UnevenEdge

Ready for trick or treaters

Poof

"Every day is Halloween for me..." :D

I don't do anything super elaborate anymore because I haven't had a trick-or-treater in over a decade now and that makes me sad.

I still buy candy though. <.< >.> Peanut butter cups are medicinal. Honest. 

I do put a really crappy cardboard cutout Walking Dead mask on the kitty that hangs on my door though that fits over the head perfectly. The day after I put it on, I heard one of the neighbor's kids running in the hall while her mom was doing laundry and she screamed when she saw it. Made my day. :D I think she's run up to the door every day since whenever she's in the hall to laugh at the evil kitty.

And there's a broom that's been hovering by the ceiling since 2002 that just doesn't want to come down. There's currently a Howler ornament hanging from the tip. :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, katt_goddess said:

"Every day is Halloween for me..." :D

I don't do anything super elaborate anymore because I haven't had a trick-or-treater in over a decade now and that makes me sad.

I still buy candy though. <.< >.> Peanut butter cups are medicinal. Honest. 

I do put a really crappy cardboard cutout Walking Dead mask on the kitty that hangs on my door though that fits over the head perfectly. The day after I put it on, I heard one of the neighbor's kids running in the hall while her mom was doing laundry and she screamed when she saw it. Made my day. :D I think she's run up to the door every day since whenever she's in the hall to laugh at the evil kitty.

And there's a broom that's been hovering by the ceiling since 2002 that just doesn't want to come down. There's currently a Howler ornament hanging from the tip. :D 

No trick or treaters bc you're in an apartment? 

I can only decorate like this bc I'm at my parents'. At the last apt complex I lived at, ppl would get chairs, sit outside w/candy bowls, and trick or treaters went around gathering candy. It was nice for the kids that were stuck there.

Im not dressing up this year. I should tho cuz im extra sexy these days...i just dont have the energy. I have my vampire teeth somewhere from last year but the idea of using them again after they sat for a year seems gross and i didnt think to buy new ones.

I guess i could get a witch hat from work and the vampire shirt i wore can double as a witch shirt....but nah fuck it.

We are going to a huge halloween party for kids..i dont have the patience for trick or treating..even a trunk o treat

Mind u this all is probably the depression talking LOL but Halloween has been a chore now that i have a kid who i gotta make sure has a good time but is safe...which is hard going door to door with how crazy shit is these days..and then most people dont even give out candy like that anymore...its depressing.

Last year we saw a movie and stayed in and made slime even tho i dressed up.

Hardly any trick or treaters came to the door last year...and fuck i just realized..i forgot to get candy, too

Im just looking forward to Thanksgiving and relaxing with time off and getting a bedroom set on black Friday..im over Halloween which used to be my favorite holiday...by now id have Manson on repeat...havent even done that

23 hours ago, Poof said:

No trick or treaters bc you're in an apartment? 

I can only decorate like this bc I'm at my parents'. At the last apt complex I lived at, ppl would get chairs, sit outside w/candy bowls, and trick or treaters went around gathering candy. It was nice for the kids that were stuck there.

I used to get them way back when I first moved to this building but people just don't trick-or-treat much anymore. They go set up their cars in different store parking lots and go trunk-or-treating instead or they have parents that lock them in a church basement for the evening if it's on a weekend. :( I even used to give away toys with the candy - there was a claw game that I couldn't lose at and I'd just play that thing on and off all year, toss the stuffed toys in a tote and let kids pick a toy for the road. Halloween was the one holiday that you could actually get your moneys worth if you put in the effort when I was little and it's mah jam. And it's not possible to really set up outside the building to hand out stuff because it's trying to snow right now. Tomorrow is supposed to be even colder. 

I've been here for almost 20 years now. I have lights hanging in the window year round, Toothless George the pet human skull on the bookcase, the flying broom that's been on the ceiling since 2002, and just all sorts of delightfully witchy crap everywhere. I've been here so long that basically my original security deposit now earns interest so as long as I don't put my foot through a wall or something, I'd get a check should I leave. :D 

23 hours ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Why are they going into your house? Why does it look like you set romantic festive mood lighting? Did you Bill Cosby the Candy bowl? 

They arent coming in you fucking creep. Did you ever go trick or treating or did your dad just throw u in the forest again? You see into the house when u go to the door.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 🍑Side Piece McSlutty Tits said:

Im not dressing up this year. I should tho cuz im extra sexy these days...i just dont have the energy. I have my vampire teeth somewhere from last year but the idea of using them again after they sat for a year seems gross and i didnt think to buy new ones.

I guess i could get a witch hat from work and the vampire shirt i wore can double as a witch shirt....but nah fuck it.

We are going to a huge halloween party for kids..i dont have the patience for trick or treating..even a trunk o treat

Mind u this all is probably the depression talking LOL but Halloween has been a chore now that i have a kid who i gotta make sure has a good time but is safe...which is hard going door to door with how crazy shit is these days..and then most people dont even give out candy like that anymore...its depressing.

Last year we saw a movie and stayed in and made slime even tho i dressed up.

