UnevenEdge

So something I've noticed... One Piece has a harem element. Lol

moose

I have been accused of overthinking and nitpicking before (and I do do that) and maybe it wouldn't have popped into my head if Jman never brought it up, but you're crazy if you think no one else has had this complaint.  I mean, there's armadas of obnoxious shippers online.  You really think none of them wants their fictions made reality?  Well, "reality" in the canon fiction, lol.  That and you probably run in circles full of fanboys and fangirls.

I would be funny just to see you get trolled if that happened. >:D

I'm around quite a number of fans and non-fans. Usually people praise OP's lack of romance. But whatever...

I'm around quite a number of fans and non-fans. Usually people praise OP's lack of romance. But whatever...

I'm not saying it's bad that it doesn't have romance.  I'm saying it's annoying because the show does all this other stuff to call attention to that fact, like sexualized characters, Sanji's schtick which is wearing thin, and especially, groan-inducing lines like "I'M A PIRATE!  I'M INTERESTED IN ADVENTURE, NOT ROMANCE!"

I'm not saying it's bad that it doesn't have romance.  I'm saying it's annoying because the show does all this other stuff to call attention to that fact, like sexualized characters, Sanji's schtick which is wearing thin, and especially, groan-inducing lines like "I'M A PIRATE!  I'M INTERESTED IN ADVENTURE, NOT ROMANCE!"

Annoying is a negative reaction, which means you're calling this nonsensical gripe a bad thing.

By the way, that line was semi-altered by FUNi. In the Japanese version she simply says she want to travel the world, not end up in love.

How is that bad? Many women don't want to be tied down in order for them to travel the world. What is your beef with people not wanting to be in a relationship? Especially in this case  ehere the guy was a FUCKING MAN WITH A LION MOUTH SOWED ONTO HIS FACE. This complaint makes no sense to me and it reeks of you randomly throwing shit and hoping it hits.

But... keep nitpicking guys. I'll be in the corner where we don't take such things so seriously from a wacky shounen series.

Annoying is a negative reaction, which means you're calling this nonsensical gripe a bad thing.

By the way, that line was semi-altered by FUNi. In the Japanese version she simply says she want to travel the world, not end up in love.

It's not a nonsensical gripe when the show is being hypocritical.

I don't see how that's any better.  In fact, it sounds even worse.  She wants to travel the world but not end up in love?  Really?  STUPID.

As I said, it would've been much simpler if Nami had simply said she wasn't interested in being with him.  He's a gross pervert mostly made out of recycled dead animal parts.  It's understandable.  Instead, we're obnoxiously force fed this whole spiel of putting THE ADVENTURE above falling in love... ::) Because Oda just couldn't resist.

It's not a nonsensical gripe when the show is being hypocritical.

I don't see how that's any better.  In fact, it sounds even worse.  She wants to travel the world but not end up in love?  Really?  STUPID.

As I said, it would've been much simpler if Nami had simply said she wasn't interested in being with him.  He's a gross pervert mostly made out of recycled dead animal parts.  It's understandable.  Instead, we're obnoxiously force fed this whole spiel of putting THE ADVENTURE above falling in love... ::) Because Oda just couldn't resist.

Smh, this is a waste of time. I can't take this gripe seriously.

Think what you want. I'm done arguing over this petty matter.

I hope you show this level of nitpickyness to other shows. because if this is who you are, then Dragonball as a whole must be damn-well unwatchable.  :D

How is that bad? Many women don't want to be tied down in order for them to travel the world. What is your beef with people not wanting to be in a relationship? Especially in this case  ehere the guy was a FUCKING MAN WITH A LION MOUTH SOWED ONTO HIS FACE. This complaint makes no sense to me and it reeks of you randomly throwing shit and hoping it hits.

But... keep nitpicking guys. I'll be in the corner where we don't take such things so seriously from a wacky shounen series.

Plenty of people, women included, are capable of jet setting and traveling the world, all the while with someone, or meeting people, hooking up with them.

She didn't say that, though, did she?  She didn't say she didn't want to be with that guy in particular.  That would've actually made sense.  Instead, the show calls attention to the NO ROMANCE ONLY ADVENTURE thing as transparently, right in front of your face as possible, by having a character literally say it. ::)

Plenty of people, women included, are capable of jet setting and traveling the world, all the while with someone, or meeting people, hooking up with them.

She didn't say that, though, did she?  She didn't say she didn't want to be with that guy in particular.  That would've actually made sense.  Instead, the show calls attention to the NO ROMANCE ONLY ADVENTURE thing as transparently, right in front of your face as possible, by having a character literally say it. ::)

It's fine, Ben. Think what you want. You're free to. I don't agree with your gripe, but I'll leave it at that. Just remember that I'll remember you being hyper-critical with OP, when you're watching other series with a plethora of problems like Dragonball and Fairy Tail. So when I see you be more forgiving with their faults.... be prepared to be labeled bias as fuh.

It's fine, Ben. Think what you want. You're free to. I don't agree with your gripe, but I'll leave it at that. Just remember that I'll remember you being hyper-critical with OP, when you're watching other series with a plethora of problems like Dragonball and Fairy Tail. So when I see you be more forgiving with their faults.... be prepared to be labeled bias as fuh.

It's not bias.  Certain shit just really sticks in my craw.  If any other show pulled something like "I'M INTERESTED IN ADVENTURE, NOT ROMANCE!" I'd bitch too.

It's not bias.  Certain shit just really sticks in my craw.  If any other show pulled something like "I'M INTERESTED IN ADVENTURE, NOT ROMANCE!" I'd bitch too.

Well, I don't mean the exact same gripe, but  I expect you to inspect all the other shonen with a magnifying glass like you currently doing with One Piece. Because if you're this critical because of this.... THIS.... then the far greater problems rampant in other shonens like FT and DB muct eat way at your skin... if you were fair.

Well, I don't mean the exact same gripe, but  I expect you to inspect all the other shonen with a magnifying glass like you currently doing with One Piece. Because if you're this critical because of this.... THIS.... then the far greater problems rampant in other shonens like FT and DB muct eat way at your skin... if you were fair.

I inspect everything with a magnifying glass pretty much.  Not much escapes my notice.  Certain things I can forgive more than others and certain things piss me off more than others.  If something bothers me, you can believe you'll hear about it.  Not like I never had any criticism for either of those series, either.

It happens. I've gone up four cup sizes since I was in high school, despite my weight actually going down. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Which I've said before is plausible, especially since people grow well into their early 20s.  So it was justifiable for Nami.  Don't see how it could work for Robin, though, since she was near 30, unless she had a baby during the timeskip or something.

Wait, you just said since high school until now?  Before you had said it was since high school through college.  Hmm, maybe it is possible then.

Still...

Pics or it didn't happen. 8) :P

The One Piece criticism will continue until it is off the block and morale subsequently improves.

that's awesome, but don't troll our members and the threads of those who are simply attempting to have a good time discussing a show that they enjoy.

We all know you're a lousy hater. So fuck off. I'm fucking tired of your bullshit.

If you want to get away with flaming somebody, try the Rants/Editorials board.  In the Media sections, if you can't make your discussion points without additional flames, then don't make them at all plz.

If you want to get away with flaming somebody, try the Rants/Editorials board.  In the Media sections, if you can't make your discussion points without additional flames, then don't make them at all plz.

Sorry, Jman just sets me off. He really needs to be dealt with.

I'm the one that needs to be dealt with?  Who's the one cursing people out for not liking a show?

Just a reaction for you constantly being a overwhelming jerk. You always initiate it, not me.

Ruining threads just because you hate One Piece is a lowlife thing to do.