UnevenEdge

I drew is today and thought I’d share

Still Me

18 hours ago, cyberbully said:

I honestly can't even remember which one came first, but I've played them all ....even the shitty Nintendo 64 one. 

I thought that was really underrated. I beat it and enjoyed all the way through, for the most part (the exception being that part where you're carrying some concoction that blows up on you if you so much nudge anything other than air. Fuck that part).

8 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I thought that was really underrated. I beat it and enjoyed all the way through, for the most part (the exception being that part where you're carrying some concoction that blows up on you if you so much nudge anything other than air. Fuck that part).

That game was beyond awful. Almost unplayable. But it was during a time where finishing a game was priority so I suffered through it. I have no clue how someone could enjoy it.

Something I don't think I've said since ASMB, the 64 was a shitty system that survived on sheer fanboyism.... myself included. The Saturn was a much better system but Sega fanboys jumped ship after the Sega CD and the 3DO was a complete slap in the face so their fate was sealed, but all Nintendo had to do was make sure it's mascot games did well and the rest of the Library was mostly terrible. 

There are some great nostalgia to be had, but everything about the 64 was subpar for it's gen. 

I would get into specs and functionality and ease of development for software and everything else it lacked... but it would be hypocrisy because, as I said, fanboy....without us, that shitty box would have tanked

7 minutes ago, cyberbully said:

That game was beyond awful. Almost unplayable. But it was during a time where finishing a game was priority so I suffered through it. I have no clue how someone could enjoy it.

Something I don't think I've said since ASMB, the 64 was a shitty system that survived on sheer fanboyism.... myself included. The Saturn was a much better system but Sega fanboys jumped ship after the Sega CD and the 3DO was a complete slap in the face so their fate was sealed, but all Nintendo had to do was make sure it's mascot games did well and the rest of the Library was mostly terrible. 

There are some great nostalgia to be had, but everything about the 64 was subpar for it's gen. 

I would get into specs and functionality and ease of development for software and everything else it lacked... but it would be hypocrisy because, as I said, fanboy....without us, that shitty box would have tanked

I'm not so sure it's about fanboyism as it is about a few MASSIVELY popular / incredible games that saved the sinking ship. Ocarina of Time, Smash Bros., Mario Kart, Goldeneye.... I always hated Goldeneye but I'm pretty sure I'm alone in that.... Ocarina of Time was a masterpiece and Smash Bros is my fav multi player game of all time (never played any of its sequels, so if it was ever improved upon I wouldn't know). 

I think it was a Pat the NES Punk vid I was watching that pointed out that like every other fucking third party game on N64 was a shitty racing game.  And I can't refute that. There were a ton. And why make a bunch of shitty "normal" racing games when you got FUCKING MARIO KART?

My own personal biggest gripe with the N64 though was no follow-up to the incredible Super Metroid.

Edited by Doom Metal Alchemist

All you did was name the mascot games, which would have done well regardless. OoT is indeed a classic...Zelda branching out into 3D....and the 3D Metroid was not as well received as Mario or Zelda....I found it fun, but It wasn't a global consensus on it's greatness. 

And yeah, there were a lot of racing games but there were just as many horrible platformers like Banjo Kazooie, and whatever else Rare shat out those days that people pretended we're great because it was Nintendo. 3rd party games were bad because the devs had no idea how to squeeze CD quality gameplay, batch loading and non telegraphed transitions onto a cart when Discs could do so much more chips.  It's why shit like Superman 64 and Castlevania 64 existed.  It why cutscenes looked exactly like the game you were playing, it's why the polygons we're so large and perpetually clipped through scenery and other characters. It had sooooo many problems that people don't acknowledge because Nintendo. If they didn't save face with the Cube, Nintendo might have flopped in the console wars and only stayed relevant in the he portable game. ... They've had that shit on lock since gameboy

Edited by cyberbully