

That last part was great but it was troubling the part where they were saying it was a trial and error process, something like that....all I know was it wasn't very scientific >:D

I don't know for sure that it does. the calm down might be psychosomatic

I dunno about that, wouldn't your dog have to know that what you're blowing in her ear can have that affect? 

Hey, I guess if it works, it works, just know this, don't do that to my cat and if you do I'll force you tp play an entire game of Monopoly >:D

I love the stuff but I don't think I'd give it to my pets.  I get irrationally angry as it is when someone blows pot in my cat's face.  Give it a few years of study though and we'll see

The one thing the article did was make the distinction between THC and CBD, so obviously this is more than just giving a sick cat a pot brownie (which is doubly bad).  Without the research, it's still not clear exactly how it helps, but there is a pathway to researching how  pets can consuming elements of marijuana plant byproducts in way that is safe.

I don't know for sure that it does. the calm down might be psychosomatic

That's not the proper use for the word "psychosomatic."  "Psycho-" - of or relelated to the mind.  "-soma" - of or related to the physical body.  The adjective is used to denote that which derives from the brain controlling physical iterations; quite literally anything from a normal reaction to fear (such as profuse sweating) to hypochondria.  What your're likely mean is the specific process of pyschological control of symptoms, such as with placebos.

The one thing the article did was make the distinction between THC and CBD, so obviously this is more than just giving a sick cat a pot brownie (which is doubly bad).  Without the research, it's still not clear exactly how it helps, but there is a pathway to researching how  pets can consuming elements of marijuana plant byproducts in way that is safe.

I'm all for the pathway I just hope it's being done responsibly and not by some old hippie named Quarter Moon feeding various amounts of pot to their pet >:D

That last part was great but it was troubling the part where they were saying it was a trial and error process, something like that....all I know was it wasn't very scientific >:D

Yeah, there has not been really any studies to prove or disprove.

I mean, it probably does alleviate some of the symptoms, but I'm more worried about the long term affects, to see if it's screwing up another part of the animal.

DEF would not recommend people doing this, yes, but from a scientific perspective it is interesting if they can use it in ze future....or just hone in on the CBD part of mary jane and study that more.

What also worries me is that people will read this and give their animal pot (not just CBD)....'cuz THC is bad for your pet. -_-

I can only imagine the vet visits.  >:D

Yeah, there has not been really any studies to prove or disprove.

I mean, it probably does alleviate some of the symptoms, but I'm more worried about the long term affects, to see if it's screwing up another part of the animal.

DEF would not recommend people doing this, yes, but from a scientific perspective it is interesting if they can use it in ze future....or just hone in on the CBD part of mary jane and study that more.

What also worries me is that people will read this and give their animal pot (not just CBD)....'cuz THC is bad for your pet. -_-

I can only imagine the vet visits.  >:D

I imagine the visit is like this for the dog

giphy.gif

Cuz it cures what ails you? >:D

Seriously, I don't know but it's worth looking into but not experimenting on with your own pet.

Seriously though, what are they going to do?

"Hey, if we give these rats weed will they be less likely to spread plague?" ::spin::