UnevenEdge

Spring Anime 2017

BUU8800

The Lists:

MAL

AniChart

LiveChart

Nearly six full weeks into the Winter anime season and...anybody ready for Spring? :D I am, at least anime-wise, because here's what I'm planning on watching:

NEW:

1.) Alice to Zouroku - This looks adorable! :D Though it might turn out to be more serious than I'm expecting.

2.) Clockwork Planet - I've already read the source material for this one and it's...fine. I'm hoping to enjoy it more animated.

3.) Hinako Note - This one is DEFINITELY gonna be adorable. :D I'm expecting it to be a short series, but we'll see.

4.) My Hero Academia, Season 2 - Do I even need to say anything for my most highly anticipated series of the season?

5.) Renai Boukun - I actually read the first chapter or two of this long before the anime was announced. I dropped it though, primarily because it seemed to me like the mc was gonna inevitably fall for the cupid girl over his original yandere crush, which I didn't really wanna see. Will I be proven wrong?

6.) Sakura Quest - I'll definitely be interested in seeing how this turns out. It feels like it could be a mix of several different shows I enjoyed. Character designs certainly look good.

7.) Sakurada Reset - A school mystery show focusing on two girls with supernatural powers? Count me in! :D

8.) Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? - Good God that title! :D This was a last-minute entry to my list, as the premise doesn't exactly thrill me. I've read good things about it though so...who knows?

9.) Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho - Finally, this premise sounds pretty interesting. So uhh...yeah. Let's see how it goes! :D

ON-GOING:

1.) Dragon Ball Super - Classic, nuff said.

2.) One Piece - It's One Piece, it'll never end!

So that's it. 11 shows excluding Toonami. Now there are several others I plan to watch, just not weekly. But yeah, definitely one of the shortest lists I've had in awhile, but intentionally so. Hopefully it'll help me catch up on Conan a bit. So that's it for me, what looks good y'all?

Oh, and apologies if someone tried to post in the original version of this thread, the poll came out wrong so I removed it. You should now be able to vote for upto all 15 options!

The only shows that interested me a bit are:

Hinako Note - I'm a sucker for cute girls doing cute things.

Sakura Quest - Hoping for another solid work-related SoL/comedy like Shirobako, though this will have to work harder since I'm not nearly as interested in tourism.

Eccentric Family 2 - First series was fun, interesting, and when it needed to be, compelling. Hope the sequel is just as good.

Then I saw there were a ton of light novel adaptations and picked one by its artwork and synopsis alone and came up with Clockwork Planet, so I'll check that out too.

The rest didn't interest me... maybe that time travel to solve random cases one. Anyway, if I hear good things then I'll check out more.

So the 2 that stick out to me are

AoT S2. 

Kekkai Sensen S2.

Other than that it looks like the usual smattering of the same story lines written differently.  Maybe its just me, but it really feels like anime has become a cookie cutter genera these days where its basically the same thing done over and over and over again.

There are a crapton of season twos in the pile here.

YES:

AoT 2: I enjoyed the first one and I keep up with enough of the spoilers to look forward to what they'd be adapting.

Dungeon Girls Spinoff: It's not Bestia, but I'm pumped to find out that there's gonna be more of the Hiryute's.

Eccentric Family 2: The first one was one of the best anime that season. I'm glad to find out that they were able to make a second season for it and they didn't forget about it after so many years.

Yoru wa Mijikashi Arukeyo Otome: It's a movie, but it's another crack at the Tatami Galaxy universe so it looks like it'll be great by the time it's translated.

MAYBE:

Sakura Quest: I tend to have a good track record with liking shows about tourism, and PA Works always makes very memorable shows.

Sakurada Reset: This sounds like it'll be promising and David Productions is pretty solid. Just not sure about the staff.

Renai Boukun: Seems wacky enough, but how the premise is executed is gonna be make-or-break.

Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records: Same thing with Renai Bouken.

