UnevenEdge

Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 24 Discussion

logo_sp.png

EPISODE 24 DISCUSSION

Last time on Sword Art Online: Alicization, Kirito, Eugeo, Alice, and Cardinal, all stood up to Administrator and her sword golem.  Unfortunately, it went against Cardinal's programming to attack that abomination because it was made of human souls and memories, combined with divine object weapons.  She attempted to make a deal with Administrator to give her life to let the other three go.  The others decided not to leave anyway because it wouldn't help things at all, and Eugeo had Cardinal TURN HIM INTO A SWORD AND HE FLEW AROUND THE ROOM AND KILLED THE GOLEM.  But when Eugeo faced off against Administrator, while he chopped one of her arms off, he was broken in half in sword from, and when he returned to human form he was cut in half, but with ice freezing between the two halves.  Eugeo is seemingly on death's door.  This time Kirito froze up in battle, and Alice had to come to his assistance.  Kirito blocked Administrator's strike in time to save Alice from sacrificing herself for him, but then Alice passed out anyway.  Now Kirito faces off against Administrator alone.  Find out how this battle turns out tonight on the mid-season finale of Sword Art Online: Alicization, on Toonami!

Edited by ben0119
  • Like 2

Finally!  

Since I won, I will continue sprucing up the OP.

Why do you even go for SAO anyway?  It's not like it's one of your favorite shows or anything, is it?

Anyway, there won't be anymore SAO threads for a while, unless they get Gun Gale Online Alternative to fill the gap til Alicization Part 2 gets here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, it's hard to argue against what people have been saying about SAO progressively getting better as it goes along.  Well, if we block Fairy Dance from our memory (heh) like we do with Bleach's Bount Arc!  Also I noticed the show almost never refers to anything from that arc aside from them being in ALO sometimes.  Sugo and his company has not been brought up once since then!  I don't think that's a coincidence lmao.

Edited by ben0119

Yeah it's the last episode until October.  I don't know they don't just call the next parts of these split seasons another season instead of part 2?  With this and Attack on Titan.

403 forbidden on the first pic.  The second pic didn't load until I opened in a separate tab.  Nothing would make the first pic load.  Maybe danbooru doesn't like embeds.  Though maybe it would help to embed the full picture instead of the sample.  Full picture might be huge though, so dunno if that's a good idea.

Edit - I just now got it to work.  For some reason copying and pasting into another tab worked this time. 

You posted gender-flipped GGO Kirito?!  NOOOOOOOOOO!

Edited by ben0119

5 minutes ago, Daos said:

Neither worked? If someone can explain why they show up fine for me and not for others I'm all ears.

Yeah I dont know 

Edit isolate the link open the link on it's own page and then copy it and paste it 

Edited by StarPanda

58 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Yeah it's the last episode until October.  I don't know they don't just call the next parts of these split seasons another season instead of part 2?  With this and Attack on Titan.

403 forbidden on the first pic.  The second pic didn't load until I opened in a separate tab.  Nothing would make the first pic load.  Maybe danbooru doesn't like embeds.  Though maybe it would help to embed the full picture instead of the sample.  Full picture might be huge though, so dunno if that's a good idea.

Edit - I just now got it to work.  For some reason copying and pasting into another tab worked this time. 

You posted gender-flipped GGO Kirito?!  NOOOOOOOOOO!

Yeah well Mochi was complaining that my images weren't gay enough all this time so I was thinking... what would Mochi love?

The answer was lesbians. Kirito being a lesbian even incorporates the MC into the action, what more could he want! A lesbian MC of a major franchise getting it on with another girl! Very progressive.

• Haha 2

After I do the finagling in other tabs to get the broken pics to load they pop up and start working in the thread after that.  So nothing you or I do now will work as a "test" now that I've gotten them to work.  I've turned off adblock for this site and I'll see if that makes a difference in the future.

Not sure what you did different in your second post, in any case.  It looks like you still linked to the danbooru sample pic.  I think I recall yandere having a no hotlinking thing before, but I could be thinking of zerochan or something else.  I don't know if that whole "no hotlinking!" thing is still so prevalent these days.

On mobile Chrome the top picture works but the bottom one doesn't!  WUT!  No ad blocker on my phone, by the way.

Time to dust off some browsers I guess...

Same deal on mobile Samsung internet browser.

Same for Firefox on PC.

Same thing on *bleh* Internet Explorer.

