UnevenEdge

Dragonball Super rerun Discussuon 7-19-20

6 minutes ago, mochi said:

GT captured the humor of classic Dragonball better than Super ever could, didn't do the action that well but Super does BOTH badly

one of the gags I remember from GT was a scene where Pan and Mr. Satan are in a diner and have ordered a girly fruit parfait and a cup of black coffee, the waitress gives Satan the coffee and Pan the parfait and they silently switch them after the waitress leaves

as ive said before, GT's biggest problem was pitting the fighters against villains who never should have stood a ghost of a chance, but still making it a drawn out struggle. the thing is, Super does that as well. way too many times. at least GT had Pan as a character (though they shoulda let her got SSJ), Super Saiyan 4, and--honestly--the bet music of the franchise

• Like 3

On 9/27/2020 at 12:29 AM, CorbeauKarasu said:

as ive said before, GT's biggest problem was pitting the fighters against villains who never should have stood a ghost of a chance, but still making it a drawn out struggle. the thing is, Super does that as well. way too many times. at least GT had Pan as a character (though they shoulda let her got SSJ), Super Saiyan 4, and--honestly--the bet music of the franchise

Yeah, it's been a long time but I still remember many of those villains putting up way more struggle than they should have lol.

Sometimes Super felt a little quicker so it probably did a bit better at managing the overall length of some of the fights, but it was also inconsistent (Gut reaction since we only went back to Goku Black this time).

Completely agree, Pan was a great addition and they should have let her go SSJ, I remember I was looking forward to that so much while it was airing. I'd enjoy a time jump to get back to her if Super ever continues, if they made her similar to how she was at least.

• Like 2