UnevenEdge

Cosmic Samurai TIE

The1gairon

Toonami will air a 4-part TIE unlike any previous story they ever made. This TIE is non-canon and is written by someone outside of the Toonami team, and the trailer indicates that it will be wholly or partly hand-drawn. However, DeMarco indicated that Steve Blum and Dana Swanson will not be in it.

I didn't see a thread for this so here it is.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, elfie said:

I kinda like SARA with anime pixie eyes.

You can blame Naruto for making everyone think being a ninja involves making duplicates of yourself.

I have suspicions about all these characters but I'm not saying anything unless evidence becomes present

This is like a New 10's anime trying really hard to be an early 2000's sci-fi anime, and I kinda love it for that alone.

19 minutes ago, Top Gun said:

I'd love to find out who actually worked on this thing. 

Telecom Animation Film's the only name we've got at this point, I'm afraid. I'm expecting credits by the last episode; if not, then through Demarco's Twitter feed.

29 minutes ago, Top Gun said:

I'd love to find out who actually worked on this thing. 

YOu know .... from the trailer, I had no idea this was done by a legit anime production, because the only animation it showed was tweened still drawings, which is exceedingly easy to do even in the States or Canada. Also, barely anyone talked except for the Narrator.

5 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

This is like a New 10's anime trying really hard to be an early 2000's sci-fi anime, and I kinda love it for that alone.

Telecom Animation Film's the only name we've got at this point, I'm afraid. I'm expecting credits by the last episode; if not, then through Demarco's Twitter feed.

That sort of weird retro approach is marking a lot of Toonami’s originals.  Case in point - Shenmue.