UnevenEdge

Dragonball Super rerun Discussuon 7-19-20

5 minutes ago, elfie said:

Oh my god Toonami is so into brackets!! For like two Pre-Flight episodes DeMarco dedicated both to brackets!!! What is it about them!!??

and since it's likely the winner will have a marathon like the adult swim con one....expect to see a DBS Marathon from this

apparently there's 64 shows involved in the bracket

Despite not really being explained in Dragon Ball Z, doesn't it not make sense for Gohan to power up from Super Saiyan 1, 2, to Mystic form?  I thought Mystic form was like some sort of Zen-like state.  Super Saiyan transformations are based on emotion.  It also doesn't make sense for Gohan to lose access to his Mystic form.

Just now, ben0119 said:

Despite not really being explained in Dragon Ball Z, doesn't it not make sense for Gohan to power up from Super Saiyan 1, 2, to Mystic form?  I thought Mystic form was like some sort of Zen-like state.  Super Saiyan transformations are based on emotion.  It also doesn't make sense for Gohan to lose access to his Mystic form.

well, i mean, if it is a zen-like state, wouldn't losing access to it mak MORE sense. he's off his balance

Jason: "We're going to change up Pre-Flight by announcing our new interviews with people who work on Toonami or are associated with Toonami in some way with the promise of many interviews of many many people."

Gill: "Okay, but wouldn't that mean we'd have to interview many many people? Remember, we're lazy."

Jason: "Ooo right. VERY very important."

Gill: "So what will we really do?"

Jason: "Let's only interview Steve, Dana, and Maki on the AS Live Stream, and intersperce them with a Pre-Flight interview rerun, a special event, or just Game Humpers running overtime for absolutely the entire time until midnight. And let's do that for many months on end."

Gill: "And not tell anyone!"

Jason: "NO ONE."

Gill: "NOT ONE PERSON!"

Jason: "Brilliant."

Gill: "I love you."

Jason: "Take me."

Edited by elfie

This thing just came up in my youtube feed earlier tonight so I just killed a half hour watching this fun little thing with the Japanese, English, and Taiwan VAs of Tanjiro they did since the movie's premiering over there. Looks like they're going to do one for each of the main group maybe.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DangerMouse said:

Ben_Jerrys_2000x.png?v=1596863114

Now I could use some ice cream, not that we have one of these in New York lol

I got the chocolate chip cookie, 'dough.

I think we didn't get any commercials. A Ben & Jerry's commercial would've been good.

Edited by elfie

Just now, elfie said:

... oh shit this is the ep where Roshi's one funny moment in Super ruined any other chance of him being a pervert anymore. This era sucks.

yeeeah, somehow they actually got in trouble with the network censors for this ep....which is weird since Yurin has to be in her 40's so it's not like Roshi's harrassing a little girl

Just now, mochi said:

yeeeah, somehow they actually got in trouble with the network censors for this ep....which is weird since Yurin has to be in her 40's so it's not like Roshi's harrassing a little girl

But nooooo everyone in whichever-year-this-aired has to have a stick up their ass and not allow any risque fun anymore.

4 minutes ago, elfie said:

Oh yeah and Luci Christian was wasted on this character. She deserves better in Dragonball of all animes.

Yeah, unfortunately not too many feisty female fighters in this aside from mainly Android 18 and Caulifla. And of course Bulma, though not a fighter.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, elfie said:

.. remind me again why Kurin doesn't appear in this show past this episode? Or maybe that's just my memory.

he does they just sorta shelf him in favor of his wife because she's never been allowed to fight alongside the guys before....which I'm fine with

• Like 1