How are things crazy?

24 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

I used to get them way back when I first moved to this building but people just don't trick-or-treat much anymore. They go set up their cars in different store parking lots and go trunk-or-treating instead or they have parents that lock them in a church basement for the evening if it's on a weekend. :( I even used to give away toys with the candy - there was a claw game that I couldn't lose at and I'd just play that thing on and off all year, toss the stuffed toys in a tote and let kids pick a toy for the road. Halloween was the one holiday that you could actually get your moneys worth if you put in the effort when I was little and it's mah jam. And it's not possible to really set up outside the building to hand out stuff because it's trying to snow right now. Tomorrow is supposed to be even colder. 

I've been here for almost 20 years now. I have lights hanging in the window year round, Toothless George the pet human skull on the bookcase, the flying broom that's been on the ceiling since 2002, and just all sorts of delightfully witchy crap everywhere. I've been here so long that basically my original security deposit now earns interest so as long as I don't put my foot through a wall or something, I'd get a check should I leave. :D 

What is trunk or treating?

7 minutes ago, Poof said:

What is trunk or treating?

People park their cars and open their trunks where they keep a tote with candy. Kids go from car trunk to car trunk and do their candy begging that way. Some people consider it a safer alternative to traditional trick-or-treating and it sort of is [ open areas, lots of parents right there, bright lights ] but at the same time it's just lazy. You end up with fat kids wheezing their way from one car to the next for sugar bombs when they really should be walking those future calories off the old fashioned way. :D

5 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

People park their cars and open their trunks where they keep a tote with candy. Kids go from car trunk to car trunk and do their candy begging that way. Some people consider it a safer alternative to traditional trick-or-treating and it sort of is [ open areas, lots of parents right there, bright lights ] but at the same time it's just lazy. You end up with fat kids wheezing their way from one car to the next for sugar bombs when they really should be walking those future calories off the old fashioned way. :D

Wtf is the point thats not even trick or treating. This whole thread makes me what to rip all these decorations down

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mr Owl said:

artsrec-trunkortreat___10163320996.jpg.66f52c181eed17be7e2b9b49e4b9c98d.jpgsquare-1444770437-delish-trunk-or-treat-peanuts.jpg.b8a9b189e4fb8f1a1168a11f32adc821.jpg

For some reason its becoming very popular 

Reading up on it.

I don't get it.

Why take your kids to trick or treat at church? That's exactly where kids get abused. Just let them run around the neighborhood away from the priests. It's safer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Poof said:

Reading up on it.

I don't get it.

Why take your kids to trick or treat at church? That's exactly where kids get abused. Just let them run around the neighborhood away from the priests. It's safer.

Well some places hold it at city hall near the police station 

On 10/30/2019 at 10:09 PM, katt_goddess said:

Not only is it safer, but it teaches kids that there is always free candy in vehicles. 

free-candy.jpg

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Not only is it safer, but it teaches kids that there is always free candy in vehicles. 

free-candy.jpg

Especially in WalMart parking lots. They have the most vans and the bestest candy. 

20 hours ago, helpme said:

High in sugar  calories and fat 

............…

Winter is coming. :| 

19 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

I actually had to walk through like 2 miles of woods before I reached a housing plan when I was a kid. All those woods are gone now though and there is a housing plan there. 

5545.JPG

How many bodies are buried there?

2 minutes ago, Poof said:

How many bodies are buried there?

I mean...There were a lot. My family had a grave yard back there, well over 40 bodies. Then there were the servants who were buried on the grounds. The bodies got relocated though. I fell in a grave one time and was stuck, until my dad and brother found me at like 2am. Nothing quite like falling into an open grave where the grave marker has your last name on it. Funny enough the cement place on the left makes caskets and grave vaults. But yeah there were probably over 100 bodies if you count the old abandoned church and the grave next to it that were in the woods. Think the church was built by my 5th great grandfather. Either way are was haunted as fuck.

76710767_10157407124956147_5263512825321488384_o.jpg

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

I mean...There were a lot. My family had a grave yard back there, well over 40 bodies. Then there were the servants who were buried on the grounds. The bodies got relocated though. I fell in a grave one time and was stuck, until my dad and brother found me at like 2am. Nothing quite like falling into an open grave where the grave marker has your last name on it. Funny enough the cement place on the left makes caskets and grave vaults. But yeah there were probably over 100 bodies if you count the old abandoned church and the grave next to it that were in the woods. Think the church was built by my 5th great grandfather. Either way are was haunted as fuck.

76710767_10157407124956147_5263512825321488384_o.jpg

Ok thats it you're a serial killer I'm sure of it

Oh here's a picture of my great grandmother which has a funny story. One of the servants daughters that was friends with my great grandma was washing clothes in the children. However she was too short to stir the pot properly so she had to stand ontop of a crate. Though the crate gave way and she fell into the boiling water and died of burns. Then her ghost has haunted the old apple orchard since, though the apple orchard isn't there anymore and they put houses there, but no family has lived in the house for longer than a few months. Have already seen 9 people move in and out of that house this year alone. For me it's a funny story, other's might see it as tragic. Either way that copper pot is still in my yard. I remember calling it a witches cauldron when I was little. Also possibly cursed and or haunted. It's funny because people don't know how anyone lives in a haunted house, but I'm like meh you'll be surprised at what you can learn to live with. 

