UnevenEdge

Oof... an Anituber uploaded a two hour video about Bleach... should I watch it?

Lytbryt

Anituber is Strike 1.

Two hour video is Strike 2.

And Bleach is Strike 3. 

I don’t think it’ll present any new information you couldn’t deduce from general knowledge about Bleach’s unfortunate decline. But it should be fine to play in the background while you’re doing other things. 

Edited by Chapzilla_2000
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I got about 15 minutes in and it turned into what I was afraid it was gonna turn into.... a refutation of Super Eyepatch Wolf's three year old video on BLEACH... Maybe it gets into other territory later on but this is gonna be a mega SKIP for me plus he talks way too fast as goes really out of his way to defend Ichigo character traits YAWN

Edited by Lytbryt

35 minutes ago, Lytbryt said:

I got about 15 minutes in and it turned into what I was afraid it was gonna turn into.... a refutation of Super Eyepatch Wolf's three year old video on BLEACH... Maybe it gets into other territory later on but this is gonna be a mega SKIP for me plus he talks way too fast as goes really out of his way to defend Ichigo character traits YAWN

Did the guy just fester in his grudge over Super Handsome Wolf for 3 years!?

2 minutes ago, elfie said:

Did the guy just fester in his grudge over Super Handsome Wolf for 3 years!?

Idk and you know fair enough Super Eyepatch Wolf got a few things wrong in his video but he already made another video adressing those inaccuracies I cant imagine he drones on about one video for two hours, probably talks about other stuff but it was just such an obvious ploy and it comes across like he feels personally attacked because he likes BLEACH and feels compelled to defend the series because he likes it not because he thinks it needs to be stanned. Maybe I'm wrong but thats all this monstrosity of a video essay seems to be about

23 minutes ago, Lytbryt said:

Idk and you know fair enough Super Eyepatch Wolf got a few things wrong in his video but he already made another video adressing those inaccuracies I cant imagine he drones on about one video for two hours, probably talks about other stuff but it was just such an obvious ploy and it comes across like he feels personally attacked because he likes BLEACH and feels compelled to defend the series because he likes it not because he thinks it needs to be stanned. Maybe I'm wrong but thats all this monstrosity of a video essay seems to be about

So it seems like this guy has some valid points. I just wish this 2-hour video, which must've taken a ton of his time and effort and energy to make, didn't seems to arise from someone butthurt over an anime analyst who's much more famous than him. He also gets some things wrong. If the point of the video was that he suddenly saw a ton of false claims about Bleach's downfall and wanted to make them all clear in one place, how come he targetted Super Eyepatch Wolf in particular?  How about the other Youtubers? The accusation that Kubo stopped drawing backgrounds, and that it became cool to hate Bleach, all happened BEFORE Super Eyepatch Wolf uploaded his video. He makes the excuse "wel I'm not saying that Super Eyepatch Wolf started all these things", only to then say he did?

Edited by elfie
  • Thanks 1

2hrs is far too long of a video. That should be broken into multiple segments for a series of videos. He'd actually get far more people willing to watch it then. 
Also I tend to avoid videos where they're mainly just calling out other anitubers. It gets annoying and it usually assumes that I'm up to date on every person on youtube who talks about anime. The other thing I hate that anitubers do is talking to an anime character as if it's their friend they're giving advice to. I don't know how many reviews I've turned off when I start to hear "Yo my man (characters name) you gotta great bod, you don't need to be stressin out dawg; just be you. Ya know what I'm sayin, shiet be crazy aight". It happens a lot more than you'd think in Naruto and DBZ videos. The last two things that will make me skip a video are overly cringe OC to represent the person, using a fake voice, and arguing with people like their popular opinion is really that much of a hot take.  "insert someone saying they think rukia/orihime is an over rated character, insert the eye roll while they do a dumb voice of the other side of their argument, insert a winced face telling people to calm down let them explain, etc".  

Well the first red flag is that they're advertising it as some "documentary" instead of just being up front that it's them whining about why people don't like their favorite show for two goddamn hours.

Stay tuned for my own person documentary in which, over the course of three and a half hours, I painstakingly explain why I'm not a terrible person for wanting to fuck Endeavor despite all the heinous shit he's done. In Defense of Fire Daddy | Documentary (2020) coming soon!

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, EmpressAngel said:

Well the first red flag is that they're advertising it as some "documentary" instead of just being up front that it's them whining about why people don't like their favorite show for two goddamn hours.

Stay tuned for my own person documentary in which, over the course of three and a half hours, I painstakingly explain why I'm not a terrible person for wanting to fuck Endeavor despite all the heinous shit he's done. In Defense of Fire Daddy | Documentary (2020) coming soon!

Well we basically up and combs through the entire plot and then explains how each event influences Ichigo's decisions in the following arcs. That's why the video is 2 hours. We get it. Kubo throught through his story better than people think. That point could've been just stated in a single paragraph.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, elfie said:

Well we basically up and combs through the entire plot and then explains how each event influences Ichigo's decisions in the following arcs. That's why the video is 2 hours. We get it. Kubo throught through his story better than people think. That point could've been just stated in a single paragraph.

Rite its like he felt like he needed to justify every thing Ichigo did in the series for some reason

On 1/20/2020 at 7:01 PM, EmpressAngel said:

I'm telling your parents.

• Haha 3