UnevenEdge

Attack On Titan: The Final Season Episode #64 "Declaration Of War" Discussion

3 hours ago, Roymustang1990 said:

Nice to hear it return.I thought we should lose it due to a different studio like Mappa taking over  WIT just to animate this arc

Yeah, I miss it. The music so far has been pretty good but I miss that Sawano bombast even if he's still involved.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, mochi said:

considering we know from a few episodes ago that this guy is Marleian trying to incite war....yeah...I'mma say everything he's saying here is utter bullshit

Yeah this guy is saying this is the REAL truth but it still sounds like bullshit to me.  It's still casting the Eldians as villains.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 3ngag3 said:

Regular titans don't. Shifters and aberrants don't have this weakness.

1 minute ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

pure titans can't move at night, ordinarily, but we've seen them circumvent that. plus, it neve applied to the titan shifters

Oh ok.  I didn't know it was all of the shifters, but just particular ones.  I remember there was one that was able to move at night before.

1 minute ago, saito34 said:

Yeah i would have rode that wave for another 2 eps easy

Yeah or at least slip a shot of another one or two of our crew into those 4 eps like that shot of

Spoiler

Jean grabbing a newspaper at the end of ep 1.

Edited by DangerMouse

1 minute ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah or at least slip a shot of another one or two of our crew into those 4 eps like that shot of

Hide contents

Jean grabbing a newspaper at the end of ep 1.

eff

Yeah that could have been done a few more times easily because it works so well and amps you up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

Yup, like the tons making up the scaffolding of the three walls.

I thought those were regular Titans and that the Colossal was unique since it was a Shifter.

3 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

Dat preview

The Attack Titan vs The Warhammer Titan

You'd think that Isayama could have come up with a better name than "Attack Titan." xD

8 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

I thought those were regular Titans and that the Colossal was unique since it was a Shifter.

Yeah they probably aren't exactly the same since from what we know the 9 are unique so they probably aren't exactly Colossal Titans. But they seem to be similar and about as tall if they are indeed standing up inside the walls to make them as tall as they are (though the Colossal was actually a bit taller than the walls since he could look over it).

Edited by DangerMouse

31 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah they probably aren't exactly the same since from what we know the 9 are unique so they probably aren't exactly Colossal Titans. But they seem to be similar and about as tall if they are indeed standing up inside the walls to make them as tall as they are (though the Colossal was actually a bit taller than the walls since he could look over it).

I never really thought that the walls had to be as tall as the Titans inside.  I guess I never really thought about it before.  They could be stacked on top each other, with some sort of internal structure holding the the second layer up.  Plus the time we saw part of the wall damaged and saw a Titan inside, it was one of the regular ones.

Yeah that was the big deal about the Colossol Titan is he was actually taller than the walls.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

I never really thought that the walls had to be as tall as the Titans inside.  I guess I never really thought about it before.  They could be stacked on top each other, with some sort of internal structure holding the the second layer up.  Plus the time we saw part of the wall damaged and saw a Titan inside, it was one of the regular ones.

Yeah that was the big deal about the Colossol Titan is he was actually taller than the walls.

Actually I guess you're right, maybe it's not required they be as tall as the wall since Eren filled the hole in the outer wall with his hardening ability and wasn't as big as the hole and the head of one of them when that bit of wall crumbled at the end of S1 I guess was kind of in the middle of the wall's height. But I thought they've said that the ones inside the wall are somewhat similar to the colossal and it looked skinless like the Colossal but maybe I'm misremembering.

Yeah, whether or not they are similar to the Colossal they presumably wouldn't be exactly the same anyway since the Colossal's height is important and it's also one of the special 9.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

In Japanese it's name is the the name of the show (Shingeki no Kyojin) ;)

Well that makes a lot more sense lol.

But the show's title isn't even grammatically correct.  Doesn't no in Japanese mean of?  So the title should be Attack of Titan, or maybe Attack of the Titans, would make the most sense, given the premise.  But maybe not, if the show is meant to be named after the Attack Titan itself.

It was also because of this title and me skimming over what I thought was a synopsis for the series that made me think this was a sci-fi space series when I first heard about it.  I remember reading about military uniforms and "Attack on Titan" made me think there is some space colony on the moon of Saturn called Titan that gets attacked.  The thing I read said there would be some reveal that the series really takes place on a Dyson Sphere.  I now know that must be bullshit and I have no idea what I read and can't find it back now whenever I look.  It was probably some fan theory I read.  I don't think this show is going to go that far down the rabbit hole of TWISTS lol.  It's convoluted enough as it is!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Actually I guess you're right, maybe it's not required they be as tall as the wall since Eren filled the hole in the outer wall with his hardening ability and wasn't as big as the hole and the head of one of them when that bit of wall crumbled at the end of S1 I guess was kind of in the middle of the wall's height. But I thought they've said that the ones inside the wall are somewhat similar to the colossal and it looked skinless like the Colossal but maybe I'm misremembering.

Yeah, whether or not they are similar to the Colossal they presumably wouldn't be exactly the same anyway since the Colossal's height is important and it's also one of the special 9.

Yes that Titan's head was about half way up and it looked like one of the normal Titans to me.

Yes the Colossal was one of the 9.  I don't get why there would be millions of them.

Well it was Tyber that was saying this and I'm not sure we can take his word as gospel lol.

I don't suppose anybody did a recap on this? :) Lots of episodes and I don't really want to re-watch them all.  But I can't just do a search since I will also run afoul of spoilers that way.

Here's the shot from their history of the First King's warning where I remember thinking they weren't just regular Titans but a specific kind even if not one of the special ones, maybe like how that fat bastard knew what size Titan the injection he was giving would create from the person.

attack-on-titan-titans-origin-story-subj

• Like 1