UnevenEdge

YashaHime Episode 2 "3 Princesses" Discussion!!!

1 minute ago, elfie said:

Look I Know this show aimed at 10 year olds, but to me this lesson is obvious and tired.

I'm not sure what the demographic is actually.  It's made to be viewed by the whole family, but it doesn't make sense if you haven't seen InuYasha and Final Act.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

I'm not sure what the demographic is actually.  It's made to be viewed by the whole family, but it doesn't make sense if you haven't seen InuYasha and Final Act.

Hmm, I imagine new people can still watch just following the new generation characters even if someone else or their family members may know the returning characters.

Though since we all saw the original it's hard to judge.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Hmm, I imagine new people can still watch just following the new generation characters even if someone else or their family members may know the returning characters.

Though since we all saw the original it's hard to judge.

There was an article written about how this show isn't newcomer friendly.  It might take a bit to find it, but if it was written by someone who already saw the original it doesn't help us either way.  So yeah since we already saw the original series it's hard to judge.

Most of us saw Dragon Ball Z before we saw Dragon Ball and that wasn't confusing at all.  I personally started with the Android Saga and it was easy to follow.  But in that case it was the same characters older, not a whole new generation of characters.  But yeah I dunno.

4 hours ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

she can smell her sister crying from a distance

Wouldn't hearing it make more sense?  I'm trying to remember if Inuyasha and Sesshomaru had super hearing as well.  Dogs do have better hearing than humans after all.  Maybe Towa can smell the tears and Mei's upset mood??

Forgot to mention this during the show. 

I know it probably wasn't the intention, but the nostalgia I get for Towa fighting with those thug bullies reminds me more of Ichigo or Yusuke. :)

Although those fights never got as serious as here where the bullies became straight up criminals by kidnapping the family. 

Also, I have been trying to determine if Sota's wife is the girl he went on a date with in that one episode of the original series where he dressed up looking just like Detective Conan, but I don't know the episode number or title. 

Let's try googling "Sota's date."  That didn't work, but adding InuYasha to the front of it found what I was looking for.

https://inuyasha.fandom.com/wiki/Episode_90

https://inuyasha.fandom.com/wiki/Hitomi

Aww, it's not the same girl. :( It would be nice to have that continuity, even if it was just one filler episode.  It was a pretty memorable episode, for me at least anyway.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ben0119 said:

There was an article written about how this show isn't newcomer friendly.  It might take a bit to find it, but if it was written by someone who already saw the original it doesn't help us either way.  So yeah since we already saw the original series it's hard to judge.

Most of us saw Dragon Ball Z before we saw Dragon Ball and that wasn't confusing at all.  I personally started with the Android Saga and it was easy to follow.  But in that case it was the same characters older, not a whole new generation of characters.  But yeah I dunno.

I guess that's why they made the first episode a nostalgia fest? Maybe to entice fans of the original into the second?

But that just feeds into the idea that this episode wasn't newcomer-friendly, right?

• Like 1

I don't know what bugs me more: Miroku and Sango's son treating Moroha like she's a minor antagonist, or Kagome's mom going by the name "Grammy" now.

On 7/4/2021 at 1:09 AM, ben0119 said:

So apparently the boys' school uniforms in modern Japan look like Colonel Sanders' outfit?  

Only the ones that go for an all-white color scheme.

On 7/4/2021 at 1:14 AM, EmpressAngel said:

If they don't say the line I'm flipping a table.

:D Poor guy sounds so unsure of what he's saying.

On 7/4/2021 at 1:16 AM, OwlChemist81 said:

I love how TOM and SARA focus on Moroha!

It's almost like they think of her as the main character and not Towa...

• Like 2