UnevenEdge

Attack on Titan's final season promo revealed with new studio MAPPA

3ngag3

While I understand why Wit Studio had to drop it, I'm still sad to see them go.

MAPPA looks like they're going to give it their best shot though unlike what some other studios have done picking up continuing anime (Onepunch-Man, Seven Deadly Sins)

Edited by 3ngag3
  • Like 3

Sucks that the change is happening especially with just one last season to go and couldn't figure out a way to just get it done one last time I'll miss their style, but at least it's a generally quality studio in MAPPA rather than some of the other studios it could have been. So hopefully they do a good job when we see the real thing. Lots of pressure on this one especially coming in at the end given the massive popularity of this show's past seasons, visual direction, and hot off that widely praised masterful S3.

Though now I'm more concerned about the wtf reveal of a second composer and just how much of the soundtrack Kohta Yamamoto is going to do, even if he's provided tracks with Sawano a few times now and been okay (Blue Exorcist S2, Seven Deadly Sins later seasons). Sawano's soundtrack is a major part of the show's identity so the final ost frankly seems like a dumb time to suddenly do a split soundtrack, plus I was excited for all the new tracks Sawano would bring this last time for the big finale. Hopefully he's still the primary composer and we're not lacking for new tracks from him with all the new characters that need themes along with plentiful of use of previous music.
Thank goodness he's still working on the music or they'd probably already be facing a riot on their hands even before the intense scrutiny the art and animation will already be facing when the airing starts, let alone after the huge blow back at both OPM S2 and the last SDS.

At least they're generally a quality studio that's got a good number of great-looking shows under their belt. Don't fuck this up Hayashi.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/29/2020 at 11:49 AM, 3ngag3 said:

While I understand why Wit Studio had to drop it, I'm still sad to see them go.

MAPPA looks like they're going to give it their best shot though unlike what some other studios have done picking up continuing anime (Onepunch-Man, Seven Deadly Sins)

wait Mappa?.....well color me excited

1 minute ago, 3ngag3 said:

Because they did Yuri!!! on Ice, right?

and Banana fish, and Sarazanmai, and kids on the slope, and pretty much every other stunningly animated and borderline to explicitly gay anime that's come out since 2014