Boku no Hero Academia 2: I might check this out. I'm not as pumped up for it, but I'll try to see if I want to revisit the series.

Eromanga-sensei: I'll probably check out the first episode based on the premise, but I'm hoping it turns out good.

Hinako Note: Don't know too much about this, but the art is cute.

CONTINUING:

Little Witch Academia: Good stuff, good stuff.

I'll probably be checking out the first episode of most everything, as per usual, but here's what I'm most looking forward to:

- ATOM: THE BEGINNING (hope it's a bit like Pluto)

- BERSERK 2

- Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria

- Kekkai Sensen & BEYOND

- Natsume Yuujinchou Roku (as soon as I finish Go)

- SAKURA QUEST

- Shingeki no Bahamut: VIRGIN SOUL

- Uchoten Kazoku 2

So the 2 that stick out to me are

AoT S2. 

Kekkai Sensen S2.

Other than that it looks like the usual smattering of the same story lines written differently.  Maybe its just me, but it really feels like anime has become a cookie cutter genera these days where its basically the same thing done over and over and over again.

Mos of what I saw did not look appealing to me but I will wait and see. Those two are the only two that stood out to me as well. I have not seen My Hero Academia yet.

Will definitely be watching BnHA 2, Kekkai Sensen S2, Uchouten Kazoku S2 and Shingeki no Bahamut S2 for sure!

Everything else will be a blind watch depending on how much time I have, but some of the stuff looks good from the art alone.

Hard pass on AoT 2. Other than my losing interest in the series altogether, the controversy surrounding the author's political beliefs on top of the editor allegedly murdering his wife makes me want to stay away from it.

the controversy surrounding the author's political beliefs on top of the editor allegedly murdering his wife makes me want to stay away from it.

::D::

I wasn't watching the sequel to the most overrated anime this decade unless/until Toonami got it anyway but... ::D::

Will definitely be watching BnHA 2, Kekkai Sensen S2, Uchouten Kazoku S2 and Shingeki no Bahamut S2 for sure!

Everything else will be a blind watch depending on how much time I have, but some of the stuff looks good from the art alone.

Hard pass on AoT 2. Other than my losing interest in the series altogether, the controversy surrounding the author's political beliefs on top of the editor allegedly murdering his wife makes me want to stay away from it.

Oh wow.

Now that you said that, now I probz won't watch.

Gross.

Didn't know about that discourse.

Yeah, it often gets overlooked because of the series' popularity. The editor was arrested earlier this year actually.

Damn, yeah, I just looked it all up.

Soooo disgusting -_-

Especially the political viewpoints of the creator with the Koreans.

Def not giving this series second season a watch now.

• 3 weeks later...

There's been so much time between seasons 1 and 2 that I don't have much enthusiasm for AoT 2. I might watch some of it for Ymir, but it doesn't help that I already know the spoilers for what's next so I could be spending time on other shows. It doesn't help knowing about the mangaka's inspiration for Dot Pixis and the editor's murderous streak. The Junior High spinoff grew on me overtime, but that's because the characters felt more fleshed out in a goofy comedy fanservice setting than the actual manga.

I did pick up a nice blogging position recently though so I'll be invested in this upcoming season.

Is that the same editor who locked himself in a closet and cried for hours on end after learning Isayama was planning on killing off Sasha?

Look, I don't care what wing the author is or if the editor killed his wife or not, I'm still watching AoT 2 and any attempts to guilt-trip me out of washing it will be a total failure.

Is that the same editor who locked himself in a closet and cried for hours on end after learning Isayama was planning on killing off Sasha?

Look, I don't care what wing the author is or if the editor killed his wife or not, I'm still watching AoT 2 and any attempts to guilt-trip me out of washing it will be a total failure.

