UnevenEdge

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 and 2 Discussion

3ngag3

okay so what we've learned

Akira Toriyama read the comic this was based on, and copied this version of Superman wholesale to make the Z version of Goku

the agelessness and the ability to absorb life from planets

Large Spirit Bomb | Dragon Ball Wiki | Fandom

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

that makes it seem like frank miller hates superman and wanted to put this in to show "Superman could easily suck all the life out of our planet"

I mean that's probably exactly right

Just now, mochi said:

I mean that's probably exactly right

i mean superman's suppose to be this kind boy scout who despite his amazing powers has a noble mind set and was raised with good morals

picked up from his earth family

seeing him just suck life out of the earth itself makes it look like he didn't give a damn about those morals

2 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

i mean superman's suppose to be this kind boy scout who despite his amazing powers has a noble mind set and was raised with good morals

picked up from his earth family

seeing him just suck life out of the earth itself makes it look like he didn't give a damn about those morals

Man you are way off in left field.Ā  He is absorbing the energy from the sun the plants took in to recover.Ā  That's it.Ā  They did this on the Supergirl TV show too to bring her back to life.Ā  Remember, they get their strength from the sun?Ā  I mean he literally grabbed a SUNFLOWER first.Ā  That should have given you the hint.

• Like 2

Just now, ben0119 said:

Man you are way off in left field.Ā  He is absorbing the energy from the sun the plants took in to recover.Ā  That's it.Ā  They did this on the Supergirl TV show too to bring her back to life.Ā  Remember, they get their strength from the sun?Ā  I mean he literally grabbed a SUNFLOWER first.Ā  That should have given you the hint.

considering this scene came from the same writer who wrote all star batman and robin where Batman had this stupid idea

that to defeat green lantern all he had to do was paint everything yellow including himself(even painted the inside of his mouth yellow)and left out some lemonade on a yellow table

I Don't think it's too far out there to say he did this to show Superman's powers could easily be used to drain the planet of all life

Since He Does Hate Superman....

Ā 

12 minutes ago, mochi said:

okay so what we've learned

Akira Toriyama read the comic this was based on, and copied this version of Superman wholesale to make the Z version of Goku

the agelessness and the ability to absorb life from planets

Large Spirit Bomb | Dragon Ball Wiki | Fandom

ehhh, that's a stretch. i tink it's more likely that japanese culture would come up with an attack made out of trust and cooperation where america wouldn't have thought of it.

• Like 1