UnevenEdge

Sean Schemmel could be in trouble...

3ngag3

Nah, I don't believe that's even possible here. They WILL finish Dragon Ball Super.

Dragon Ball stuff is way too valuable to Toonami. Besides, [as] shows have always had homophobic slurs in jest. This is nothing new.

I mean, Vic was in such hot water earlier this year for WAY more controversial behavior, and they let JoJo Part 4 play out, so if you think this will affect DBS, you're insane.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, elfie said:

Are we gonna have this kind of thread for every single actor in existence?

Is that guy in the tweet the same person who chastised Monica during the Ron Toye controversy?

He's a pro Vic nut, most of what he says is BS.

The only thing I got out of this is that "I hate Mansplaining". And I feel guilty for ever inspiring you guys for digging up other crap he himself parroted in the past days over here!! It's horrible to ruin the lives of these actors, and you should be ashamed.

And if most of what he says is BS,

1. How come he brings Sean into this!?  Sean =/= Vic!

2. Why is 3ngag3 apparently linking stuff from him now!? This is the second day in a row Mansplaining links were posted here!

Edited by elfie

This nonsense kinda blew up on Twitter last night. But good ol' Sketch brought up an interesting point: this is most likely NOT a new thing. At most recent, it's from the 2nd half of 2016, when the Great Saiyaman arc of DBZ Kai was being recorded. But it's a LOT more likely this is a warm-up out-take from the OG dub back in 2001. That was a different time, when Big Gay Al was a thing on South Park, and Eminem was rhyming "maggot" with "faggot". To be looked at under the lens of the LGBTQ-empowered society and post-#meToo of 2019 is rather quaint.

• D'oh 1

1 hour ago, helpme said:

And people would care why?

Vic has been doing Edward elric for years and look at what happened to him

People would care because unlike FMA which had two significant-lenghted animated adaptations, DBZ has had several series, two of which were even longer than FMA AND BROTHERHOOD combined! And BROTHERHOOD ended years ago, whereas the DBZ franchise is on-going with a dub premiering on TV, so people had more time to get used to hearing Sean as Goku.

3 hours ago, elfie said:

People would care because unlike FMA which had two significant-lenghted animated adaptations, DBZ has had several series, two of which were even longer than FMA AND BROTHERHOOD combined! And BROTHERHOOD ended years ago, whereas the DBZ franchise is on-going with a dub premiering on TV, so people had more time to get used to hearing Sean as Goku.

Well at the end of the day it's the company's decision and what they choose is the final say

On 8/29/2019 at 12:01 PM, OwlChemist81 said:

To be looked at under the lens of the LGBTQ-empowered society and post-#meToo of 2019 is rather quaint.

16 hours ago, Daos said:

You guys are being ridiculous. No one cares that someone said a bad word 10 years ago

A lot of the shit that Vic was fired over was stuff from over 10 years ago.  Over a decade ago this would have just been viewed as some funny shit they'd play at a con like the Thundercats bloopers. With the metoo movement, lgbtq, Vic drama I doubt it'll just be accept as a product of it's time, or that voice actors and people have fun which isn't always in tune with today's outrage culture. 

So it's either Funimation is at fault for fostering this sort of environment for years, or Funimation isn't responsible for the actions of their staff. 

Really though the only people who would actually be surprised by these outtakes are outragers. Really I don't think funimation is going to do anything this time around even if the outrage does get ugly. Simply because they can't afford to have every voice actor they fire dragging them and other voice actors through the mud on their way out, and if they fire anyone over it; it's going to turn all of the staff against Monica and the gang for stirring the pot. The worst case would be Sony stepping in and demanding removal without thinking of the working relationships of the staff, and how small the pro voice acting community is.  

I think a side effect though of all of this, is that we'll be hearing a lot more Youtube voice actors stepping up to funimation voice actor in the next few years in a search for backup talent. Something to think about when your multi million dollar company relies on a dozen or so people that can be more prone to drama and exposure.  

• Sad 1

Why do you think this has any similarity to 20 years of Vic trying to pound underage tail and aggressively trying to screw his female coworkers?

The two things are not at all alike. How about some Vic stories?

"Voice actor Charlotte (not her real name) confirmed to io9 that she shared her story with Funimation for its investigation. She relayed to io9 her experience, one which Mignogna denied in emailed responses to io9’s questions. Charlotte said that at a con in the late 2000s, she was getting ready to go to dinner with Mignogna and some other con guests and employees. Mignogna asked if they could stop by his room first, because he wanted to show her a video, and she agreed. Because both were in relationships—Mignogna with his now ex-fiancée Michele Specht and Charlotte with her then-boyfriend—she believed the invitation was platonic.

As they watched the video, she says, Mignogna grabbed her by the arms and kissed her aggressively, including putting his tongue inside her mouth. She tried to pull away, only to have him pull her back in. She told io9 she felt scared and frozen, “like a board.” Then, things escalated. Charlotte said Mignogna backed her up to the bed and she fell down, then he got on top of her. Soon after, a friend came to check on them, and she immediately got off of the bed.

“I was saved by a door knock. I can’t say what would’ve happened [otherwise]. I don’t know if I would’ve kicked his ass, or he would’ve kept [going] and I stayed frozen,” she said. “I keep waking up in the middle of the night with that panic feeling. It’s that panic, it’s that feeling I have to do something to get him away from me.”

"Another guest was Orion’s Envy, a four-lady team of dancers and dance instructors that painted themselves head-to-toe in bright and glittery green, cosplaying as Orion slave girls from STAR TREK’s original series. They were completely amazing and super-fun.

I’d get to see them a lot after Saturday night, because that’s when Vic grabbed one of them, pulled her down and hissed in her ear. From that moment forward, Orion’s Envy was using the ‘buddy system’ to make sure that none of them were alone in a room with him."

Hey these stories sound almost exactly like that stuff Monica Rial said he did. It's almost like this guy has been using the same tactics and strategies for 20 years. This is probably all a conspiracy though.

https://twitter.com/Rialisms/status/1098028342475964417/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1098028342475964417&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fcomicbook.com%2Fanime%2F2019%2F02%2F21%2Fdragon-ball-super-monica-rial-vic-mignogna-allegations%2F

Edited by Daos
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, MasqueradeOverture said:

This originally leaked in 2002 and its resurface is just another alt-right James Gunn-style attack.

Nothing to see here.

Some of these guys are ridiculous though, they're making a living off pretending that all the Kick Vic people are in trouble and GOING DOWN ANY DAY NOW. LOOK AT THIS HYPOCRISY!

Edited by Daos

7 hours ago, Jman said:

This feels like the same whataboutism they did with James Gunn, relying on manufactured outrage and cultural barriers to have Toei punish FUNi.

Exactly!  They were able to reverse it and he's back on Guardians 3, but that was lucky. Most instances don't have a happy ending like that!