UnevenEdge

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 and 2 Discussion

3ngag3

1 minute ago, AnimationFan14 said:

Superman+vs+batman+part+2+ok+i+guess+yal

Superman vs. Batman has always been a monumentally stupid fight because only people who hate Superman would even consider it a fair fight, that's like making Hercule fight Goku and acting like Hercule wouldn't get his head punched off in the first 3 seconds >_>

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, mochi said:

okay so what we've learned

Akira Toriyama read the comic this was based on, and copied this version of Superman wholesale to make the Z version of Goku

the agelessness and the ability to absorb life from planets

Large Spirit Bomb | Dragon Ball Wiki | Fandom

Ā 

6 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

ehhh, that's a stretch. i tink it's more likely that japanese culture would come up with an attack made out of trust and cooperation where america wouldn't have thought of it.

I think it's a stretch on both your parts lmao.

11 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

considering this scene came from the same writer who wrote all star batman and robin where Batman had this stupid idea

that to defeat green lantern all he had to do was paint everything yellow including himself(even painted the inside of his mouth yellow)and left out some lemonade on a yellow table

I Don't think it's too far out there to say he did this to show Superman's powers could easily be used to drain the planet of all life

Since He Does Hate Superman....

It is an established ability, albeit a slightly silly one, that Superman can get the sun energy from plants.Ā  But go ahead and keep going on your rant and capitalizing the first letter in every word of your sentences for no reason.

4 minutes ago, mochi said:

Superman vs. Batman has always been a monumentally stupid fight because only people who hate Superman would even consider it a fair fight, that's like making Hercule fight Goku and acting like Hercule wouldn't get his head punched off in the first 3 seconds >_>

Well Batman is using tons of gadgets and devices and has armor.Ā  Kryptonite will often come into play.Ā  Ah, there's the kryptonite lol.

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

It is an established ability, albeit a slightly silly one, that Superman can get the sun energy from plants.Ā  But go ahead and keep going on your rant and capitalizing the first letter in every word of your sentences for no reason.

and it's established that he wouldn't be any government's loyal lapdog but DKR says otherwise

Ā 

Something with his heart?

Why is the mansion exploding?Ā  All the money is gone?Ā  Not donated to charity?

Alfred died of a stroke...

Wow, he really is dead.

Eh, these losers are going to the new Batman?Ā  Batmen?Ā 

What a weird ending!Ā  Not sure what to make of it lmao.

have batman sleepers all over the city/county/state in various echelons of society, feeding information bac and engaging in clandestine vigilante operations. arrange them into robin class, nightwing class, et cetera. evetually terry mcginnisĀ joins and becomes one of three batman level agents

it could be a comic unto itself....but nobody's written it....

4 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

honestly, though, i LOVE the idea of Batman and Green Arrow training an ARMY of batman esque vigilantes beneath gotham. their own Justice League of Shadows

i think they shoud call themselves

ChiroptophobiaĀ 

Could have picked better trainees though.

5 minutes ago, mochi said:

but I found it to be a cool insight into the time this comic was made, and what was influencing the writing of the time

I can see the high body count, large amount of shootouts, big civilian death toll, and explosion count being influenced fromĀ then current 80s action hits like the Rambo franchise.

Edited by AnimationFan14
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

ugh. this show. ballmastrz is a much better anime parody...

Eh, it had its good points, like when Makasu went around eating cigarette butts in the lead-up to the match against Ekeko.

And yes, it actually IS apparently getting a second season, and will NOT be an April Fool's joke this time!

Edited by OwlChemist81

2 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

ugh. this show. ballmastrz is a much better anime parody...

honestly i don't understand shows that try to be an anime parody and then act like "OOOOH Look big sparkly eyes and people talking like this is speed racer! it's anime"

have they even seen any anime?

5 minutes ago, AnimationFan14 said:

I can see the high body count, large amount of shootouts, big civilian death toll, and explosion count being influenced fromĀ then current 80s action hits like the Rambo franchise.

I think Mochi was talking about what was going on in the actual world back then haha.

16 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Why is the mansion exploding?Ā  All the money is gone?Ā  Not donated to charity?

Alfred died of a stroke...

They used a self-destruct on the cave and mansion. He's no doubt got plenty of money and accounts elsewhere.

I imagineĀ they blew it up for full cover. It'll be the first place they take apart once he's "dead" now that they know he's Batman let alone whenever they get active so he had to get rid of the cave.

Alfred seemingly really dyingĀ seemed rather abrupt though.

Edited by DangerMouse

13 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

They used a self-destruct on the cave and mansion. He's no doubt got plenty of money and accounts elsewhere.

I imagineĀ they blew it up for full cover. It'll be the first place they take apart once he's "dead" now that they know he's Batman let alone whenever they get active so he had to get rid of the cave.

Alfred seemingly really dyingĀ seemed rather abrupt though.

I thought maybe it was set to go off in the event of Bruce's death, like a trigger connected to his heart, and he did temporarily "die."Ā  Either that or Alfred blew it up.

Yeah for sure since his identity was revealed at the end of the fight with Superman when he "died."

Yeah for sure the mansion and cave would get raided.Ā  Still, the sentimental value, even if not the resources.

I imagined he siphoned the money elsewhere, yeah.

I wonder if Alfred was in on the plan or if he actually thought Bruce died.Ā  If not, that's kind of fucked up since the stress from thinking Bruce died is what lead to his death.

Yes abrupt and no apparent funeral for him or Bruce honoring him or showing appreciation.

Edited by ben0119