UnevenEdge

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 39 Discussion

• StarPanda featured, pinned and unfeatured this topic
1 minute ago, DangerMouse said:

Certain goals. Heh, If only.

Like this series will actually let her become hokage over Boruto

I'd like to hope so, but not getting my hopes up.  But maybe since Kishimoto isn't the writer.

Who was the guy Boruto was fighting in the flash forward at the beginning, by the way?  Anyone currently in the cast we can expect to turn evil at some point?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

I'd like to hope so, but not getting my hopes up.  But maybe since Kishimoto isn't the writer.

Who was the guy Boruto was fighting in the flash forward at the beginning, by the way?  Anyone currently in the cast we can expect to turn evil at some point?

Yeah, that's the one shot maybe, that Kishimoto's not writing this himself.

Otherwise, Boruto doesn't even want the role and yet he'd still have a better shot lol

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Knowing this franchise?

Spoiler

probably Mitsuki

• Like 1

oh, damn, it's the Mitsuki origin episode??

Kishimoto actually wrote this story in a manga one-shot and it's pretty much the only part of the boruto manga that's good or interesting (though i guess the same can be said for the sarada goes looking for her dad arc we got through before)

also, the guy boruto's fighting in the flash forward is a new character we haven't seen yet

• Like 1

Memory manipulation.  Ok lol.  Well there have been mental related powers in the past I guess.

Won't say if he's father or mother.  Did he grow him in a test tube or something?  One of Orchimaru's experiments?

Ah there's some of the evil menacing Orochimaru.  That's no way to treat your child.

Can we really trust the story they are giving Mitsuki?

This guy must be something if he can give Orochimaru a run for his money.

Weren't Orochimaru's arms supposed to be permanently disabled by Sarotobe?  Didn't he start using them again later in Shippuden and it was never explained?

Just now, ben0119 said:

Memory manipulation.  Ok lol.  Well there have been mental related powers in the past I guess.

Won't say if he's father or mother.  Did he grow him in a test tube or something?  One of Orchimaru's experiments?

Ah there's some of the evil menacing Orochimaru.  That's no way to treat your child.

Weren't Orochimaru's arms supposed to be permanently disabled by Sarotobe?  Didn't he start using them again later in Shippuden and it was never explained?

i don't remember if his arms were repaired by the body transefer or somethign else

2 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

orochimaru wants better offspring than himself

and he's apparently (with Mitsuki's brother) pulling a charade to force Mitsuki to stay on the path of good, because he's afraid being his son automatically predisposes Mitsuki to be evil

• Like 1

Just now, ben0119 said:

Artificial beings, and this Mitsuki isn't the first.  I knew it was something like that.

Orochimaru's dementedness continues.

Born of love pffffffffft.

fun fact....japan views children created via artificial or assisted fertilization as "fake people"

so this is just glimpse into Japans rather fucked up beliefs about human life

and also kind of explains their declining birth rate they're too stubborn to accept change to do anything about

12 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Heh, seems like they were extra messing with us with that Orochimaru evil act.

Oh yeah, it's amusing how Orochimaru won't say since Mitsuki might be full test tube experiment and also because they're being evasive about his current face looking rather female lol

Edited by DangerMouse

11 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

this is a new body

and the series is keeping us in the dark over the subject of whether or not his current body is female and he carried Mitsuki and his brother naturally, or if he grew them in tanks like this

Related image

11 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

i don't remember if his arms were repaired by the body transefer or somethign else

That part of his soul got taken, so there should have been no way to fix it. That was the whole point.  Sarutobi did that so that no matter what body he had he couldn't use his arms again.