UnevenEdge

just left work for the last time

Naraku4656

56 minutes ago, 🍬Candy🍬 said:

lol.. so you dont get any time off to slack off huh

well im glad we now have a new job to read all about

oh no i got time. i don't start until the 23rd but they wanted me to come take my badge picture and do my I-9. i'm closer there from my old office then from my house so i just went straight there

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Oh boy, even sterner lectures from nabs about how you're ruining your life and you'd be so much happier making minimum wage at a dive bar.

slightly more money, more corporate, stricter dress code, and no open office (it has actual cubicles). nabs can bite me

• Haha 1

Just now, 🍬Candy🍬 said:

Sounds like more pressure. Are cubicles a good thing? Mine was triggering me today because my coworkers wouldn't stfu

that's kind of what i need i think. more opportunities to learn and grow, more problems to fix. need to climb the corporate ladder one way or another

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Naraku4656 said:

i'm still half scared they're going to realize that the offer was a mistake lol. i'm like you where i don't believe a job is real until i start working there

I think I'm only like that because one year I was trying to get a summer job in college and some place I interviewed at acted like they were interested in hiring me and then ghosted me. 

Just now, Athena 92 said:

I think I'm only like that because one year I was trying to get a summer job in college and some place I interviewed at acted like they were interested in hiring me and then ghosted me. 

i've had that happen more often than i'd like to admit. at least the new manager answered my question today when i wanted to double check the start time (since the orientation started an hour earlier i wasn't sure if that was the normal start time or not)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Naraku4656 said:

i've had that happen more often than i'd like to admit. at least the new manager answered my question today when i wanted to double check the start time (since the orientation started an hour earlier i wasn't sure if that was the normal start time or not)

You did i9 and badge...dont be ridiculous 

🙄

And so it begins.

I keep taking all this time off from my job and they still let me hang around. 

Im trying to work a full week next week.maybe go to one doctors appt. But should leave u alone because im just like u. Every Friday i wait for them to fire me for using all this fmla. They dont and i go home on friday like YES!.

My issues are settling down so im going to stop taking so much time so im not freaking out every week.

I got an email from my manager this week telling me to use my sick time...heart dropped...life flashed before my eyes...but it was no big deal

I kinda want them to fire me cuz im sick of being there in so many ways

Just be thankful to have a job at all in the end

12 minutes ago, Naraku4656 said:

that's kind of what i need i think. more opportunities to learn and grow, more problems to fix. need to climb the corporate ladder one way or another

... well if hardwork and charisma don't work .... guess you better get good at sucking dick

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, 🍬Candy🍬 said:

Sounds like more pressure. Are cubicles a good thing? Mine was triggering me today because my coworkers wouldn't stfu

>.>

I like the cubicle at my internship because I can eat my snacks and nobody will notice 

But then I'm usually on the go so I'm not there for a whole 8 hours 

5 minutes ago, 🍬Candy🍬 said:

I said none of those things. I have bipolar and hundreds of hours of therapy and even hospitalizations to back up what i just said Mmkay?

I mean I'm not denying that positive thinking is a good thing and can help anxiety. But you literally said "don't be ridiculous". Implying that it's ridiculous to think the way he's thinking. Like, when I've felt the way Naraku is feeling I'm completely aware of how irrational it is. Doesn't make me feel any less anxious about it. 

1 hour ago, Naraku4656 said:

slightly more money, more corporate, stricter dress code, and no open office (it has actual cubicles). nabs can bite me

more opportunities to learn and grow, more problems to fix. need to climb the corporate ladder one way or another

19 minutes ago, Naraku4656 said:

what do people do on weekdays when they don't work. i've been home an hour and i'm already bored

Holy fuck, your brain is ruined.

Just now, Ginguy said:

Good.

And a new job with more pay and better opportunities. Well done.

with this and the promotion i had earlier this year, it's an 18% increase from what i was making last year. but that being said i'm not getting one next year so it's really 9% per year which still isn't bad

with this and the promotion i had earlier this year, it's an 18% increase from what i was making last year. but that being said i'm not getting one next year so it's really 9% per year which still isn't bad

Once my annual review gets approved (my 1 year anniversary was July 9 btw) I'll be making anywhere from 2-4% more than I was last year.

Spare a ramen noodle?

2 minutes ago, Athena 92 said:

Once my annual review gets approved (my 1 year anniversary was July 9 btw) I'll be making anywhere from 2-4% more than I was last year.

Spare a ramen noodle?

in all fairness i'm not seeing any of that money. health care costs are greatly increasing for me and i'm losing some 401k benefits. with all of that, it doesn't put me that far ahead of where i am now.

Wish I got 9% a year.

You did the right thing.

You make your own reality, it is perfectly fine to learn 2 code and to get paid.

Don't listen to trash goblins who want you to fail so they have company at the bottom of the ladder.

32 minutes ago, Ginguy said:

Wish I got 9% a year.

You did the right thing.

You make your own reality, it is perfectly fine to learn 2 code and to get paid.

Don't listen to trash goblins who want you to fail so they have company at the bottom of the ladder.

i don't normally get that much, this year was a strong one in terms of that. i'm also probably a bad example because i'm a work horse. whatever the boss man says, i do. even sometimes on vacations, but that comes with the territory i suppose.

On 9/12/2019 at 1:40 PM, Naraku4656 said:

nothing is ever certain in life

True. I one time for sure had a job I applied for only for them to say oh we chose someone else at the very last minute.

So where/what are you working/doing now? Oh and why did you quit your other job? Did you know you were getting this one before or after you quit?

Edited by DBZ4ever