UnevenEdge

I've been thinking about small food animals.

SwimModSponges

All of you.... stop giving him ideas. 

I moved into town for a reason. Growing up on a horse farm was enough farming for me.

I could deal with a couple chickens and a big garden. But my days of shoveling another creatures shit in negative temperatures is over. 

So unless one of you is planning on coming to live in the basement as a farm hand I'm putting my wifey foot down.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Dr. MrsGirlfriend said:

I moved into town for a reason. Growing up on a horse farm was enough farming for me.

I could deal with a couple chickens and a big garden. But my days of shoveling another creatures shit in negative temperatures is over. 

So unless one of you is planning on coming to live in the basement as a farm hand I'm putting my wifey foot down.

*considers suggesting she make sponges agree to do all shit shoveling*

*considers she'll come back with just because he says he will doesn't mean he'll live up to it, and who's left to do it, because she wants it gone and he doesn't care?*

Seriously though, the best suggestion you're going to get is fish or shrimp. 

You can put up a small greenhouse and put a few tanks inside. 

Only permit you'll need is a building permit to put up the greenhouse. 

But still, that's only supplying you with one or two proteins. 

If you're not on a farm, you're pretty fucked when it comes to being self-sufficient. 

Oh Gein did come from here. Hell, I think the only thing anyone knows about Sponge's hometown is potato farms and Ed Gein. 

Fun story, when we started dating we spent a weekend housesitting for his parents while they were gone. Sponges went to the store or something. While he was gone I remembered my years of horror movies; while in the literal middle of nowhere known for Ed Gein and meth. Thankfully, Sponges returned between the stages of me having every light on in the house and getting his dad's crossbow prepped and ready. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, SwimModSponges said:

Shit, I'll do you one better-

One of these dots is the Gein place, one of these dots is where I grew up.

image.thumb.png.f106edb663a0a5fc6f56061454ff70a9.png

Please don't try to use this information to track me down and kill me.

That's cool.

On a related note, I live kinda close to the house they used for Buffalo Bill in The Silence of the Lambs.

5 hours ago, Dr. MrsGirlfriend said:

You guys could eat grasshoppers. Do you have any idea how many grasshoppers could fit into 100 gallons of aquarium space? 100 GALLONS OF GRASSHOPPERS!

• 2 weeks later...