UnevenEdge

What will Toonami be airing on 2/8/20 at 12:30 AM???

Currently, we know that One-Punch Man will be showing its final episode on 1/11/20, which means the midnight timeslot on 1/18/20 is unknown right now.

So, what do YOU think Toonami will be airing in this timeslot? Will it be something new, or will they just move shows up to give a rerun to One-Punch Man Season 2?

EDIT: Mystery solved. Sword Art Online: Alicization - War Of Underworld premieres 1/18/20 at Midnight. So, next mystery: what's replacing Fire Force (Season 1) on 2/8/20?

[c'mon Star Blazers...]

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Confused 2

Another rerun announcement would be a letdown for sure.

I’m going with a recent show that just started up ID: INVADED. Usually these newer shows require last minute announcements because Funimation HAS to start streaming them first to get their audience.  It’s Aniplex also.

if it was SAO, they’d be able to tell us now 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, brianycpht said:

Another rerun announcement would be a letdown for sure.

I’m going with a recent show that just started up ID: INVADED. Usually these newer shows require last minute announcements because Funimation HAS to start streaming them first to get their audience.  It’s Aniplex also.

if it was SAO, they’d be able to tell us now 

ID: INVADED isn't Aniplex, it's Kadokawa. But both it and Plunderer stand a good chance of being FUNimation simuldubs on Toonami early this year.

Either would be a much greater risk than Fire Force and Dr. Stone were so that would Dimension W territory and it would be an interesting move.

I'm rather hoping for Mob and they'd probably run the Reigan OVA before starting season 2 which may be one reason they are putting off the announcement with the logic that one is a special and could just have 1 weeks notice if need be while it builds in 2 weeks notice for season 2 coming.

I fully expect they will roll right into season two of Food Wars without a delay because it's certainly not lagging behind the other shows and probably isn't cost prohibitive. They likely already secured the first two seasons at the same time.

It sure is frustrating that they almost always don't announce additions to the line-up until they are two weeks away from airing but I fully expect an announcement this week.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Sketch said:

ID: INVADED isn't Aniplex, it's Kadokawa. But both it and Plunderer stand a good chance of being FUNimation simuldubs on Toonami early this year.

Either would be a much greater risk than Fire Force and Dr. Stone were so that would Dimension W territory and it would be an interesting move.

I'm rather hoping for Mob and they'd probably run the Reigan OVA before starting season 2 which may be one reason they are putting off the announcement with the logic that one is a special and could just have 1 weeks notice if need be while it builds in 2 weeks notice for season 2 coming.

I fully expect they will roll right into season two of Food Wars without a delay because it's certainly not lagging behind the other shows and probably isn't cost prohibitive. They likely already secured the first two seasons at the same time.

It sure is frustrating that they almost always don't announce additions to the line-up until they are two weeks away from airing but I fully expect an announcement this week.

I’m still 100% certain we get Mob at some point early this year. I know the Reigen special was mistakenly announced to air last year and it would be a good recap of s1. I wonder though where they would slot it? Would they put Fire Force on hiatus again right before it finishes for something like that? I think the smarter move is to replace Fire Force with Mob and give Food Wars a week off since it’s older and not near it’s finale.

I do agree we’ll get an announcement this week, even if it’s a stall schedule. They pretty much have to. 

I would like to see them continue to pick up unknown newer anime with a tighter but reasonable schedule with Funimation. I’d live to see Funimation actually let them premeire something and have a deal like Titan, but I don’t think it can happen that way anymore 

Edited by brianycpht

4 hours ago, Sketch said:

It can still happen but it’s gonna take a little thing called money.

Amen to that. The question is, do they even care enough about getting first rights to spend the money? In their eyes, does it even make a difference if a good chunk of the audience won't tune in and just wait until streaming anyway? 

1 hour ago, brianycpht said:

Amen to that. The question is, do they even care enough about getting first rights to spend the money? In their eyes, does it even make a difference if a good chunk of the audience won't tune in and just wait until streaming anyway? 

I think the answer to that is they don’t really sweat it.

22 minutes ago, Sketch said:

I think the answer to that is they don’t really sweat it.

I know they don’t and I think they should because they seem to be ok with second dibs on things, but for a person like me who has access to everything but wants to support the block it’s frustrating. They hardly ever announce a show until its streaming for several weeks. It makes me very weary of starting anything on FN. A lot of people will just not watch the Toonami airing if they’ve already started it elsewhere. In this case, the information that it will air on a delay would be helpful, but they seldom give us that. 

I actually waited 2 years for MHA. I finally relented and streamed the first season. Then they announced it for the block the next week

I’m sure they’ll say that their target is people who don’t stream, but I wish they’d set their sights bigger than that- it’s probably too late though 

Edited by brianycpht

3 hours ago, Bookend47 said:

Boogiepop and Others, hopefully 

Image result for trump wrong gif

Honestly, I'm mildly surprised. They're rolling this one out a full 3 weeks earlier than its predecessor, and restoring it to the timeslot it left (though the majority of its run was at 12:30, the last 2 episodes aired at midnight) to boot!

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Haha 1
  • D'oh 2

1 hour ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Image result for trump wrong gif

Honestly, I'm mildly surprised. They're rolling this one out a full 3 weeks earlier than its predecessor, and restoring it to the timeslot it left (though the majority of its run was at 12:30, the last 2 episodes aired at midnight) to boot!

That was quick, and is a pleasant surprise. Darn though, well there's still Dr.Stone and Fire Force's replacements coming up.