UnevenEdge

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 39 Discussion

20 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

oh, damn, it's the Mitsuki origin episode??

Kishimoto actually wrote this story in a manga one-shot and it's pretty much the only part of the boruto manga that's good or interesting (though i guess the same can be said for the sarada goes looking for her dad arc we got through before)

also, the guy boruto's fighting in the flash forward is a new character we haven't seen yet

Oh I see.

Oh ok.  Nothing we can figure out from that then haha.  I thought it might have been the held back kid.

3 minutes ago, mochi said:

this is a new body

and the series is keeping us in the dark over the subject of whether or not his current body is female and he carried Mitsuki and his brother naturally, or if he grew them in tanks like this

Related image

Like I said to Carbeau, the whole point of that was it took that part of his soul, so he wouldn't be able to use his arms no matter what body he used.  Sarotobi knew the body he was currently in wasn't his first and wouldn't be the last.

Yeah I guess so.  His body is kind of androgynous now, and the outfits he wears don't help.

5 hours ago, mochi said:

okay, so Mitsuki's not Rei Ayanami

he's Anemone

tumblr_o6ixhsXqrj1tndn6wo2_540.gif

I was always under the impression Mitsuki was Kaworu. Oddly serene personality, has a totally no homo crush on the MC, related to the antagonists in some way or another... Where'd you ever get the idea he was Rei?

• Haha 1

On 7/14/2019 at 4:18 AM, PokeNirvash said:

I was always under the impression Mitsuki was Kaworu. Oddly serene personality, has a totally no homo crush on the MC, related to the antagonists in some way or another... Where'd you ever get the idea he was Rei?

because he looks like Rei

Related imageImage result for Rei ayanami

he acts more like Anemone though

Edited by mochi
  • Haha 1

On 7/16/2019 at 2:01 AM, PokeNirvash said:

How can you look at Mitsuki and not see this guy?

tumblr_mrd1rsDc471srsfpho1_1280.png

It's honestly baffling.

also, Kaworu is now retroactively straight thanks to the new dub, so....the Mitsuki comparison no longer applies as far as them being gay for the protagonist goes

Edited by mochi