74967_1144795198884180_964805975143187862_n.jpg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

my great grandma was washing clothes in the children.

Your great gma was silly. Washing clothes in the pot you cook the children with. What a goose

That is pretty cool tho. I've never been scared of ghosts either. I'd like to believe in them but I've never seen anything to make me believe

Also your great gma looks like the guy from aphex twin

Edited by Poof

18 minutes ago, renjifan said:

Cute! ☺️

I never get any trick-or-treaters at my place, so I tagged along to take my nephew. He's two and his excitement was so stinkin' adorable!

Thats the thing to do. Go to where the action is. All the trick or treaters I got were really young like that. There were no teens at all

10 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

It's funny because people don't know how anyone lives in a haunted house, but I'm like meh you'll be surprised at what you can learn to live with. 

My parent's house is for sure haunted. Weird stuff has always happened there. I think I maybe told this story on the old boards, but one time I found a class ring from 1968 in one of my shoes that I wore every single day. And it wasn't even from our school district. I showed my mom and siblings, then set it aside and went to school. Came home and it was nowhere to be found, and haven't seen it since.

There are so many more stories - hearing my name being whispered, lights being on that we know we had turned off, stuff out of it's normal place. My sister says she once saw a cup go flying off the counter. And then our dogs see stuff. One of them has growled at the hallway and kitchen on two separate occasions, and wouldn't go near them because she was so scared...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Poof said:

Your great gma was silly. Washing clothes in the pot you cook the children with. What a goose

That is pretty cool tho. I've never been scared of ghosts either. I'd like to believe in them but I've never seen anything to make me believe

Also your great gma looks like the guy from aphex twin

The tricky thing about cooking children in the laundry pot, is that you never want to get your whites mixed in with your colors. They have to be done separately.  My other ggm was a one room school house teacher, not relevant. But most of what I learned about a lot of that stuff was from the one who was a school house teacher, because she lived to be 100, so long enough to talk shit on everyone else. 

Yeah I don't blame you for not believing in them. I don't believe the majority of ghost stories I hear myself. Anytime I do find one that is real I'm just like well, that sucks; move or learn to live with it I suppose. I'm also one of those people who if there I a spider on my wall I am just content to living my life knowing that I now share my home with a spider rather than bother with getting rid of it. I think a lot of people assume that you're some sort of exorcist when you live in a well known haunted area, rather than just having the ability to give as few fucks as possible and exert the most minimal of effort needed for a situation. 

8 minutes ago, renjifan said:

My parent's house is for sure haunted. Weird stuff has always happened there. I think I maybe told this story on the old boards, but one time I found a class ring from 1968 in one of my shoes that I wore every single day. And it wasn't even from our school district. I showed my mom and siblings, then set it aside and went to school. Came home and it was nowhere to be found, and haven't seen it since.

There are so many more stories - hearing my name being whispered, lights being on that we know we had turned off, stuff out of it's normal place. My sister says she once saw a cup go flying off the counter. And then our dogs see stuff. One of them has growled at the hallway and kitchen on two separate occasions, and wouldn't go near them because she was so scared...

Really it's only annoying when shit breaks because then I have to spend money. Used to things like the sink or shower turning on, drawers being ransacked and all the shit in them thrown about, lights blowing up, one time a box fan levitated off the ground and slammed against the wall. My brother was in the room for that one, his reaction was pretty funny. You'll sometimes hear people having full conversations. Also my dogs tend to hate the ever loving hell out of some of the ghosts. Possibly more creepy is when your dog just goes stares at an empty corner and barks for as long as you allow it.  I  also stored away any of the old music boxes because they'll play a few times a day if I don't.  I also remember one time finding a bunch of hair everywhere like giant clumps of it.

Yeah though sounds kinda similar to some of my experiences. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Oh here's a picture of my great grandmother which has a funny story. One of the servants daughters that was friends with my great grandma was washing clothes in the children. However she was too short to stir the pot properly so she had to stand ontop of a crate. Though the crate gave way and she fell into the boiling water and died of burns. …

o.O Are we related? 

I had a great-great-cousin [ something like that ] that was helping with the big pot, fell in and drowned as well! 😮

The house I grew up in was haunted as well. There was a one room schoolhouse on the property that had been converted to a garage but there was stuff still in there if you knew where to look [ like one of the blinds in the back was actually an old pull down map and the cast iron wood stove was original to the building ] . The teacher's name was Elizabeth and she died on the property, may have even been buried in the neighbor's yard because there are 'bumps' in the ground that are a little too regular to be just ground swells. When I was born, she moved into the house. You could hear her walking up and down the stairs and she would make coffee on the gas stove whenever she was feeling useful. 

We also had 'sprite' which was a little blue ball that hid things. He followed me to college but seemed to disappear around senior year. 

• Like 1