UnevenEdge

My Hero Academia Episode #73 (410) Discussion

Just now, mochi said:

Funimation: Rock Lock is voice by an ACTUAL BLACK PERSON, aren't we progressive :D

Me: the way you said that feels like you're telling us you've never had any black voice actors before now? >_>

Funimation:
Image result for nervous shrek

Well they are hiring more actors of color in dubs.  Still though.

7 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Think I'm gonna be stupidly stuck working a couple of Sundays for a few weeks, so next week I'll probably only have time to watch the first couple of shows live :(

time to enjoy it extra tonight

Aww shit. Tonight will be good tho

• Like 2

1 minute ago, elfie said:

Well they are hiring more actors of color in dubs.  Still though.

I'm aware....just that them patting themselves on the back for it doesn't make them look better XD, it just draws attention to how long they went without any XD

1 minute ago, HardcoreHunter said:

I almost forgot that Ochako and Momo are still up top fighting that one guy, probably being super useful and shit. 

f72.png

Forgot about Froppy too. One of the breakout popular girls in the show and she doesn't even get a strong role in this arc?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mochi said:

I'm aware....just that them patting themselves on the back for it doesn't make them look better XD, it just draws attention to how long they went without any XD

I also think more black people have become interested in Anime and Voice acting; they love DBZ even if they don't watch anything else, it's strange at times. 

• Like 1

Just now, HardcoreHunter said:

I also think more black people have become interested in Anime and Voice acting; they love DBZ even if they don't watch anything else, it's strange at times. 

It's not like they NEVER cast black actors in dubs before, but I find it odd that it's only happening regularly now.

5 minutes ago, rpgamer said:

Dammit, Deku, what's the fucking point of having a cowl on your costume if you never fucking wear it. This is the real deal, start acting like it.

He never wears it because it looks stupid, but the author won't redesign it for some reason.

1 minute ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Black folks have always been big anime fans

specifically DBZ and Naruto have HUGE black fanbases

DBZ I'm not so sure I understand why....but Naruto I can understand better since some of the Ninja's are Black and they're drawn in a surprisngly inoffensive looking way
Image result for naruto Omoi

• Like 1