That's so weird that I couldn't get the first one to work Chrome on my PC, but now it's the other way around! x_x

Now to try the fixes...

On mobile Chrome I held down and opened image in new tab and it loaded the image by itself in that other tab.  I refreshed the thread and it started working in the thread.

Samsung mobile browser would not let me copy the image url.  And when I tried to copy the text after the broken image icon, it didn't go anywhere.  Google said it did not match any documents.

On Firefox the picture loaded after copying and pasting in another tab.  The picture still doesn't show up after refreshing the thread after getting the pic to load in another tab.  Don't know if being logged into the boards affects this.  I'm not going to try to log in on all these browsers.

Clicking "show picture" on the yandere embed (don't remember that option) on Internet Explorer did not show the picture, but I got it to work there by copying and pasting the url into another tab.  It didn't make it start working in the thread here, either.  I did find it interesting it loaded the pic by itself where with the others they loaded the whole yandere post page.

I think maybe the thing of loading the image in another tab and then refreshing the thread to get the embed to work may be a Chrome-only feature.

All your new pics work everywhere, though!

I almost didn't recognize one of the girls, then I realized that must be Liz IRL, and Liz is barely shown in-game or out, lmao.

5 hours ago, ben0119 said:

I almost didn't recognize one of the girls, then I realized that must be Liz IRL, and Liz is barely shown in-game or out, lmao.

Well Liz kind of sucks, and there's not many pics of her.

Tons of Silica!

But I decided against posting pics of Asuna and Silica getting it on, that would just be tasteless.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, elfie said:

SAO's next season is going to to air in several months. You have no idea if it'll be on Toonami sooner or later.

dubbing takes a while, also after the rape scene controversy Toonami may no longer want it

12 minutes ago, elfie said:

People said the same thing about the almost-rape scene in the first season, and oh wow! Look what happened!

yeah but this one got more of a negative response.....even in Japan, it seems the reason why was just because Reki..."won't stop" doing it....it got to a point where even japan's censors were like "okay, why do you keep doing this?"

Edited by mochi
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mochi said:

yeah but this one got more of a negative response.....even in Japan, it seems the reason why was just because Reki..."won't stop" doing it....it got to a point where even japan's censors were like "okay, why do you keep doing this?"

Not just contracts like Poke said, but Demarco knows it's best for business! 

He even said it's worth airing (and watching) a show even if there's one objectionable scene or two.  And SAO is not the only rapey offender.  Not that that makes it any better, just saying this isn't an SAO-only thing.  Kill la Kill comes to mind.  Though, funnily enough, the GGO Alternative series is probably the least offensive of all of them, and Toonami didn't get that.  I'm hoping they air it as a buffer until Alicization Part 2 comes out, but I don't know if the timing would work out or if they're able or willing to do that. 

The reason Reki gave was his inspiration from light novels he read in middle school that had rape scenes.  Not... a very good reason, lol.  And we all know why he puts it in.  It's to get the villains more heel heat.  It's not like Reki is doing a deep examination of rape and how the victims deal with it or something.  Like I have mentioned in the past, you could easily do this whole "there's some things against the law that you should do, and some things that are legal that you shouldn't do" thing, and Kirito and Eugeo defending themselves and the girls from those assholes, killing one and maiming the other, and getting arrested without including the rape element at all. 

Also, why is it that the villains are either over-the-top psychos like Sugo, the Death Gun brothers, and Kuradeel (the crazy Laughing Coffin guy that infiltrated Kirito and Asuna's guild,) or calm, cool, collected, and chill as fuck, like Kayaba and Kikuouka?  Hell, Kikuoka didn't even seem like a villain in earlier seasons!  He was definitely suspicious as fuck, though.

Anyway, Reki at least apologized and said he won't do it anymore.  He's also promised to correct other issues and give other characters more screen time and use the women better.  I can't think of too many other Japanese creators that would do this.  They would just keep going along doing their stupid shit, if they ever even got questions and criticism from the industry media and fans in the first place.

https://comicbook.com/anime/2018/12/15/sword-art-online-alicization-sexual-assault-creator-response/

https://comicbook.com/anime/2019/01/20/sword-art-online-sexual-assault-plot-device-comments-reki-kawahara/

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-01-21/sword-art-online-author-reki-kawahara-says-female-characters-should-not-be-treated-as-trophies/.142337

Edited by ben0119
  • Like 1