You do you, dude! :D I just don't care about the series anymore personally

There's been so much time between seasons 1 and 2 that I don't have much enthusiasm for AoT 2. I might watch some of it for Ymir, but it doesn't help that I already know the spoilers for what's next so I could be spending time on other shows. It doesn't help knowing about the mangaka's inspiration for Dot Pixis and the editor's murderous streak. The Junior High spinoff grew on me overtime, but that's because the characters felt more fleshed out in a goofy comedy fanservice setting than the actual manga.

I did pick up a nice blogging position recently though so I'll be invested in this upcoming season.

That's the other thing. If I were to watch the second season I'd rather not have to force myself to recap the first season. I've learned so many spoilers since then, that I'd rather just see those reveals.

Where are you blogging at now?

I might watch Episode 2, but from the screen grabs of Episode 1, it looks like it covered the same chapter I keep reading whenever I forget where I'm at with the manga. I must've seen that dude getting chomped on several times in my attempts to try and remember the chapter number. That combined with the slow pacing of the show and the controversy soured my interest in it when the parts I want to see adapted are just the bombshells that have long winded gaps between them.

I got accepted to RandomC this Spring. The guidelines are strict, and I'm still trying to get my introduction post in because the dude reading through it is a pain about revisions, but it is a good challenge, keeps me busy while I'm on a job hunt, and does give me some good writing experience on the side.

No, I figured I'd go by a different name to reintroduce myself to blogging with a fresh start. I'm projected to post on Akashic Records, Renai Boukun, and the 2nd half of LWA. Hopefully I'm able to get my intro out today. It's butchered up from the edits, but I do have a picture of the teacher from Seitokai Yakuindomo on there so it should be nice. Looking forward to seeing if people like or hate my opinion here and there  :D

Hmmm, Renai Boukun is the only one of those 3 I planned to watch but as I said in the first post of this thread, "I actually read the first chapter or two of this long before the anime was announced. I dropped it though, primarily because it seemed to me like the mc was gonna inevitably fall for the cupid girl over his original yandere crush, which I didn't really wanna see." So I'm not 100% decided on it just yet. Will definitely check out your posts if I do though.

Thanks everyone! I'll be alot more level-headed while I'm at RC than when I did CSW so I'll be alot less off-the-wall than I used to be, but still keep an open mind about shows. I did see that Renai Boukun did steer around there, but I'm hoping that maybe later on in the series, he warms up to the yandere girl. It's been a while since I've read up on it too, but with a little more free time and a free agent posting, I gave the application a shot. Finally have my intro up so I should be set in gear as I wait for Akashic to get translated.

So Sentai has Sakurada/Sagrada Reset and it's not on Crunchyroll? What does amazon or some shit have it? Fucking great. Screw it, I'm not playing fansub guessing games for it. Will hafta move that from weekly to watch whenever I feel like. And since it airs at freaking noon on the same day I'll do the same for Sakura Quest. Annoying, but at least that completely frees up Mondays through Wednesdays for me this season to try and watch more Cat's Eye, Gintama and Conan. If only I could actually get motivated to do so...I see Renai Boukun airs at 3pm on Thursdays which is also a bad time. I may move that from my weekly list too depending on when Clockwork Planet airs and just keep up with weekly shows Friday - Sunday this season, dunno.

Weekends are usually my catch up days for anime, so I'm gonna be in the same boat. So annoying to hear that about Sakurada Reset and it better be good and worth my time to stream it elsewhere (unlike a certain show last season that had the same problem with streaming rights.) I haven't really had that much time to check out anything else besides Sakura Quest and Alice to Zouroku.

• 2 weeks later...

So, now that some of this stuff is coming out is there anything that is just an absolute "must see" that wasnt really flagged going into the season?

The closest is probably WorldEnd (SukaSuka) and maybe Alice & Zouroku? I don't remember seeing much pre-season buzz about either, but both have been great so far.

I've also heard good things about Re:Creators and Grimoire of Zero, but both are on Anime Strike, so I haven't been able to check either out for myself.