UnevenEdge

Lupin III Part 5 Episode #10 ("EPISODE II" FINALE!) Discussion!!!

Man when did Lupin and Goemon become such stone cold killers!

They killed the kid too!

And so Red Mage and eyepatch kid's genders remain a mystery.

Cyborg!

Thanks Albert!

Blows himself up.Ā  But they got the book!

It's an empty book!Ā  It says Lupin on the edge lol.

So that's it?Ā  What about all the stuff with corrupt cops and the politician??

On 8/17/2019 at 11:34 PM, PokeNirvash said:

Not since Michiko and Hatchin, there hasn't been.

I guess you COULD argue that FLCL Alternative was Josei...

On 8/17/2019 at 11:57 PM, mochi said:

once again Lupin is the only good show currently on the Block

I'd argue that it's the best show on the block, but the ONLY good show? I don't know about that. In my book even Boruto is better than like 90% of what Adult Swim airs outside of Toonami. But this episode, yes, definitely the best episode on the block this week!

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/lupin-the-third-part-5/episode-10/.132526

Grade: "A+"! Interesting that our reviewer, Rose, decided not to talk about how brutally the femme fatales were dispatched by Lupin, Goemon, and Albert, but quite a glowing review nonetheless that taps into the mystery that is Lupin.

Can Lupin steal the show again next week, airing at 3:30 AM and in the same hour as Gundam? Only time will tell...

Edited by OwlChemist81

So hey, did anyone else know that there was a post-credits scene in this episode that was cut from the broadcast? I was wondering why we'd moved on to a stand-alone episode when it felt like the previous arc hadn't fully resolved, and when I checked out an episode review, it mentioned an ending that I swore I hadn't seen. So I yarrrrr and yep, there's another minute or so. Lupin's with Jigen reading a newspaper that shows the Trump-wannabe politician suddenly dropping out of the race, and when Jigen asks what Lupin did with the notebook, he says he returned it to its original owner. There's then a cut to flowers on Gaston's grave. Seeing the whole thing gives the arc a much better sense of closure.Ā 

Edited by Top Gun
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Ironic how they've been really good at keeping the post-credits scenes for Food Wars intact (bonus for the occasional "see you next time!" card popping up here and there), but somehow cut this one out. That's our Toonami, them and their inconsistent quality control.

[no one gets mistaken for an american city like gaston]

Someone should let them know. They fixed the mistake with Attack On Titan, airing the segment that got cut, but would they with this, and if so, how?

In light of this, it's even more of a shame that they're not having a marathon of the first 11 episodes of Lupin III Part 5 this weekend with the cut scene restored, but then again that would probably be terribly bad forĀ ratings.

IIRC, the week before last, we got several recurrences of a melting ice cream cone making fart noises instead of the proper conclusion to "EPISODE II" after the credits of Episode #10. Great job, [as]!

Edited by OwlChemist81