UnevenEdge

Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Soma - The Second Plate Episode 2 Discussion

Just now, CorbeauKarasu said:

whoa whoa whoa

you have some evidence for that? that CPM and 4Kids were the same? i doubt that highly somehow.

they shared the same exact recording studio, used the same voice directors and voice casts

2 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Does this show have like 6 background songs?  They use this one all the time for explaining the food.  Doesn't help with how repetitive and formulaic this show is.  There's really not much to this show.

LOL he wants some too.

I think the reason for watching this show was left in the last season. 

1579714552206.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, mochi said:

they shared the same exact recording studio, used the same voice directors and voice casts

okay but that's not the same thing. different ideologies and respect for the material is likely to produce vastly different results. plus, overlap in those arenas doesn't necessarily represent the majority of what the companies put out.

i might sound a bit bitter over it, but with the exception of shaman king and the 2003 ninja turtles cartoon, i can't let apologies for 4kids productions slide. people are critical of food wars' dub, sure. but this is still better than anything 4kids did by leaps and bounds.

4 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Does this show have like 6 background songs?  They use this one all the time for explaining the food.  Doesn't help with how repetitive and formulaic this show is.  There's really not much to this show.

LOL he wants some too.

six background songs sound like a pretty reasonable amount to me....

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mochi said:

Sentai produces bad dubs on purpose out of spite for their fans

17 hours ago, mochi said:

honestly....4kids used to produce Adult dubs under the name Central Park Media...such as Slayers and Utena

I honestly can't decide which of these two statements is stupider.

• Haha 1